The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Blackwidow Supra

imi

When i was first going single, i decided to prove folks wrong, and prove that you could go single for less than £5k

Well, im afraid to say you cant, not a T67 with 'decent' setup.

Granted, as Paul says its not going to be much over 5k to do it, but as Kyle says once you start ironing out niggles its getting over 5k.

Iv gotten myself some really amazing bargains on my kit, and done all the work myself (if i did it again i wouldnt!) and even still im over 5k by a fair stretch :(

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

510 on thors dyno pack, you done all the work yourself, are the parts new/ secondhand, not knocking yours at all, but 510hp on 550 injectors, fair play, and under 5k

yes all the work done by myself and before anyone else cherps up 510 hp is fly not Thors infamous rear wheel figures, i am not deliberately trying to be contraversial both myself and jonny5 run T61 singles built for well under 5k Jon's was actually a lot less i am just trying to give a balanced view and this is getting a little off topic

i am not talking about some T78-88 lag monster that yes would cost mega bucks to build, i am talking about a daily driver at the 500 hp mark, would you like to see my reciepts, would you like a go in my car, 15 k to go single is ridiculous at the power levels we are talking, unless your a complete fool and you use some of the traders on this board with their MAHOOSIVE prices, i'll repeat myself have a look in my garage, have at look at my car then tell me i'm a bullsh**er or a liar

£15k is too much and £5k is too little IMO, probably because of my MAHOOSIVE prices. The concensus so far is that I'm far from overpriced.

No-one called you a bullshitter or a liar either so calm down, and I certainly cant be arsed to go through your garage spec and price it up.

Like I then said, if you are already BPU and so have already upgraded your intercooler and other parts etc and you keep your eyes open in the for sale etc then yes you can build a budget single, especially if you're competent with a spanner.

Not for me but each to their own. The good thing about modified cars is individuality, so lets agree to disagree :)

When i was first going single, i decided to prove folks wrong, and prove that you could go single for less than £5k

Well, im afraid to say you cant, not a T67 with 'decent' setup.

Granted, as Paul says its not going to be much over 5k to do it, but as Kyle says once you start ironing out niggles its getting over 5k.

Iv gotten myself some really amazing bargains on my kit, and done all the work myself (if i did it again i wouldnt!) and even still im over 5k by a fair stretch :(

I suspect Homer would say the same :)

yes all the work done by myself and before anyone else cherps up 510 hp is fly not Thors infamous rear wheel figures, i am not deliberately trying to be contraversial both myself and jonny5 run T61 singles built for well under 5k Jon's was actually a lot less i am just trying to give a balanced view and this is getting a little off topic

i for one would like to see yours up against someones like say pigs, not knocking yours at all mate, but there are t61 setups like you have done yourself, (wish i had the expertise) and the likes of pigs and wez,s not done on a budget;)

I suspect Homer would say the same :)

Indeed I would :)

I just cannot see how it's possible to go from stock (or even base BPU) to a complete single for less than £5k. You could get very close to it if some budget items are used (IC, cats, exhaust for example) AND it's a DIY install, but using new branded parts the figures don't add up.

I'm in the process of writing a single conversion parts list using several different options (cheap as possible T61, 'normal' T61, 'normal' T67 and high end T67), none of the figures are coming in below £6k so far provided you're going from stock or BPU spec.

However I do not think this is so relevant to Imi's thread since knowing him he'll want a plug and play install & mapping that will not be DIY.

i for one would like to see yours up against someones like say pigs, not knocking yours at all mate, but there are t61 setups like you have done yourself, (wish i had the expertise) and the likes of pigs and wez,s not done on a budget;)

comparing my car to Wez's or Pigs is really not the issue and define how their cars are better !, obviously they have more power due to more money spent and thats their choice, dont get me wrong fella i am not a cheap skate i am currently re-building an engine but keeping the T61 as i love the power delivery, when i have finished it will be one of the most powerfull T61 setups on this board, i am not doing it for one upmanship, i am doing it because i enjoy modifing cars and for me it will probably spell the end of the line for Supras and i will move on because i have done everything i want to do to one, so money is not the issue it is rather about personal choice, you can choose to build a no expense spared 10-15k machine and good luck to you or you can build a very effective budget single for a lot less, i choose to do things my own way and not be lead by the so called experts (have a look at my brake setup), you mentioned 550cc injectors earlier (your not the first either :D), yes they are maxed out and they have been for the last 3 years :D do i care, no not a bit because they work, my ramble hear is trying to give a balanced view, you CAN build a reliable single turbo for under 5k

comparing my car to Wez's or Pigs is really not the issue and define how their cars are better !, obviously they have more power due to more money spent and thats their choice, dont get me wrong fella i am not a cheap skate i am currently re-building an engine but keeping the T61 as i love the power delivery, when i have finished it will be one of the most powerfull T61 setups on this board, i am not doing it for one upmanship, i am doing it because i enjoy modifing cars and for me it will probably spell the end of the line for Supras and i will move on because i have done everything i want to do to one, so money is not the issue it is rather about personal choice, you can choose to build a no expense spared 10-15k machine and good luck to you or you can build a very effective budget single for a lot less, i choose to do things my own way and not be lead by the so called experts (have a look at my brake setup), you mentioned 550cc injectors earlier (your not the first either :D), yes they are maxed out and they have been for the last 3 years :D do i care, no not a bit because they work, my ramble hear is trying to give a balanced view, you CAN build a reliable single turbo for under 5k

and i take my hat off to you matey, but my reasoning is most of the guys on here cannot wield a spanner like yourself, hence building a good single setup for under 5k is not possible, unless like yourself you have the know how and can pick up a bargain and know what to look for;)

hence building a good single setup for under 5k is not possible, unless like yourself you have the know how and can pick up a bargain and know what to look for;)

Agree been there and have had three blown engines to prove it. If I had outlayed and had mine done properly in the first place I would have saved a lot of notes and frustration

and i take my hat off to you matey, but my reasoning is most of the guys on here cannot wield a spanner like yourself, hence building a good single setup for under 5k is not possible, unless like yourself you have the know how and can pick up a bargain and know what to look for;)

yes valid point as i have worked in engineering all my life, apologies to IMI as this has got a bit off piste

doh sorry imi, is it possible a mod could put these post into a new thread as it has a lot of valid info and would be good to see how many people have done it on there own with sucess:D and would benefit any newbies thinking about budget singles

However I do not think this is so relevant to Imi's thread since knowing him he'll want a plug and play install & mapping that will not be DIY.

Thx Darryl.....I am deliberately keeping out of the cost conversations until all the work on my car is complete.

All the work on my car will be done by Pheonix and the mapping done by Ryan.

I would appreciate if people keep on topic as I havent even started the build and the thread is coming upto 4 pages :D

Its an interesting debate so maybe lets start a new thread up

Many thx Ryan.

Thx Darryl.....I am deliberately keeping out of the cost conversations until all the work on my car is complete.

All the work on my car will be done by Pheonix and the mapping done by Ryan.

I would appreciate if people keep on topic as I havent even started the build and the thread is coming upto 4 pages :D

Many thx Ryan.

Has Mark agreed to build you car imi ?

• 2 weeks later...