The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra Pod 2008 - Discussion Thread

SteveR

Brilliant, Thank you for letting me know

It's in the handy all info thread, too. ;)

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q3: Can I pay on the day?

A3:

- PARTICIPANTS MUST be signed up before the day. NB: Please try not to leave it till the week before, and certainly not the night before, it'll be too late. :p

- SPECTATORS/EXTRA SPECTATORS can pay at the gate on the way in.

Q4: Can I upgrade from spectator to participant on the day?

A4: Nope, participants must be signed up before the day. There are 75 allocated places maximum so a close eye needs to be kept on the numbers.

• Replies 754
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What's the likelihood on a spot still being available after the track day? I want to see if my car makes it through the weekend before I pay up. :D

I wouldn't like to comment mate, in case I get it wrong and you miss out one way or another as a result. We're trying to get all 75 places sold, so PM's and further club invites may be going out soon.

Anyway you've got 2 Supras! :p

I appreciate that Michael but we only want a couple of goes each. This is the debate we are having. Is it worth the money unless we are going to spend all day ragging our car........:rolleyes:

H.

Go for it... :)

Soo is desperate to have some other ladies there (mainly cos I said there would be before I signed her up) :Pling:

If you havn't done it before, it's great and you don't have to either "only have four runs" or "rag your car all day" - I ran about eight / nine times last year, maybe ten and it was deffo worth the money.

G :)

Apparently they've got an 11.22 @ 132.9mph fto over at the ftooc.

515BHP !!!

I'm trying to talk them into bringing that along.

Should give a few of the big Supras a hard time... ;)

Shouldnt that say 'they have an FTO with an Evo engine shoe horned in'?

Would be interesting to see it run.

Go for it... :)....Soo is desperate to have some other ladies there (mainly cos I said there would be before I signed her up) :Pling: :)

Lynz has had a go at Pod previously I believe. My supra's poorly at the mo, doubt I'll get if fixed in time so although I'd like to, its off the agenda for me :(

L

Lynz has had a go at Pod previously I believe. My supra's poorly at the mo, doubt I'll get if fixed in time so although I'd like to, its off the agenda for me :(

Got your text Linda, have cleared PM space if you need to send me any payment details. :thumbs:

cheers Steve, I'll pay at the gate thanks :) Are you bringing Katie and the little man?

I shall be there (only spectating though, and I'll pay on the gate, hence I'm not on the list). Might even sort out a convoy, if I can remember how to get to the Pod!

Kate was saying the other day that she might not come but if it's good weather I think she'd come along with Dan.

I haven't done anything like this before (4 months ago I was driving a 1.6 8v Astra, now a TT) but I'm considering running (if I can convince my gf to come along / give me a pass) and was wondering what sort of tyre damage I'm likely to expect? Anyone got a rough measure; like, 10 runs = new rears, or something?

Also, do we need to arrange some sort of track day insurance for our cars?

Ta.

I haven't done anything like this before (4 months ago I was driving a 1.6 8v Astra, now a TT) but I'm considering running (if I can convince my gf to come along / give me a pass) and was wondering what sort of tyre damage I'm likely to expect? Anyone got a rough measure; like, 10 runs = new rears, or something?

Ta.

give it a go mate its great fun, you will not see any tyre damage unless you burn them to warm them up

Ta.

There should be noticable wear and tear unless you are doing a good burnout before each run. Even then it won't be much, certainly not track day levels of wear! Fuel isn't really noticable, you'd use more on a short WOT moment on the motorway.

I've still got the same set of road tyres on my car I've had for about 2 years now, and that's with doing several smokey line lock induced burnouts at competition events.

So warming up road tyres with a burnout doesn't wear them much, but if you don't do a burnout you'll see no more wear than a quarter mile of normal road driving.

Stacking your car at the strip would be most unfortunate and would need to be covered by your own insurance.

Cheers,

Brian.

the answer appears to be YES to allowing bikes on alongside the cars.

The Pod answer was that we have hired the track so we can choose what runs, so long as the bike owner is in full leathers and proper crash hat.

One proviso on this, we are limited to 75 competitors. Anybody using a bike will be taking a competitor space. If we fill up the 75 spaces then the bike will not be allowed to run unless you pay for a space before hand.

So I cannot guarantee that the bike will get a space should we find all 75 competitor spaces taken.

the answer appears to be YES to allowing bikes on alongside the cars.

WOOHOO! And thanks for finding out Branners!!

OK, sign me up! I'll bring the Soop and the Fazer, then I get to switch halfway through the day (or when I've broken one of them, whichever comes first!) :D

So, which one of you dropouts still has a ticket spare? May as well buy yours rather than waste a space that could go to someone else.