The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Project Revival

Matt H

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest CoolsBlue

looking bloody good so far, also i see the new rear quatre was of a prefacelift and has no repeater hole, filling them over of putting them in mate? put em in:D

looking bloody good so far, also i see the new rear quatre was of a prefacelift and has no repeater hole, filling them over of putting them in mate? put em in:D

nooooooooooooo go minimalist de-badge, de-aerial, de-wiper, de-washwipe, de-brake light, de-window (eh maybe not on the last one) :eyebrows:

front 049.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I've just spent the day with Matt stripping all the remaining parts off his old shell. We couldn't of asked for better weather and we managed to get it down to a bare shell in not much time! :D Here are a few pics & I’m sure Matt will be putting the parts up for sale soon;

Cant believe you stuck that first pic up! lol.

Cheers for your help today bud, your a legend. was a good laugh, really enjoyed seeing how the car went together, i think i learnt quite a bit (like dont lend Rob my tools if i ever want to see them again :D ) lol, only messing

Hope those parts come in handy to you, well worth the labour :D

Dam i would be chuffed if you were my neighbour. Nice to see it coming together.

Its all nice and tidy out there now though :D the shell was dropped off tuesday, did te strip today and should have it picked up by wednesday.

I was just thinking that :D

BTW, you've left the boot rubbers on :blink:

yeah but those rubbers needed replacing anyway, so didnt bother taking them off

Looking good mate, you weighing the old shell in then?

yeah will be doing, a scrap metal workers dream there, everything done for them!

Feck, that shell was properly mangled :blink:

Whats next for it? Was it a Cat A/B and if so who's got the salvage license?

to be fair, everything cosmetic from the windscreen to the back didnt happen in the crash :rolleyes: that annoyed me a bit

Anyways, its off to be whatever mr scrap metal wants to do with it. Cat C but no one is going to want to repair it

i think i learnt quite a bit (like dont lend Rob my tools if i ever want to see them again :D ) lol, only messing

Are you on about me strategically leaving tools around your garden?.. I knew where they all were! sort of ;) :D

Come to think of it, i checked my pockets when i got home and they were full of screws and bolts :blink: I'll save them for you! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Update,

Five hour round trip to Knight Racer and back yesterday to drop of the new wheels and over fenders.

Good progress with the prep work, having a good natter with the body shop guys really put me at ease with knowing she is in good hands. Saw a dew other supras there. One was having a TRD wide arch kit fitted..... But just the front!! :blink: very odd, made the front look wider than the rear! will reserve judgement on that till its finished tho.

Gutted to hear that my new front wheels wont clear the AP calipers by 6mm :cry:, gutted, going to have to use some form of spacing now :( oh well

Progress then:

When my tyres arrived. :blink: hauwge! made the wheels look even bigger when they were fitted:

A bit of smoothing work on the shells bonnet:

Bit more work on the door and rear quater, Blitz skirts in place:

Old and New :D

Roof needed a bit of smoothing too

Quite a bit of prep work on the repaired rear quater to make it silky smooth