Jakes Sz supra build- The details count

ripped_fear

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Got another Lip done, this one was particularly pitted but it still came up nice. If I wasn't doing these by hand I would love to see the finish that could be achieved. Just one more lip to do.

Also got some high build primer on the spokes, more flatting back now, got some areas I have missed when rubbing down. Wasn't expecting it to be yellow either!

attachment.php?attachmentid=191561&stc=1&d=1411137915

attachment.php?attachmentid=191562&stc=1&d=1411137915

attachment.php?attachmentid=191563&stc=1&d=1411137915

attachment.php?attachmentid=191564&stc=1&d=1411137915

attachment.php?attachmentid=191565&stc=1&d=1411137915

DSCF7644.jpg

DSCF7646.jpg

DSCF7647.jpg

DSCF7651.jpg

DSCF7652.jpg

How it stands atm.

I have re-rubbed down the one set of spokes I had done already, this has been 2 pack primed twice, and two layers of high build applied. This will be given a wet sand before paint with maybe one more layer of primer. If you look at the picture you can see a couple of areas that need attention but by hand I don't think im going to get much better.

Have started stripping another one, after 4 hours ish this is how it lies now.

And the other two centres are untouched apart from picking off the flakey bits of chrome

attachment.php?attachmentid=191715&stc=1&d=1411484531

attachment.php?attachmentid=191716&stc=1&d=1411484531

attachment.php?attachmentid=191717&stc=1&d=1411484531

DSCF7655.jpg

DSCF7658.jpg

DSCF7659.jpg

Fair play, good work Jake. These will look really good when they are done, I know what a perfectionist you are. Get some good locking wheel nuts though.

Thanks mate. Yeah. I will be don't worry.

The weather has put a spanner in the works for todays jobs, howevere its starting to clear up. hopefully I will get an afternoon on the wheels at least.

Little window in the weather.

The second wheel now in its first stage of primmer. Had to coats of two pack, and a dusting of high build just to show the imperfection, acting as a guide coat. Ready for part two of its rubbing down.

Also started getting more of the chrome of the 3rd wheel. Painfull to think I'm not even half way in the work

attachment.php?attachmentid=191755&stc=1&d=1411565026

attachment.php?attachmentid=191756&stc=1&d=1411565026

DSCF7660.jpg

DSCF7661.jpg

So since updating this thread the other day I haven't done any work on the wheels, have got Monday off so hoping to finish the second set of spokes, along with the third, then it will just be the one left.

On the edge about the colours still, im unsure what to do the rear of the barrels. Was dead set on red but struggling to find the right colour. Also unsure on what silver, know im going lighter than 199, or at least the same shade. leaning towards an Audi colour I have seen.

Also I have a few purchases too, one for something completely custom, something im 100% sure has never been done, so looking forward to that part arriving, this will be a project for thee winter, and also another thing which I had no intension of buying and has dented the turbo fund. But will be well worth it.

Keep watching, some cool updates over the next couple of days....

Edited by ripped_fear (see edit history)

So the cool thing i bought the other night was the Do-luck Full rear tensioner set made in Ali, very rare piece of kit. So hoped in the car last night and went and picked it up :) Really looking forward to fitting it however i need to show some restraint and carry on with the wheels.

So for now it will join the shed with a pile of other bits, like subs, amps, TRD spoiler, Chromed parts, seats, custom sub box to name a few :D

attachment.php?attachmentid=191895&stc=1&d=1411981146

attachment.php?attachmentid=191897&stc=1&d=1411981146

attachment.php?attachmentid=191896&stc=1&d=1411981146

DSCF7662.jpg

DSCF7663.jpg

DSCF7664.jpg

Edited by ripped_fear (see edit history)