MarkR

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guys,

There's a plug-n-play Motec M800 ECU from Titan Motorsports. Have you thought about that? It is bloody freaking expensive at almost 5000 dollars but IMHO at the rate you (TyranoSupraRex) are gong, might be a worthwhile investment :) It's got a bunch of extra input/output so you might be able to control the VVTI with that?

Titan do a plug and play but they charge too much for the loom imho, to save costs escalating I would get an M800, with no options a fields connector/terminator(I have one here;)), and a little serial port end piece. Decent wires(TriRated e.t.c - you dont need automotive spec$$$$$$)

You dont need the options enabled it does everything you need without them, get it mapped sit back and relax, a motec mapped properly shouldnt need adjustments(until you decide to go bigger e.t.c:eyebrows:)

I already plan to do another single one day - hopefully not in this country, I'll be using motec again:cool:

You should have been able to get back what you paid for it, I am after a used M800 and can't find one...

http://www.solaris-ecs.co.uk/s8c.php

You could use your M800 funds and have some money left for christmas :)

Plus it will be brand new and have full next day replacement warranty.......

S6 is the way to go soon for all VVTI owners though. This month i will be fitting one to VVTI supra and setting up as a P&P setup with full DBW, VVTI, Traction control, Lambda control, Closed loop boost control and knock control for under £2000

It just cant be beaten IMO

Ryan

• 1 month later...

Have you looked at the vipec (v88) ECU option: http://www.vi-pec.com/

Basically the guy who made / invented the Autronic doing a new version of ECU. It supports vvti, fbw and a host of other things (specs on site). It won't do AFM but probably better to do a MAP conversion anyway.

Will be hopefully getting plug and play support for the vvti shortly, just need to confirm pinouts on ECU as some of the pinouts off here are a little conflicting. A few supra owners I know in Australia are moving to these, including previous Autronic SM4 owners. I will be using this once plug and play is developed (if developed) for my t51r vvti build.

Anyway good work on the car :)

Vipec = Link Ecu

The V88 is just a G4 extreme

Take the board out and remove the vipec sticker ;)

I wouldn't bother as i find the PID control on the links to be just be too slow espically with the closed loop boost. The knock control is the most basic system i have seen and never works right unless a bosch sensor is used.

And it will need the software sorting before it will control the DBW on the supra as it uses a clutch system.

Ryan

Cheers for the info. I'm pretty much sold on the Solaris, just waiting to see the results on Steve's car :) After all the good feedback on it, I reckon it's the way to go, and fits my budget nicely.

Next step is the 6 speed manual conversion, and then the single goes in. I was debating selling this car and getting a 6spd, but I've spent so much time and effort on my car that I'd be sad to part with it, and my wife would kill me if I bought another Supra as a second car and left the tiptronic as is :)

• 2 weeks later...
http://www.solaris-ecs.co.uk/s8c.php

You could use your M800 funds and have some money left for christmas :)

Plus it will be brand new and have full next day replacement warranty.......

S6 is the way to go soon for all VVTI owners though. This month i will be fitting one to VVTI supra and setting up as a P&P setup with full DBW, VVTI, Traction control, Lambda control, Closed loop boost control and knock control for under £2000

It just cant be beaten IMO

Ryan

OK, I have joined the Solaris forum, although this RB26 will have to run the M800 as I am too far down the road to change now! Will look to trying a Solaris in the future. Is this what a friend describes as a Life ecu, or are they different products? Cheers, and thanks for the co-ax which arrived today ;)

• 1 month later...

Some pics from GVN Coachworks. Half way through the repairs now. Once I get it back it'll be going in for the manual conversion and single conversion....

• New genuine Do-luck front bumper with a smaller number plate fitted.
  • New facelift lights as my original facelift headlights were damaged and old.
  • Front fenders resprayed.
  • New genuine Do-Luck bonnet (not in pics yet).
  • New genuine Top Secret rear spoiler being fitted (not in pics).
  • All little scratches and cracks being repaired.
  • Cam cover being sprayed to match the colour of the car.
  • Rear numberplate being correctly mounted as it was never right.

A word of warning to anyone fitting a Do-Luck bonnet. The TRD strut brace doesn't fit once you have this bonnet. Mine will be for sale once I get it back.

mark_r 006.jpg

mark_r 007.jpg

mark_r 008.jpg

mark_r 009.jpg