Jakes Sz supra build- The details count

ripped_fear

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So got back from work and got to compounding and polishing the wheels. Also removed a couple of imperfections.

Also cleaned the center of the center cap I dipped and I'm happy with the look so have dipped the other three.

Also couldnt help but lay my nuts and stickers in to see how they will look :cool: very happy.

Cant wait to torque them up and get it in the shop for balancing, just got to give the lips one more polish up and thats happening. Hoping to have them back on the car Tuesday.

attachment.php?attachmentid=192677&stc=1&d=1413047397

attachment.php?attachmentid=192678&stc=1&d=1413047397

attachment.php?attachmentid=192679&stc=1&d=1413047397

TAADAAAH!

attachment.php?attachmentid=192680&stc=1&d=1413047397

DSCF7743.jpg

DSCF7745.jpg

DSCF7748.jpg

DSCF7751.jpg

Thanks guys I'm really happy with them cant wait to get them back on. Especially as 99% of people told me not to bother as they where chromed.

Yeah they were just done with rattle cans, I would have got my dad to spray them properly but the issue was I needed them back quick for the NEC, so for now these will do. I will probably do them again next year properly unless I find a set of meisters in the mean time.

Another busy day, been in the garage since 12. Just got out. But the wheels are ready to be pumped up and balanced, then they can finally go back where they belong. on the car!

Was an arse of a job broke my wrench and adapter socket so went to halford and bought one on offer, broke it on the first bolt. (serves me right for buying cheap junk) So thought to hell with it and got the halford professional set, life time warranty and was half price so thought why not.

If it wasn't for it being me and my partners two year anniversary tomorrow they would be done tomorrow. :rolleyes: ;) Shouldn't be long.

attachment.php?attachmentid=192846&stc=1&d=1413313628

attachment.php?attachmentid=192847&stc=1&d=1413313628

attachment.php?attachmentid=192848&stc=1&d=1413313628

attachment.php?attachmentid=192849&stc=1&d=1413313628

attachment.php?attachmentid=192850&stc=1&d=1413313628

DSCF7752.jpg

DSCF7754.jpg

DSCF7757.jpg

DSCF7761.jpg

DSCF7762.jpg

Today was the day... Wheels are back on and gave the car a wipe over. Dont worry they got some tyre shine.

attachment.php?attachmentid=193066&stc=1&d=1413804909

attachment.php?attachmentid=193067&stc=1&d=1413804909

attachment.php?attachmentid=193068&stc=1&d=1413804909

attachment.php?attachmentid=193069&stc=1&d=1413804909

attachment.php?attachmentid=193070&stc=1&d=1413804909

attachment.php?attachmentid=193071&stc=1&d=1413804934

attachment.php?attachmentid=193072&stc=1&d=1413804934

More work to carry on at the weekend. Got to sort this lip out, going to try strip the top layer of clear off and buff it back to a shine.

List update

Parts to fit/Jobs

- Fit Smoothed and painted throttle body

- Fit Smoothed and painted Y-pipe

- Fit Smoothed and Plenum

- Fit inlet gaskets

- Fit OEM Candy Red painted Pulleys

- Fit 199 painted rocker covers

- Fit Rocker gaskets

- Fit 199 Engine bay boxes

- Fit Chrome Ht lead holders

- Fit New 3rd brake light

- Paint injector rail

- Get arches rolled

- Refurb Rad clamps

- Re-sticker and paint Brake Callipers

- Fit new OEM hand Brake

- Refurb or possibly plasti dip ridox lip as a temp fix

- Refurb wheels!

- Sort fitting issue with front lip

- Fit 2nd Decat

- Fix flickering LED issues

- Fit the facelift tail lights and splice the loom for fog

Parts to buy

- 3 NA intake gaskets

- Facelift Tail light

- Zun Sport mesh

Additional If time

- Mod boot hatch

- Fit Trd spoiler

- Source a new exhaust

- Source a is250 steering wheel

- Source a new set of Dials

DSCF7800.jpg

DSCF7802.jpg

DSCF7803.jpg

DSCF7805.jpg

DSCF7806.jpg

DSCF7809.jpg

DSCF7810.jpg

Productive day, sorted my balls up on the wheels, all back to how they should be. Did break 3 wheel nuts though so they are to be ordered. Have contacted Ibrar.

Also managed to do another job, i ditched the door guards that has been on my doors since I bought the car, always been nervous to remove it in case it was hiding a nasty, all good though, couple of small marks but over all looks much better, as the trim had been splitting for some time. have got some replacemnt trim to colour match but may just leave it off, looks much cleaner.

attachment.php?attachmentid=193268&stc=1&d=1414261228

attachment.php?attachmentid=193269&stc=1&d=1414261228

attachment.php?attachmentid=193270&stc=1&d=1414261228

attachment.php?attachmentid=193271&stc=1&d=1414261228

attachment.php?attachmentid=193272&stc=1&d=1414261228

DSCF7811.jpg

DSCF7812.jpg

DSCF7814.jpg

DSCF7817.jpg

DSCF7819.jpg

Wheels are looking very good, but seeing all your hard work has put me off refurbing my wheels myself :D

I know what you mean by wanting the door guards off, looks so much better with them off. When I bought my Supra from JM Imports I noticed from the photos before it even got into the country that it had white door guards fitted. There's no way I wanted to remove them and damage the paint work on my new Supra :D So I had Jurgen remove them when the car landed before I picked the car up. Amazing job done, you'd never know they had been there. So if you need to, get a garage to touch it back up if you want it 100% like new :)

hah not surprised don't regret doing it though.

Good shout getting your off especially if they where white! The car will be getting paint next year so the imperfection wont be there for long.

Got a new caliper ordered for the rear today, and its booked in to Regal for Friday lunchtime so that will be all new brakes in my ownership now. :)

Guest AshtonC

Why did you change the front lip? What was the difference? I think you need a new exhaust system with a bigger muffler so the rear defuser doesn't look so strange "full 3" in preparation for TT conversion" :eyebrows:

The front lip was changed from the fibreglass version as I lowered the car. Even on OEM suspension I cracked the thing about 5 times. The polyurethane one I have now will not crack on speed bumps.

Yeah I would like another exhaust for looks but my current one sounds great IMO.

Currently sat at regal having my brake done. Nearly there on jobs now.

Like the sound of the exhaust Jake (if it's the one you had on IOW). Got to put one on mine, as a matter of interest how is yours set out? I'm going from 1st cat back, I want it load (ish) but don't want it to drone next year when going through France.

Like the sound of the exhaust Jake (if it's the one you had on IOW). Got to put one on mine, as a matter of interest how is yours set out? I'm going from 1st cat back, I want it load (ish) but don't want it to drone next year when going through France.

Thanks mate, it is indeed the same one I had on the IOW, it was custom made by a company in devon, its the only mod left on the car I havent changed I think. lol.

It is just a cat-back, both cats are still in place, which is obviously very handy for MOT's, I do have a decat for the 2nd one but i have never got round to fitting it. If your looking to de-cat yours choose the exhaust wisely, mine drones a tiny bit not bad considering, some supras i have been out in sound incredible but can only imagine how painful they would be on a motorway run.

Like i say i am thinking of changing mine if i can find something that sparks my interest, so mine may be available sometime in the next few months. The only reason i would change mine would be for the look, and maybe to bring the sound a little deeper.