250horses

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Rays the roof

A big thank you to everyone who has offered to help set up and empty those many cans of beer!!

Please see the JAE stand supervisors thread.

"Every little helps"........

Guest Rays the roof

Ray,

I poss can bring Dale's (Boneyard) Gazebo if you want, I'm thinking of setting off about Midday on the Friday :blahblah:

So if you want some :help: early on let me know.

Tom, Please bring the gazebo! Any chance of setting off a tad earlier and meeting us at the M5 or A14 pick up points for the Friday Convoy??

Promise we won't drive any faster than 104.9 mph (according to my UNCALIBRATED) speedo!!

Tom, Please bring the gazebo! Any chance of setting off a tad earlier and meeting us at the M5 or A14 pick up points for the Friday Convoy??

Promise we won't drive any faster than 104.9 mph (according to my UNCALIBRATED) speedo!!

Ray,

i may now be in Brum for 10 am for a works meeting, if so then It finishes at 1400 so will make your leaving time. Will keep you posted. Would pick up the Gazebo from Dale the night B4.

:stickpoke

Guest jimbo123

I WILL BE AT THE SHOW BY AROUND 1 ON FRIDAY IF YOU NEED A HAND RAY ?

DO WE PARK ON THE STAND AND THEN CAMP ON THE CAMPING BIT?

BRING ON THE SOOPS.....

FOREST JIM................... :ecstatic:

This may have been covered but here goes anyway, in this months Jap Performance mag (Skylines on cover) it says that parking inside the show ground is only for jap cars and that non-jap cars can park in the public car park,does anyone know if this is true or is parking inside only for carclub members who are going on a club stand?

Hope you guys can help.

Martin

This may have been covered but here goes anyway, in this months Jap Performance mag (Skylines on cover) it says that parking inside the show ground is only for jap cars and that non-jap cars can park in the public car park,does anyone know if this is true or is parking inside only for carclub members who are going on a club stand?

Hope you guys can help.

Martin

Thats just what i was going to ask! That and if we do park at the club stand is it going be be a mission to get the cars out during the day if we need to leave?

Hope you guys can help.

Martin

The rules are that only club members are allowed in to the showground, non-club members have to park in the public car parks. The wording on that is specific, they want to ensure only jap cars are in the showground where possible. There will be some exceptions but basically anything coming in to the showground must be heading for a club stand and should therefore be a jap car.

We have said people will need to show their membership cards to be on the club stand so make sure you have your membership card with you..

And with regards getting the cars off the stand, we have sufficient space to get cars in and out of the stand depending on how the layout is designed by Ray. Most people remember the year when we had to squash cars in, that only happened becuase they laid out the plot wrong. There should be sufficient space for all this year.

JB

The rules are that only club members are allowed in to the showground, non-club members have to park in the public car parks. The wording on that is specific, they want to ensure only jap cars are in the showground where possible. There will be some exceptions but basically anything coming in to the showground must be heading for a club stand and should therefore be a jap car.

We have said people will need to show their membership cards to be on the club stand so make sure you have your membership card with you..

And with regards getting the cars off the stand, we have sufficient space to get cars in and out of the stand depending on how the layout is designed by Ray. Most people remember the year when we had to squash cars in, that only happened becuase they laid out the plot wrong. There should be sufficient space for all this year.

JB

if my cars not ready in time, am i still able to camp friday and saturday night? my 2nd cars jap anyway. a landcruiser :tongue: i am a member after all

if my cars not ready in time, am i still able to camp friday and saturday night? my 2nd cars jap anyway. a landcruiser :tongue: i am a member after all

lee,

Hello long time no hear from, we having some beers I hope!!

:stickpoke

This is the first time at this location and I have to be honest, I do not know how they are handling this side of things. If you say you are on the mkiv supra owners club stand then they should let you in, if you have your membership card with you I cant see it being a problem at all. But I cant say with 100% certainty what their plans are for non club cars being let in. So long as you make it clear which club you are with and that the car will be off the stand during show times (Sunday really..) then I think it will be fine.

JB

Guest Rays the roof
I WILL BE AT THE SHOW BY AROUND 1 ON FRIDAY IF YOU NEED A HAND RAY ? DO WE PARK ON THE STAND AND THEN CAMP ON THE CAMPING BIT?FOREST JIM................... :ecstatic:

Cheers Mate!!

One of two choices for camping.

1) Camp on club stand, but tent must be down by 9am each morning!!

2) Camp on general public bit and leave tent up.

Few of us will be camping on stand!!

C

U

There!!

Guest Rays the roof

PLEASE READ

Car Club/Trader Gates

Friday - 7:30am - midnight (security in gate if needed outside of these hours)

Sat 7:30 - midnight (security in gate if needed outside of these hours)

Sun 7:30 - noon (security in gate if needed outside of these hours)

All Club stands will be marked with the club name. Please bring with you the latest location map, so you know your club stand. Tickets are purchased on the gate and you will be wrist banded.

There is a restaurant at the showground available on Friday and Saturday evening, at the Peterborough/Cambridge Suite if you would like to book a table either evening, please contact Mrs Wheatley on 01733 234451.

May I remind you of the Terms and Conditions to JAE (see attached) please ensure that your club has read them. We want you to enjoy JAE!!

Show and Shine - Saturday

10am - 6.30pm

Running Order

11:00 Daihatsu

11:30 Lexus

12:00 Toyota

13:00 Mitsubishi

14:00 Honda

15:00 Datsun and Nissan

16:30 Mazda

17:30 Subaru

18:30 Suzuki

This will take place in the "main arena". Spectators can view from the grandstand. The blue A5 Show and Shine entry forms should be completed and brought with you on the day of your arrival to JAE. You must register the cars at the JAE Help Desk by 10am on Saturday, with an 11am start to the competition. At registration you will need to hand in the blue forms which will be stamped and the entry recorded. The forms are then to be placed in the car windscreen for identification purposes. Would you kindly brief the owners on the Show and Shine entry forms, so that they know exactly where to be and when. Glen Horncastle, will be running the competition. He will be wearing a JAE shirt. We have a list of judges who will be inspecting your shiny bits, so get cleaning!! If you would like to be a judge or marshal please let me know as soon as possible.

Flame Out competition - Saturday

6pm - 8pm

Paul Nicola from Pure P10 will be running the competition. See attached entry form. There will be two parts "assisted" and "un-assisted" Once again, please complete the form and bring it with you to the JAE Help Desk at 5:30pm for registration. The competition will be in the main arena. Spectators can view from the grandstand.

For further information, please email [email protected]

Tug of War - Sunday

12.00pm

I think you know how this works! There will be teams of six (per club). We have an official judge coming from the British Tug of War Association, so no cheating! A trophy will be presented to the best...err..team!

A list of competing clubs will be posted on the JAE forum. Watch this space!!

Show and Shine Finals - Sunday

1.30pm

Food and Soft drinks

There is a food and beverage order form (see attached) This form is in case you have forgotten to bring food for your BBQ. Telephone the order through to Stephen on 07706 940401 any time before the event or any time during the event before 5pm on Saturday. Alternatively, you can hand in the form to the Admin Office any time before 5pm on Saturday. Please note that ALL BBQ's must be raised and off the grass.

The hard stuff!

And finally, throughout the day and in the evening there will be two bars on site, one at the Northampton Suite and the other located in the middle of the Car Clubs area. Aside from a two hour break in the late afternoon these will be serving alcoholic beverages all day Saturday and Sunday. In addition, both will be providing an off-sales service and will take large or bulk orders for your entire club, but you may want to get in early if you want to make sure it's chilled to perfection!

I am expecting to get to the show at around 11 and will probably be leaving at around 3.30 would I still be able to park on the club stand for this short length of time. Also where can I find the map of the plots so I'm not going round in circles all day?

In the 3 years i owned a supra i always missed this event, now, when its based in peterborough, where i used to live, im clucking a million miles away in New Zealand without a Supra, just some crappy 1986 starlet turbo with no more power than a hair dryer on setting 'I'

life without a supra sux