My VVTI GT35R Single Conversion

MarkR

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'd just like to say that the guys at GVN were awesome. Slow, but great! They're not good at answering the phone, but be patient, the wait is worthwhile. The quality is superb! Top marks for top blokes!

Good to here & looking very nice & GVN always do first class workmanship + always use them for what ever bodywork needed my self

• 3 weeks later...
I have the same one, looks a decent kit for the money.

Yours is what actually swayed my decision to get this. I figured I'd have heard something from you by now if it wasn't up to scratch as I'm sure you've driven your car hard enough by now to get the thermostat working ;)

Not sure if I should change my Cat back RSR to something else. I like the sound of this exhaust but I'm not that keen on the way it looks (I know this is a trivial issue but I'm quite picky on aesthetics). I prefer the look of just a pipe sticking out the back rather than a silencer looking box with a stubby pipe if you know what I mean? As much as I'd like to go Tanabe, I just hate the way it looks.

Also, I have a 4" DP/MP and I'm pretty darned sure that 4 inches is overkill, but how will mating a 4" DP/MP vband to a 3" 2/3 bolt cat-back work? Can you buy adaptors or will I have to make one? Will it affect performance to go smaller mid-car or create a hotspot further back where it narrows?

Not sure if I should change my Cat back RSR to something else. I like the sound of this exhaust but I'm not that keen on the way it looks (I know this is a trivial issue but I'm quite picky on aesthetics). I prefer the look of just a pipe sticking out the back rather than a silencer looking box with a stubby pipe if you know what I mean? As much as I'd like to go Tanabe, I just hate the way it looks.

Also, I have a 4" DP/MP and I'm pretty darned sure that 4 inches is overkill, but how will mating a 4" DP/MP vband to a 3" 2/3 bolt cat-back work? Can you buy adaptors or will I have to make one? Will it affect performance to go smaller mid-car or create a hotspot further back where it narrows?

You can buy an adaptor for it. Here's the one I did have. I bought it second hand BTW so I don't know where you'll get one from, sorry: