Jakes Sz supra build- The details count

ripped_fear

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Its getting the neat line as there is no edge to mask too, this would have meant I had to paint it all silver or have a random edge. Know where your coming from though. Personaly I think the black helps tie things together. But each to their own :thumbs:

Lol One day mate one day. Its either turbo of v160, which ever I can sort first. Am in talks about a gearbox, but need to source a prop, dif, drive shafts, a line, and a gearbox mount first before I commit to the sale.

I here ya, i love the auto but want a manual, I just like changing gears in a performance car :)

Well its all fitted. As good as its going to get anyway. Not sure i will actually fit them or not.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=195985&stc=1&d=1421165962

Seems to me like the issue with the covers is that the stitched area now sits proud of the rest of the surface. Might be worth getting a thin strip of foam sheeting to go underneath. That would raise the main sections and reduce the height of the raised stitched areas. Would also give the material an OEM type feel.

Something like this:

http://www.foaminspain.com/products-page/speciality-foams/thin-foam-sheeting/

So first shows booked for this year

March, Fast Show

May, DB15 (THATS RIGHT!!!)

July Japshow

September JAE

So want the car perfect for Dragon Ball so the list is about to re-appear. Lots of jobs to do.

Im going to be at fastshow but not taking the car, who are you going to Japfest with this year? Has the club got a stand do you know?

Seems to me like the issue with the covers is that the stitched area now sits proud of the rest of the surface. Might be worth getting a thin strip of foam sheeting to go underneath. That would raise the main sections and reduce the height of the raised stitched areas. Would also give the material an OEM type feel.

Something like this:

http://www.foaminspain.com/products-page/speciality-foams/thin-foam-sheeting/

You are right but the opposite way round, the OEM mould had a large dip in it to take the OEM stitching. They are on now, I will decide on weather I fit to the car once fitting it all.

Im going to be at fastshow but not taking the car, who are you going to Japfest with this year? Has the club got a stand do you know?

With a midlands car club lol. Bit random I know but they were looking for cars and I offered mine. What car you going up in?

Some pictures to come, just had a few sent though the pulleys are now painted a unusual red colour to darken them right down to make the blend in with the bay. Also the suspension turret tops are done so can get rid of the brace at some point.

Just need to go to the IOW and pick them up and at the same point drop my side skirts of for repair.

You are right but the opposite way round, the OEM mould had a large dip in it to take the OEM stitching. They are on now, I will decide on weather I fit to the car once fitting it all.

With a midlands car club lol. Bit random I know but they were looking for cars and I offered mine. What car you going up in?

Im going to fastshow in my friends golf. I may be going to japfest with the IOW lot but was hoping the club would have a stand.

To be honest the Midlands Japanese Cars stand has got five members of this forum on it, which is a larger turnout than I've seen for some of the mkivsupra.net stands at shows in the past!

To be honest the Midlands Japanese Cars stand has got five members of this forum on it, which is a larger turnout than I've seen for some of the mkivsupra.net stands at shows in the past!

Lol bit of a joint venture then! :D Should be good fun.

-----

Got my pictures though from my dad/ paint shop.

Hard to make out the colour

attachment.php?attachmentid=196305&stc=1&d=1421669989

attachment.php?attachmentid=196304&stc=1&d=1421669989

20150118_110255.jpg

20150118_110424.jpg

Well im playing around with a few Audio ideas today, starting a new Sub box due to a change of heart. Mainly as this will be alot easier to make. But may go ahead with my old idea at a later date.

However just broke one of my keys in the boot lock! :rolleyes: so going to order a new key now. Good job I have a spare, going to be a PITA to get the old bit out the boot lock though.