Dragonball 2016 - Luxembourg Break for the Border 12th to 15th May 2016

Branners

• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Saturday is a rest day, so anyone can do anything. Use the hotel pool and facilities, go into the city for sightseeing, or the option on the Dragonball itinerary to drive over to the ring. The ring is closed that day, so it's just to look around and drive the roads that lead to the ring. Also the time on the itinerary is just a guide, as some of us maybe a little hungover still by then :/

Is pig going??? Thats the only reason anyone would still have a hangover

No he's not :( But you obviously haven't been out drinking with me lol I'm not expecting Branners to be up before 12pm after the night out we are having, after all it's his rest day too and he shouldn't have to look after you lot :p

No he's not :( But you obviously haven't been out drinking with me lol I'm not expecting Branners to be up before 12pm after the night out we are having, after all it's his rest day too and he shouldn't have to look after you lot :p

Im not going, yet ....

How many are heading over to the ring? Any recommendations for single day insurance for this and how much to expect it to cost

Me and my brother will drive down, but youcant get insurance unless its a trackday and its NOT for that hour.

we wont go round as we have a trackday booked there is September then down to spa for another trackday.

If any of you chaps see a totally and utterly rust free and mint 2 door Volvo 240, or a mint 740 or 940 (got to be LHD) for sale on your travels I want to buy one :) TOTALLY rust free underneath and everywhere else is the set in stone criteria, the interior can look like a family of hyenas has been living in it.... Have fun over there.

If any of you chaps see a totally and utterly rust free and mint 2 door Volvo 240, or a mint 740 or 940 (got to be LHD) for sale on your travels I want to buy one :) TOTALLY rust free underneath and everywhere else is the set in stone criteria, the interior can look like a family of hyenas has been living in it.... Have fun over there.

Finders fee maybe?

In case anyone had missed the itinerary in the route thread:

Draft Timings (Subject to change)

Thursday 12th May

6.10am Leave Premier Inn in Ashford

6.40am Arrive at Eurotunnel and check in

7.20am Board train

Clocks go forwards 1 hour

8.50am Arrive at Calais and drive to Total petrol station

10.00am Leave for lunch stop in Mons, Belgium

Noon Arrive at Mons for lunch

2.30pm Leave lunch stop

5.00pm Arrive at hotel

Friday 13th May

9.30am Meet in hotel car park

10.00am Leave for BBQ at Toyota garage

11.45am Arrive at BBQ at Toyota garage

1.00pm Leave BBQ and drive to afternoon tea stop

2.45pm Arrive at afternoon tea stop

3.30pm Leave afternoon tea stop to go to winery (Optional)

3.45pm Arrive at winery (Optional)

4.30pm Leave winery (Optional)

5.00pm Arrive at hotel

Saturday 14th May – Rest Day OR Drive to the Nurburgring

10.00am Leave for Nurburgring

11.30am Arrive at Nurburgring

3.30pm Leave Nurburgring

5.00pm Arrive at hotel

Sunday 15th May

10.00am Leave for Tournai, Belgium

1.00pm Arrive at Tournai, Belgium

2.15pm Leave for Calais

3.45pm Check in at Calais

4.30pm Board train

Clocks go back 1 hour

4.00pm Train arrives back in the UK

Meet up at the services just outside the terminal for goodbyes!

As you can see on Friday after the afternoon tea stop, there's an optional winery tour that I and Luc have arranged, anyone is welcome to join us, but if it's not your thing then you just skip to route 6 and I've done you a nice driving route back to hotel :)

Also Saturday is a rest day, you can do whatever you want, nothing has been organised for you, as it'll also be nice to give Branners the day off and let him do whatever he want's (Probably in an all day lappy bar with me :D). So you'll have to fend for yourselves Saturday, you're all big boys and girls so I'm sure you'll cope :) I've only put a route in for the ring just keep continuity with the route list. It's just a direct route to the ring.