imi

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No offence taking mate :)

You need to get yours on a Different dyno though Paul to compare to Wes's plot as if Rob wilds cars was quicker than yours at 0.9bar then Wes's will make yours look like its standing still chap

I hear on the grape vine though that you are getting rid of the signal fudger for a standalone ;)

Ryan

ah that explains alot Ryan, thanks for that i'll sleep tonight :D, who mentioned Robs car was quicker than mine at 0.9 bar, as we share the same turbo and my hi-boost setting is 1.4 bar i'll let you make your own conclusions :D, i went out in Robs to check out the low down pull with the bigger cams before i bought said, give me low down grunt over massive top end power any day of the week. As for the SAFC its served me well but i am re-building a motor (CP pistons, H beam rods etc) and plan on running a bit more boost :innocent: so am going to use an advanced fudger in the way of an ultimate

When the wastegate opens, you basically have 3L engine with an 8" long exhaust pipe (the screamer pipe), it is VERY loud!

You gota admit though it does sound pretty awesome :sly:

T-04Z the way to go if you ask me, plus with the anti-surge housing the thing screams when spools up and its just awesome!:D

Question about these single kits on offer from BL or from PHR?

Does they come with a FULL hardpipe kit to replace all the silicone / rubber intercooler pipes (all the way round) ?

No only the IC pipe between the turbo and IC.

I'm going down this route sooner or later and am considering all the same questions that have been asked thus far. Great thread. I know there have been many of them. I've ridden in Pig's T61 on a built motor and George's PHR Stage 1 Kermit rocket and was very impressed with both pushing over the 500 mark. I need to find someone at Dragonball or Le Mans (if I make it) who has a T67DBB and catch a ride for comparison's sake.

My car has to be ready for Le Mans.

I am looking at the

1) BL T61 Kit 0.68 AR

2) BL T61 DBB 0.68 AR

OR maybe the PHR (although finding these guys too slow to deal with).

Now I have just been informed that I need a hardpipe kit to go with everything :(

Guest Terry S

Now I have just been informed that I need a hardpipe kit to go with everything :(

By who? The BL kit will mate up to your FMIC pipe where it comes through the inner wing. Unless its a GReddy FMIC kit it will need some messing about, but nothing difficult.

By who? The BL kit will mate up to your FMIC pipe where it comes through the inner wing. Unless its a GReddy FMIC kit it will need some messing about, but nothing difficult.

AFAIK Imi is wanting the kit to fit to a SMIC, his question is about the pipes after the IC.

Imi all the kits on the market will only supply the IC pipe between the turbo and the IC, if you want the pipes after the IC you will need to buy these separately.

Guest Terry S
AFAIK Imi is wanting the kit to fit to a SMIC, his question is about the pipes after the IC.

Imi all the kits on the market will only supply the IC pipe between the turbo and the IC, if you want the pipes after the IC you will need to buy these separately.

I see, I would think it would be easy enough to use the stock pipe through the wing if necessary.

I know with the PHR kits, they don't supply a pipe that will fit straight from the turbo to a SMIC. Their turbos come clocked to point down and include piping that fits from there towards a FMIC.

I don't know about the BL kits but I would imagine they're the same, so if you're sticking with a SMIC then whoever installs it is going to have to do some fiddling.

Guest Terry S
I know with the PHR kits, they don't supply a pipe that will fit straight from the turbo to a SMIC. Their turbos come clocked to point down and include piping that fits from there towards a FMIC.

I don't know about the BL kits but I would imagine they're the same, so if you're sticking with a SMIC then whoever installs it is going to have to do some fiddling.

BL supply their kit with the pipe from the turbo to the inner wing, with a elbow welded to the compressor housing.

The PHR IC pipe is designed to fit a LHD US spec Supra, they foul on a RHD J-spec Supra steering rack, so would need cutting and welding to fit.

attachment.php?attachmentid=72358&d=1205614565

DSC00085.JPG

Edited by Littler (see edit history)

BL supply their kit with the pipe from the turbo to the inner wing, with a elbow welded to the compressor housing.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a391/VVTiSupra/bay2.jpg

I just happen to have a housing with that welded on as well. I would also recommend a t67dbb bl turbo. First of all though I would recommend you replace the cams for the HKS 264 ones and see what you think then. Maxed out stock tubbies are almost as much fun as a T61