Top Posters In This Topic

1. downimpact

2. Havard

3. Supradibbs

4. Pete

5. Vaderman

6. Dave F

7. Jamesy

Maybe we could circulate this around other forums as previously mentioned - i have some mates on mondeo, scooby, RS owners and a football one!!

yes ask everyone you can i maybe in my pug306 so dont have to be flash jap motors but if someone can circulate it round the forums

also we need a spokes person from this forum to maybe start up a list of names to hand to no10 before we go ahead with action

what you guys think

yes ask everyone you can i maybe in my pug306 so dont have to be flash jap motors but if someone can circulate it round the forums

Ok will circulate - can someone just type a quick intro as to what we're doing so i can copy and paste to my other forums please...and maybe a suggested date? or just tbc date. :)

Not being funny but this kind of protest would spread like wild fire if enough people can tell other forums that they know of - we could actually make this quite a large scale if everyone is prepared to put a bit of leg-work into informing others...not hard to send a mate a text or copy this info onto another board eh!! ;)

I'll come in my gs300 lexus, nice family car and think anyone else with a sencible 2ndcar should use that making it look more like a good cross section of the public and not a bunch of petrol heads.

On saying that,,,, rows of supras, skylines, scoobies etc crawling down or up the M1 would be a sight to see.

I'll come in my gs300 lexus, nice family car and think anyone else with a sencible 2ndcar should use that making it look more like a good cross section of the public and not a bunch of petrol heads.

On saying that,,,, rows of supras, skylines, scoobies etc crawling down or up the M1 would be a sight to see.

coukld not agree more

just a thought but you guys sound serious about this, i would say im in 2 but im taking my car of road for winter as tax runs out this month however if all is to be planed with a later date im in and happy to travel down, might i suggest some one knocks up a quick cheap web site, stating the tactics with a time and date, with a petition/discution forum to sign up for the event, then post it on as many forums as possible also report it to a few news papers for media coverage, get it on piston heads, top gear, bbc forum maybe downing street petition?

no need just bring the M25 M1 etc too a stand still just crawl at 5 mile an hour

Would anyone notice any difference to a normal day with this idea. We will all have to face it as car owners we are all hated by this government. They want us all to walk, cycle and rely on public transport no matter how inconvenient it would be. Everything this Government does is to control our lifes they seem to think TAX is a way to do this. At the moment you are all worrying about your fuel costs but think about the effects of higher fuel in relation to everything else we all buy and use. Lorries with increased fuel costs will cost more to transport goods in turn we will have to pay more for those goods. The bus companys will before long put up there prices to cover the extra fuel costs and in turn we will pay more if we have to use them. This is the most heavily taxed country in the world thanks to Blair, Brown and all the other fat cats sitting in Westminster. We dont need fuel protests we need a revolution.

Sorry if i get a bit carried away with it but god they make me mad with their mismanagement of my money.

i think if we organise it and then inform the police that we will be doing a protest prior to the event, then they cant arrest you, police may be on hand also to make sure there are no incidents, Protests are legal iin the UK and as long as we dont break the law they can not arrest us

Using a car to do a go slow or drive somewhere to protest is a bit pointless, all you are showing is you have the money to waste a load of petrol on a trip that is not really going to get you anywhere!

We would be better causing a nucence in another way, ie keeping petrol receipts with rediculous costs on and posting them addressed to the PM. Thousands of receipts for over priced fuel should get some attention.

Do you really think Gordon Brown or anyone in the Government cares one bit about a single one of us. Direct action that effects the country is the only way to force him to act.

i think if we organise it and then inform the police that we will be doing a protest prior to the event, then they cant arrest you, police may be on hand also to make sure there are no incidents, Protests are legal iin the UK and as long as we dont break the law they can not arrest us

Protests in front of Westminster are illegal. Labour seen to that when they relised they had fucked up this country a few years back and thought people might say something about it.

1. downimpact

2. Havard

3. Supradibbs

4. Pete

5. Vaderman

6. Dave F

7. Jamesy

8. Twin Turbo Jim

9. Red Supra Girl

Maybe we could circulate this around other forums as previously mentioned - i have some mates on mondeo, scooby, RS owners and a football one!!

I and the mrs is deffinatly up for this, anything to remind Brown its us the people he serves.