The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Project Revival

Matt H

How does the registering work? i thought you would just keep your old reg?

Not 100% sure on the exact process yet, but it would get a new Reg and log book. Thats if i wasnt going to register it on my private plate (been meaning to do that for ages with my last one!)

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a quick photo of the progress...

been modifying the overfenders so they fit flush against the Trial Rear, Blitz sides and the panels.

Still waiting on your reply Matt about whether to use hubcentric spacers with Toyota studs or extended wheel studs with spacers. Its a struggle to even roll her at the moment, none of the correct studs were present and not even the new rims fit on the fronts :(

Here's a quick photo of the progress...

been modifying the overfenders so they fit flush against the Trial Rear, Blitz sides and the panels.

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o180/knight_racer/Customers_Supra/MattH_project2_004.jpg

:drool: - looking good!

Still waiting on your reply Matt about whether to use hubcentric spacers with Toyota studs or extended wheel studs with spacers. Its a struggle to even roll her at the moment, none of the correct studs were present and not even the new rims fit on the fronts :(

I agreed with Joe to go ahead with 10mm hubcentrics last week. We left it with my trying to source some, i've been in contact with Envy who can only get hold of 15mm at the moment but Gaz is (hopefully) trying to source some 10mm from another company they dont have an account with.

Tried to call you last night to discuss, see if you have found anything at your end, but couldnt get through.

But to answer your question, yes definatly go for the 10mm hubcentrics with toyo studs. ;)

Please tell me thats not the new wheels on it in that pic :cry:

Hopefully KR have jsut put them on for a test fit and for the photo purposes only, they are supposed to be safely locked away, with my old wheels on at all other times while work is being taken place on the body............................... please tell me this is the case guys

Hopefully KR have jsut put them on for a test fit and for the photo purposes only, they are supposed to be safely locked away, with my old wheels on at all other times while work is being taken place on the body............................... please tell me this is the case guys

they are covered in dust on the tyres and isnt that dust in the wheel rim, or maybe its me?

Lets hope so. Although the dust on the top rear wouldn't suggest it was the case. But then i'm sure that would be just of the floor when they put them on

The rear wheels were fitted the first time to see how much of the standard metal arch had to be trimmed. Then again to check the overfender clears the tyres nicely, which was the point of that photo, so Matt could see for himself. As with the dust, it will jsut blow off. It got there because I used an airline to blow the dust off the car, and some got blown into the rim as well.

The rear wheels were fitted the first time to see how much of the standard metal arch had to be trimmed. Then again to check the overfender clears the tyres nicely, which was the point of that photo, so Matt could see for himself. As with the dust, it will jsut blow off. It got there because I used an airline to blow the dust off the car, and some got blown into the rim as well.

;)