The mkiv Supra Owners Club

£1.13 this is taking the pee now

NeoFuture

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Totally interested in doing something about this and will give it some thought.

The price of petrol got to me yesterday too, and usually I'm pretty blase about it given what I drive. But it's now ridiculous given how much of the fuel price is tax, especially as the government are providing no viable alternative to travel.

time we took a leaf outta the French book

I stopped washing a couple of days ago!! Let's go and set fire to something!!:eyebrows:

I think this needs to be properly planned and people who say they are going to take part and then don't should be hung up by their tessies!!:(

I am still not convinced that we'll be seen as a bunch of rich arseholes with gas guzzlers if we use the Supes!!

H.

I think some kind of protest is a good idea.It needs to be thought through and I think we should get other clubs involved. Not chav clubs but maybe the Skyline or Scooby clubs, and that would make up for some pretty impressive numbers too!

yes agreed

I think we should tell the goverment what we have planned, i.e bring about change or we will bring the country to its knees once a week untill you do!!

I think some kind of protest is a good idea.It needs to be thought through and I think we should get other clubs involved. Not chav clubs but maybe the Skyline or Scooby clubs, and that would make up for some pretty impressive numbers too!

90% of scooby owners are chavs. so they can feck off.

tell the government that your going to petrol bomb no.10 that will get their attention. although they might put the price up even more then to put you off the idea:)

I totally agree that there should be something done about rising fuel prices, I don't think a Supra convoy would be the way to go.

The problem with a Supra convoy would be the ammunition it would give the government. Lets say we managed to get a lot of media attention showing us not being happy at the price increase and that it was affecting how much we could use/ enjoy our much beloved cars.

The government would instantly be able to say that it's aim in rising petrol prices is to get ''Gas guzzling'' cars off the road, and the fact that this particular group of owners are either having to or going to have to limit their mileage (which is the way the protest would be spun) is proof that their idea works, and I dare say they'd try their damndest to make us look like the bad guys and spin it that if there were less cars like ours on the roads, Petrol prices wouldn't need to go up.

I don't think that people would think of us as rich just because we drive supras, just enthusiasts.

I'm all for some sort of action, but protesting is now a form of terorism so it has to be done carefully. Getting other forums involved is a good idea, but why not try and get a few haulage companies to back up any convoys as they must be feelling the strain of fuel prices as well.

As a thought, if a different forum did a different motorway all at the same time, bring the whole country to a halt! And inform local and national press where and when.

But I wouldn't mind paying almost a £1 per litre if we had good roads, NHS, Schools etc to show for it!!!! We have some of the poorest maintained roads in Europe, and when was the last time you went into a hospital and saw clean wards and corridoors!

This country stinks!!!!!

Sorry had to be said, it's off my chest now!

Ian

It's a fooking joke! My company pays me 12p per mile for business mileage and it's getting to the stage where working is costing me money!!:(

H.

You get more than that for cycling ;-)

See Appendix 3

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/guidance/480.pdf

If it's your car, they can claim up to 40p per mile for the first 10,000 miles, and after that 25p per mile. If you cycle you can claim 20p per mile.

You get more than that for cycling ;-)

See Appendix 3

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/guidance/480.pdf

If it's your car, they can claim up to 40p per mile for the first 10,000 miles, and after that 25p per mile. If you cycle you can claim 20p per mile.

Not if the company own the bike you can't :D. Private lease and car allowance is the way forward, car is still yours so you can claim the difference from 15p to 40p from the govenment :cool:

I am still not convinced that we'll be seen as a bunch of rich arseholes with gas guzzlers if we use the Supes!!

As for how we're viewed - it's all down to how the Press Release is put together. If it's billed as an enthusiasts classic car available from £2000 that stops people thinking we're "rich".

Another slant on this is with have to use Premium fuel, so feel the pinch even worse than most other road users.

I'm toying with the idea of rebuilding something tax exempt and sticking a modern economical engine in it just for commuting. Depends at what cost though.

yes i'd be up for a slow crawl round the m25, we don't even need that many people to make it happen, though it would be more effective, but it would demonstate all you need is a few like minded individuals and you can cause serious disruption.

It's time the government woke up to the fact that they should be working with the people not against them. Increasing fuel prices just escalates all costs through haulage, look at food prices this year! This is bad for the economy and causes inflation. I have to travel 30 miles to work each day, there is no public transport, i can't move closer because house prices are too high.

I'll put my name down first then for a go slow crawl

1. downimpact

Fuel prices are past taking the piss now.

This Gov't is a joke. We all work too hard, long hours etc and most people just make ends meet. Fuel prices keep rising as Gov't know we can not stop them and they just make these stupid laws which don't even apply.

No f...king freedom of speech or any f.....king rights these days.

Also countries like America pay around a third of our fuel prices and drive vechiles with much larger engines......do they live on another planet and is the uk ONLY to blame for emissions etc, i don't think so yet we seem to be paying the price on everyones behalf.

I can not wait till the day i have enough in the kitty to leave this country for somewhere a bit more exotic and cheaper living cost's so i too can drive a 8.0 v12 etc while everyone in the UK keeps paying for huge taxes and driving sub 2.0 cars.

Fuel prices are past taking the piss now.

This Gov't is a joke. We all work too hard, long hours etc and most people just make ends meet. Fuel prices keep rising as Gov't know we can not stop them and they just make these stupid laws which don't even apply.

No f...king freedom of speech or any f.....king rights these days.

Also countries like America pay around a third of our fuel prices and drive vechiles with much larger engines......do they live on another planet and is the uk ONLY to blame for emissions etc, i don't think so yet we seem to be paying the price on everyones behalf.

I can not wait till the day i have enough in the kitty to leave this country for somewhere a bit more exotic and cheaper living cost's so i too can drive a 8.0 v12 etc while everyone in the UK keeps paying for huge taxes and driving sub 2.0 cars.

Are you coming then or are you just going to bend over and take it?? Get your name down!!;)

you can drive any speed you want on the motorway, there's no law about how long it takes to overtake another vehicle, just look at all the lorries doing .5 miles an hour faster than another one.... so it takes 8 hours for someone to go past in the outside lane, where's the problem? ;)

Class one any input on legality??