• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Nicholas
Just popped the seats in!! They look awesome... pics shortly

Nick, you da man! Thanks for going out of your way for me. :D I owe you beers!!!

Glad you like them mate and no problem at all :) Clean car you have there!

Set of PE 650cc injectors - cleaned and flow tested

Ryan

Question... If I got the PE 650cc injectors new do I still need to get them cleaned and flow tested?

PS: First post edited to include all prices and a total so far :taped:

An M800 will control FBW throttle and VVti, the stock ecu needs to control the auto box. You have the most complicated scenario for using an aftermarket ecu on, but it can, and has been done successfully, at a price. A Motec is a good choice for decent control of idle on big injectors, but do you need or want them? If I had to run injectors of that flow rate there's only one place I'd buy them from, and again, they are expensive, but THE BEST. With big flow injectors you need to know the lag time, et cetera.

http://www.yawpower.com/

Thanks Chris, missed this the first time around..

I've decided to go manual... watch this space.

Also, do I need a breather kit? I've read all the writeups using the elusive search feature and am still not 100% sure. Will my smallish turbo at max 1.5 bar be creating enough pressure to warrant it?

The way I see it is those small oem turbos were creating enough pressure to warrant it, bigger turbo and more boost = more crankcase ventilation, so yeah defo need a crankcase ventilation system

I say 2lines from each cam cover to the catch tank(this tank isn't really all that important, but it can be useful for oil vapour e.t.c) vent to atmosphere if you like(like most american tanks), then a 3rd line from catch tank to intake pipe pre-turbo, creating the much needed vaccum to give the Crankcase gases/oil vapour a sense of direction

I'm thinking of putting a little sponge filter just before my line connects to the intake pipe to gather any oil vapour that may have been missed by the catch can which will be filled with wire scour

The way I see it is those small oem turbos were creating enough pressure to warrant it, bigger turbo and more boost = more crankcase ventilation, so yeah defo need a crankcase ventilation system

I say 2lines from each cam cover to the catch tank(this tank isn't really all that important, but it can be useful for oil vapour e.t.c) vent to atmosphere if you like(like most american tanks), then a 3rd line from catch tank to intake pipe pre-turbo, creating the much needed vaccum to give the Crankcase gases/oil vapour a sense of direction

I'm thinking of putting a little sponge filter just before my line connects to the intake pipe to gather any oil vapour that may have been missed by the catch can which will be filled with wire scour

Cheers, very useful info. Did you find anymore info on the PHR breather kit? What do you think of this? http://www.greddy.com/products/display/?Category=oil&SubCategory=32

http://www.greddy.com/products/display/pop.php?my_img=576.jpg

Cheers, very useful info. Did you find anymore info on the PHR breather kit? What do you think of this? http://www.greddy.com/products/display/?Category=oil&SubCategory=32

http://www.greddy.com/products/display/pop.php?my_img=576.jpg

I saw one on the net a few nights ago but can't find it again. It was billet and resembled a thermos flask, but instead of a screw on cap, it had a screw on K&N Filter. Looked very nice, but I now don't know how many lines it had. Darn it.. I think it may have been on one of the US sites.

Do you have any idea what ECU you are going to use and which mapper are you planning on using?

Ryan was going to get back to me on a new "secret" ECU. It's my understanding that you may know more about this than you're letting on ;) Until I'd heard from him I had made no decision. The VVTi is still rearing its ugly head, so I'll see what he comes back with.

Ryan was going to get back to me on a new "secret" ECU. It's my understanding that you may know more about this than you're letting on ;) Until I'd heard from him I had made no decision. The VVTi is still rearing its ugly head, so I'll see what he comes back with.

I am trialing a unit at the moment and it works very very well ;)

Now what clutch? ...and only get a lightened flywheel if you like the sound a bag of spanners at low revs!

Not sure. Any recommendations on the clutch? Probably go for standard flywheel. So many more thing to think of now :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...