The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra Pod - the good, the bad and the wobbly

Branners

It was a really great day - thank you to all who worked to make it really special!

My few points:

-Would have been nice to see a proper club stand where I knew I could get help/information and see all the club merchandise (I didn't see the boot full of club stuff 'til the end of the day!) It was my first car meet and I must admit to feeling a bit lost when I arrived. (first day at school feeling as said above!)

-defo agree on the name badges and (esp.) usernames on cars.

-please keep the family atmosphere.

- some way of knowing the class of cars running - NA, TT, Stock, BPU, Single etc.

- re-book the same weather!

-an in-car check list. e.g.

• Shut your windows
  • Turn off traction control
  • Shut your windows
  • Turn off A/C
  • Shut your windows
  • Don't engage neutral halfway down the track with your foot on the floor.
  • SHUT YOUR WINDOWS!:D

Glad to know we're likely to have it again next year, with so many attending at short notice it's likely to become the club's national event!

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1) more toilets open

2) an end of day shoot out would be cool

3) name badges on people and cars

4) some sort of leaderboard for times

5) someone on the PA commentating (I'd be more than happy to do that!!)

that said, I think the mods did very, very well for the way this was organised at such short notice

Thanks to all who made this a great day. Me and my son Tom had a brilliant time (despite me having to give shoulder rides to the toilet every 30 mins :) ).

As said before the name badges / usernames on cars would be good and a few more traders would be nice.

It definately felt more relaxed and friendly compared to normal RWYB days and it was nice to see it as a family event as well (Vicki was gutted that she couldn't make it). I was laughing my ass off (as were a few others) at my son and this other little lad at the top of the stand chattering away to each other about all of the cars :)

The spectator tickets were too cheap IMO and I would definately pay more to make this even better. I am even willing to pay another £5 now for the one we just had if it helps the club break even.

Thanks again

Mark

Excellent day , but I must admit I had to drive twice to the toilets and back, so the way my fueling is 2X toilets cost me about £5 :D

I went one better than that, when I felt the urge I did a run down the strip and stopped by the toilets on the way back!

:looney:

Great day out and it was really nice to be at pod without it costing an arm and leg to get in. Well done to all those who got it sorted at such short notice. I only live down the road from Pod so go there whenver I can and this was one of the most relaxed events I have been to there. I think it is important to keep the ame relaxed atmosphere next year if we can.

A cool beer would have been nice, but I do apreciate the reasons behind the no alcohol thing.

As has already been said, some form of identifying who is who.

How about a " Car bits bring and buy sale"? I am sure we all have loads of stuff we could do with flogging. Members could bring any stuff they wanted to flog along and leave it with the price they want for it, if it gets sold the forum takes a percentage, if it doesn't they take it home again. Sounds a bit church fete ish I know but could be a good attraction and also earn a few bob towards the event.

How about a " Car bits bring and buy sale"? I am sure we all have loads of stuff we could do with flogging. Members could bring any stuff they wanted to flog along and leave it with the price they want for it, if it gets sold the forum takes a percentage, if it doesn't they take it home again. Sounds a bit church fete ish I know but could be a good attraction and also earn a few bob towards the event.

An excellent idea, if members are willing to do this I'll be happy to arrange this & run it on the day. At the end of the day any items unsold could be auctioned if the owner was willing to do this... to at least get rid of it and not to have to take it home :D

An excellent idea, if members are willing to do this I'll be happy to arrange this & run it on the day. At the end of the day any items unsold could be auctioned if the owner was willing to do this... to at least get rid of it and not to have to take it home :D

Lets hope the Rouge boys don't leave their weight saving bits lying around or some unsuspecting "Bargain Hunter" may be going home with an MR2 interior and rims and they'll riding home on BF Goodrich Drag Radials and a bucket seat!:D

I think the option of camping the night before would be good. Especially for those who had to travel a fair distance.

Camping would have been good, as its a long way down from Edinburgh and back in one day. Willing to pay a bit more for Spectator tickets and upping the number of cars wouldn't be a problem as there seamed like loads of time

Also Knowig what you were running agains as being one of the few totaly stock TT's there everything destroyed me.

Timeing board at the end of the track so you can see your time.

well me and the wife both enjoyed it and will def come again next year and pay more to watch,was great but she did get bored a few times(i was too busy chatting and looking at cars) but she did say we needed more stalls or car boot type stuff,even if it had nothing to do with our cars(women and shopping).

maybe more compititions would be good,like using the dodgems in the fairground or racing arcades and stuff,and maybe a few things for the kids to play on and to keep the other halves occupied,

Well here's my overview:

Sort out next years date nice & early & get this event listed on the board as soon asap, as i reckon next years Suprapod 08 will be the the biggest event of the Year. This will give everyone plenty of time to organise themselves.

Nice to see more traders & maybe a bring a buy section to sell your own unwanted spares.

Name slips on dash so everyone can identify different members cars.

Final shoot out of the different categories

Hire out a larger PA system so Jezzy can crank the sounds up.

Proper organised show & shine section for the last half hour of the day so that all the finest cars are group together instead of scattered all over the place.

But for all those that miss out make a exception for next years as this is one of my favorite gathering so far for excitement throughout the day, meeting loads of members & lots of great fun

Name Tags

More traders

Some Eye Candy for the guys

other than that,.. pefect!!

Sorry guys but I have to put up with that cr@p at every car show I go to and it irritates the fc@k out of me, really, what do bimbos have to do with the cars - apart from scratching and gouging our precious paintwork!!!

You can get that rubbish at Max Power!!! :no:

We all had a great time without that anyway :tongue:

And if you DO go ahead with it, in the interest of fairness I want to see hunky, scantily clad blokes lounging round too :p

lol

Linda

x

Sorry guys but I have to put up with that cr@p at every car show I go to and it irritates the fc@k out of me, really, what do bimbos have to do with the cars - apart from scratching and gouging our precious paintwork!!!

You can get that rubbish at Max Power!!! :no:

A great point that is made even better by the fact that both Max Power and Redline are moving away from that kind of thing too. It's not needed and it's a bit sad.