The mkiv Supra Owners Club

JAE 22.23.24 July 2005

250horses

Went to the show yesterday and though all the Supras were looking great I wasn't too impressed with it as a whole,hense the reason I left the stand early. :(

There weren't many stalls for a start and the ones that were didn't have much to offer. :thumbdown

I just felt that ,even though the weather was much better this year, last years show was more enjoyable.

Hope my feelings change at next years JAE as it can be and has been one of the main highlights of the show calender.

Martin

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Went to the show yesterday and though all the Supras were looking great I wasn't too impressed with it as a whole,hense the reason I left the stand early. :(

What was it that you weren't impressed with? The Supra stand or the show?

I must admit, i wasnt too impressed with the show, whether it was because i came up on my own not knowing anybody i dont know, but i just got bored wandering around the car clubs and trader stands.. 4 quid for a hotdog? WHAT was that all about?! I've never been to a jap car show before, but i was kinda expecting everybody to show off their cars, I didnt see many supras with their engine bays out on display showing off the mods!! I only saw one single turbo supra, and that was the blue envy, shame i didnt know where the envy guys were otherwise i would've got em to turn the beast on! :D that said i did meet a great bunch of guys on our stand, darkrider666, boneyard, dangeous brian, cornimac, and a few others! was amusing seeing ray behaving like a pimp with the envy girls ;) :thumbs:

I enjoyed looking at all the cars not only on the MKiv stand but on all of them...do like the R34's ;). The problem is that the looks is just a minor part of a car, its the power, noise, mods etc. that makes a car and with them just parked up it gets a little boreing. What it really needed it a strip or track that people could take their motors on and show off, or we should have organised a time where everyone from this club could be at the stand at the same time so we could just walk around each car with the owner so the baby could be started up and everyone else can ask questions (like mods, problems, what companies they used, who imported it ... etc) so we could all have had a proper taste of each car and we would all get to know each other a bit better...just an idea :shrug:

Overall was a good day... just racing all the cars around the showground was awesome lol but i think it had the potential of being alot better.

Some more pics... sorry but all the pics at the mkiv supe stand are of my car(was using a phone and forgot to clear the pics so i couldnt take many :( ) and come on, ive only had it a week :)

PS. Whens the next time/place/event we can all meet up?

mkivsup.jpg

mkivsup1.jpg

mkivsup2.jpg

GTO.jpg

cruz_evo.JPG

just got back in and popped the credit card in the freezer (Thanks Envy!)

was a brilliant show, i have never been before, so cant comment on this year versus last. i really enjoyed it.

i couldnt believe, having put up my tent, when i was invited to sit down with a cold one as 'we are gonna watch some DVD's on a projector'!

how many other stands did that? id say none...a big thanks to Rays the Roof and Darkrider666

many shennanigans through the night went off, all high in hilarity, but not things i can comment on on a public forum!!!

the exhaust 'sound off' (is that what we should call it?) was amazing....video to follow soon

organised a time where everyone from this club could be at the stand at the same time so we could just walk around each car with the owner so the baby could be started up and everyone else can ask questions (like mods, problems, what companies they used, who imported it ... etc) so we could all have had a proper taste of each car and we would all get to know each other a bit better...just an idea :shrug:

PS. Whens the next time/place/event we can all meet up?

agreed, a very clever idea...

next event is probably Ten Of The Best near York

Really cool weekend y'all. It was definitely as good this year as last was. To be fair I didn't actually go looksee at much at the show last year either I just spent my time around the club cars getting mullered :)

Many thanks to Ray for the tremendous effort he put in both before and during the event WELL DONE FELLA.

Cheers to Darkrider and the other various personages that sorted out the beverage situation and the food, top marks.

Well done to Wayne for getting us thrown out of the honda owners tent and almost off the site in less than 30 seconds (nice one buddy :) )

A big thanks to all the models for enduring Katie C's and Tiggers scouring scowls and remaining semi-clad for our visual entertainment :)

And finally a shout out to everyone that put the effort in to turn up and display their cars in finest fettle.

nice work guys!

Great event and our club looked fantastic.

As always, the convoy up was the highlight for me with Supras as far as the eye could see in every direction :)

The convoy was my dream... but only 1 other guy was going to meet me ...whayyy

can I just say Ray and the others did the club proud...in so many ways.

Shame about the rain in the afternoon but the morning was good.

JB

Agreed, Ray did a great job as well as his helpers, the parking was a great display, one we can all br proud of :) Well done fella!

The convoy was definately the best feeling ever :D The A1 clogged with Supra after Supra, superb!

Despite the weather it was a good day and again was nice to see some more faces, old and new :) Good showing guys!

can I just say Ray and the others did the club proud...in so many ways.

Shame about the rain in the afternoon but the morning was good.

JB

Yup - Thanks Ray and helpers for a erm... blurry weekend... and for managing to try and burn everything... white posts anyone??

:thumbs:

Just back myself, full marks to Ray and everyone, the stand was a triumph this year, especially the cinema! Also Ray deserves some praise for his efforts in the area of inter-club relations... :eyebrows:

I'll get that video of him running round the track up soon...