The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Blackwidow Supra

imi

Guest Terry S
Bearing that in mind, should I go for the HKS Hardpipe kit or would it be easy enough to fabricate the required piping when installing the turbo?

Really depends how much mate, nice, but not strictly essential.

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Decided to go for a T61 DBB 0.68AR.

Now need to make a decision on the HKS Hardpipe kit - will speak to Mark tomorrow.

Terry - will let you know about the blanket and the pads too...

well done with the DBB mate, i know peeps reckon the DBB on a

T61 is not strictly necesary but i haven't heard of anyone who actually has one give any definative feedback, my journal bearing T61 spools faster than a fast thing going fast so yours should be awesome, it seems to have come full circle with peeps realising the quick spool streetable size turbo is miles more fun than the 700 hp lag monster, so good luck with it and keep us informed, with regard to the hard piping i bought all mine as bends and straights (2.5")off fleebay delivered within a week from the US and cost about £70 (excluding welding as a mate of a mate did it)

with regard to the hard piping i bought all mine as bends and straights (2.5")off fleebay delivered within a week from the US and cost about £70 (excluding welding as a mate of a mate did it)

Paul, would apprecaite it if you could PM me the details of your ebay seller. what grade was the piping or since it is for air only, it doesnt matter really.

Regards

imi

just out of interest how much does a kit cost to convert to single ? and on average how much does it cost to fit?

Depends if you want it done properly and reliably, or if you want to do it on a budget - it's one or the other IMO.

about 10 to 15k to do it properly mate;)

And there's the voice of experience ;)

Get yourself a ride in one though, they really are cool :cool:

Depends if you want it done properly and reliably, or if you want to do it on a budget - it's one or the other IMO.

And there's the voice of experience ;)

Get yourself a ride in one though, they really are cool :cool:

i'd only do it if you have it done properly. If it's on a budget, you'll end up redoing things eventually :)

i'd only do it if you have it done properly. If it's on a budget, you'll end up redoing things eventually :)

having it done not on a budget can sometimes go wrong too, it does not matter how much money you throw at it if there fitting it wrong too, ;)

Homer put together a great list of single costs, but 'fag packet' calculations :

Turbo kit £3k

FMIC £1k

Fueling £1k

Engine Management £1k

£6k on parts before you start. Then there's fitting, mapping, other parts, brake and suspension upgrades that should go hand in hand with a single conversion. It all adds up. But that does get you something awesome, just ask all the happy single owners on here - me included :)

just out of interest how much does a kit cost to convert to single ? and on average how much does it cost to fit?

dont be put off by the "gold plated" turbo brigade mate 15k to go single :rlol:, check out my garage, apparently mine must be a "not done properly one ;)", however despite the doom mongers it makes 510 hp and in nearly 3 years has never let me down once (i cant blame the turbo install for a corroded brake line) it can be done for well under 5k if you shop about and wait for the right bits to come up

You can easily do it for under £5k on the initial build....but over the course of working out the bugs and so forth you will be upwards of £10k very quickly.

I know I have dumped about £7k in mine in just about 3 months and my car was already singled turbo :(

But it sure is a fun ride now!!! hehe.

dont be put off by the "gold plated" turbo brigade mate 15k to go single :rlol:, check out my garage, apparently mine must be a "not done properly one ;)", however despite the doom mongers it makes 510 hp and in nearly 3 years has never let me down once (i cant blame the turbo install for a corroded brake line) it can be done for well under 5k if you shop about and wait for the right bits to come up

510 on thors dyno pack, you done all the work yourself, are the parts new/ secondhand, not knocking yours at all, but 510hp on 550 injectors, fair play, and under 5k

Turbo kit £3k

FMIC £1k

Fueling £1k

Engine Management £1k

Drivetrain: uprated clutch or uprated automatic box

Gauges to watch your investment :p

Then the big one, you or a shop doing the work? if you pay a shop it adds up in a hurry.

it just easily adds up is all most are saying in here i think. I know in the USA alot of times folks try and go the cheap route and make their own kits and in the end it only causes more headache.

Or manage to buy brand new Eagle rods for a song :D

I posted them on Friday so you should have them tomorrow mate ;)

£5k to go single properly :rlol:

i am not talking about some T78-88 lag monster that yes would cost mega bucks to build, i am talking about a daily driver at the 500 hp mark, would you like to see my reciepts, would you like a go in my car, 15 k to go single is ridiculous at the power levels we are talking, unless your a complete fool and you use some of the traders on this board with their MAHOOSIVE prices, i'll repeat myself have a look in my garage, have at look at my car then tell me i'm a bullsh**er or a liar