The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hovis and baps demands. Acceptable?

Jake

The difference being that most blokes would either ignore it, join in or laugh it off.

You reckon? You ever seen a 6 foot, 18 stone ex-squaddie who is normally the big-man, scared to go in a room for fear of the language he'll hear? That takes some doing, and this was one woman in an office with 15 men.

i have a potty mouth lol

and i always manage to shut men up lol

hense y women dont like me lol

Carry on with that and you find that a lot of men won't like you either.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If you feel strongly about something speak up at the time and help put a stop to it, jumping on a bandwagon at a later date just indicates weakness and a love of the gang mentality IMO.
Can't say I agree with that.

By that token this whole thread is pointless.

I think this thread has highlighted something that quite a few people weren't happy about and brought it to the moderators' attention.

Anyway, what's wrong with the gang mentality? :D Neither of us have been whiter than white in the past when it comes to that.

I think this thread has highlighted something that quite a few people weren't happy about and brought it to the moderators' attention.

Agreed and it's a good thing but it's also highlighted that there are a number of members who must enjoy biting their tongues in the hope that someone else takes to the soap box. If you feel strongly about something make it known I say.

Anyway, what's wrong with the gang mentality? :D Neither of us have been whiter than white in the past when it comes to that.

*moves to the side of Jake*

I'm with you on that one ;)

there are a number of members who must enjoy biting their tongues in the hope that someone else takes to the soap box. If you feel strongly about something make it known I say.
Oh I see what you were saying now. I'd failed to totally grasp that aspect. Beg pardon.

God some of you don't half talk some sh*te.

Women were being made into objects, it hasn't gone unnoticed, even the thread which innocently started off with pictures of members turned into spot the trophy girlfriend.

Anyway moving on....

You're not going to make many friends with statements like that. Especially not female ones. What if was your daughter/wife or girlfriend who was asked by some lary bloke they'd never met to get their tits out, just so you can leer and letch?

Which part of girls thinking that the weirdos posting are actually a bunch of tits don't you understand?

Agreed and it's a good thing but it's also highlighted that there are a number of members who must enjoy biting their tongues in the hope that someone else takes to the soap box. If you feel strongly about something make it known I say.

*moves to the side of Jake*

I'm with you on that one ;)

I think its the fact that many members feel that if they raise something they will just get abused and not listened to. Many many many times I type out a reply and before hitting submit I stop and think whether its worth the time and effort to argue it out, and I decide not to. If I feel like that and I set this all up how does everybody else feel?

JB

I think its the fact that many members feel that if they raise something they will just get abused and not listened to. Many many many times I type out a reply and before hitting submit I stop and think whether its worth the time and effort to argue it out, and I decide not to. If I feel like that and I set this all up how does everybody else feel?

JB

I'm with you on this. I'd have a huge post count if I actually posted the number of replies that I've deleted.

There comes a point where one stops trying to tell white males that racism isn't just political correctness gone awry or that male banter is female sexual harassment.

In the end it comes down to just this. Is a specific model of car enough for people to bond over and ignore the more dubious aspects of human nature?

.... and from the look of that poll so are the majority of club members

Really?

Harmless and funny - 37 votes

Should not be allowed - 15 votes

The only thing people seem to agree on is that it could "put off potential Full Members" and that it's childish.

Given the thread has had 2,334 views I'd say that the only thing it really shows is that apathy is as prevalent as ever ;)

Guest GirlRacer!

I think it's obviously going to depend on the girl. Some will just laugh it off whereas others will find it offensive.

I reckon Hovis shots (male or female :)) to prove that you own the car you say you do or something like that, are pretty harmless but asking for pictures with your baps out is way too far (unless the girls are offering! :blink:)

Personally, I just found it funny and not offended at all! (and then felt VERY stupid when I realised it was all a big joke and I fell for it!!! - even more funny!!) :)

But if it's really upsetting people then I'm sure no one wants that.

:hug:

JB

I have to say i have now become like this, it is a waste of time commenting on most threads, however if people met me in reality it may be different, after all you should not believe everything you read:eyebrows:

Really?

Harmless and funny - 37 votes

Should not be allowed - 15 votes

The only thing people seem to agree on is that it could "put off potential Full Members" and that it's childish.

Given the thread has had 2,334 views I'd say that the only thing it really shows is that apathy is as prevalent as ever ;)

I am not pc but the hovis thing is a bit of a nonesense and there is no real need for it, it is very easy to hide behind a keyboard and monitor, just like paedophiles do, some people need to grow up, if the site gets a reputation for it then it is hardly a worthy one, i mean it is only after being on here for the last year i realise how much of a twat i would have been thought to be when asking about buying a supra, there are a lot of good people on here but also a lot of not so good and i think even in the year i have been a member the sites reputation has surely declined