The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra Pod - the good, the bad and the wobbly

Branners

Fantastic day. Being a pod virgin I "only" put in 11 runs, but if this goes ahead next year I'm sure I'd put a few more in!

It's been pointed out that there were periods where no-one was running. If the number of runners was increased to 100 to help cover costs etc, I can't see the queues becoming the monstrosities I've heard about from typical RWYB days. Would that incur increased costs though, thereby not helping financially?

I'd agree with more traders being present. If there were many traders planning on turning up, I'm sure people would pre-order things to save a little on postage.

The name tag thing seems a little "dorky", but it would be an idea! It's only the likes of JamieP, JohnK and Henk who are immediately recognisable when they introduce themselves using their real names.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the major things have been said, really. It was a fantastic day considering the timeframe it was set up in.

Personally, I would be interested in a drift area/instruction session.

Name tags would'nt be a bad idea, as I felt a bit daft wandering round going 'So what's your username, then?' It's all right for others, I was wandering round with ANIMAL written in big orange letters on my jacket...

The name tag thing seems a little "dorky", but it would be an idea! It's only the likes of JamieP, JohnK and Henk who are immediately recognisable when they introduce themselves using their real names.

Well, you could all buy club polo/T-shirts/fleeces etc with your usernames on ??!!!

Yes, I know its a shameless PLUG

dont know if i could have been of any help , its just a bit of a haul from here in sunny swansea

Peter, you would of definitely been of help mate. Gaz and his son Carl were washing their cars with a bucket and could of done with your services, as could many others from the drive down :)

I will definately be up for this next year JB. More time to prepare would have been beneficial as we could have got more 'desirable' stock in to cover it, but i think considering the time from confirmation of the event taking place, to the actual day, it was a big success!! The only reason the tunes were'nt cranked up loud was because we had to keep turning it down to hear what folks were saying! :D Might also be worth while telling you we have a DME motorsport prepared QSD drift car with PL insurance, should anyone require a play, or drift lessons in an arena. Be happy to chip in again next year. Bigger and better? ;)

I will definately be up for this next year JB. More time to prepare would have been beneficial as we could have got more 'desirable' stock in to cover it, but i think considering the time from confirmation of the event taking place, to the actual day, it was a big success!! The only reason the tunes were'nt cranked up loud was because we had to keep turning it down to hear what folks were saying! :D Might also be worth while telling you we have a DME motorsport prepared QSD drift car with PL insurance, should anyone require a play, or drift lessons in an arena. Be happy to chip in again next year. Bigger and better? ;)

Great news mate. I for one would like to pass on a huge thanks on behalf of the club for all the effort you and the QSD crowd put into the event. The music was superb and really helped the atmosphere.

Perhaps next time the decks and sound system can be set a little further away from your trade area so it can be turned up a little. Not sure what other kit you have but perhaps we can look into hiring a larger sound system (like we did at the Ace Cafe meet) and make more use of the microphone :)

Perhaps next time the decks and sound system can be set a little further away from your trade area so it can be turned up a little. Not sure what other kit you have but perhaps we can look into hiring a larger sound system (like we did at the Ace Cafe meet) and make more use of the microphone :)

Sounds like a plan, have some poll dancing ladies too :eyebrows:

There was something private and personal which made the event more enjoyable for me than some of the major events i've been to at the Pod.

Ok so the Hog Roast (yummy) and the countless burger and pie stands weren't open but it made to a much better relaxed atmosphere and i'm sure you could get a heap more cars running down the strip throughout the morning to afternoon sessions before it would be as conjested as some RWYB events.

I'm usually content with 3runs so if I could get 5 in I would be happy, anymore would just be a bonus. Maybe buy bundles of 5 runs at £20 or would that workout more expensive for the club?

I was coming up to a particularly skint end of month so couldn't justify £50 odd in advance, but £5 on the door i couldn't miss out on spectating, purhaps at £20 or so in advance for guaranteed 5 runs i would have scraped the dosh together on top of fuel, just a thought.

Sorry female members but some scantily clad ladies giving out flyers always goes down well (Oooh Errr) and if you could get them sliding up and down a pole would be even better but really not necessary! A PC Wet T-Shirt Comp perhaps so women and men can enter!

I'd best stop there.................

............as my comments get less and less constructive.......

:D

Being a red blooded (single) bloke it would be nice to see some scantily clad tarts, but I don't think thats in keeping with the type of event this is aimed at.

There were a lot of families and younger children around on the day, this in a way made it more of a 'club' event than just some 'normal' pod day. I for one would rather keep this a club day and keep the family atmosphere it had :)

I thought it was an excellent day!.. A big thanks to everyone who organised it and helped to make it happen ;)

I think the option of camping the night before would be good. Especially for those who had to travel a fair distance.

Oh.. and pole dancers would be good... or did someone already mention it? :D

There were a lot of families and younger children around on the day, this in a way made it more of a 'club' event than just some 'normal' pod day. I for one would rather keep this a club day and keep the family atmosphere it had :)

Very true and great point ;)

Wicked event and well organised, Well done to all involved. By far the best meet yet.

my two pennies however...

1- It'd be nice to have a few trade stands to have a look at

2- Bogs are miles away!! (not a lot we can do about that)

3- Don't limit the potential runners, ive been to loads of rwyb and a couple mins wait inbetween runs is preferable for me, give my engine a chance to cool down, plus if theres a few of you in the Q gives you a chance to have a quick chat and meet some peeps.

4- Commentary would be perfect, especially if the commentator knew usernames/names whist people are running. Or even get some vinyls cut that can go in the passenger window or something. (maybe not)

5- Name badges... been said loads of times before but im not a massively vocal poster and I don't make it to many meets. Im sociable but meets can sometimes feel a bit '1st Day at a new school' if you know what I mean.

6- Couple of hotties who can pose on the bonnet of my motor... been gagging for an opportunity to get some 'lads' shots :innocent:

Otherwise wicked event and i'll be back next year without question. Also i reckon most people would pay a bit more if it meant a few attractions etc, just make sure it works around payday as I heard a lot of people say they couldnt afford it mid month.

Oh and who owned the lad with the RC Supra? He was a little nutter :)