Jake

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, or it used to be :)

A "normal" Hovis request would generally come after someone had already put up a picture or themselves, a car or anything really.

Lots of websites do this actually. Barry Boys for example demands Birds Custard for anyone claiming to own something exotic like a Ferrari or something.

m.

I think it's all pathetically childish and unacceptable, UNLESS the target has already shown themselves to be game for a laugh in that respect. This is a car club FFS! If you want to look at naked women, stay in NWS, or put your money where your mouth is and go to a strip club.

I think it's all pathetically childish and unacceptable, UNLESS the target has already shown themselves to be game for a laugh in that respect. This is a car club FFS! If you want to look at naked women, stay in NWS, or put your money where your mouth is and go to a strip club.

Agreed. but at the end of the day if the female is stupid enough to fall for it thats her look out.

Its about self respect. I don't feel I have to reduce myself to splashing naked/semi naked pics of myself on a website inorder to be noticed. That doesnt get respect - on the contrary. I would rather be respected for my passion for jap performance cars, the knowledge I'm gaining, my personality and my attitude towards others. :tongue:

FWIW I think it's gone beyond a joke now and is off putting to female club members.

As far as 'Hovis' style pics go, I reckon IanC did it best with his 'Flat4 is a twat' pic when Flat4 was doubting Ian's height.

Anyway, I'm off to post pics of me todger on the Womens Institute Needlecraft site. Men can't sew! I'll show 'em.

so, safe to say that the request for Hovis stops from today?

JB

Absolutely. A simple "show us yer tits" is all that's required. It could potentially be embarrassing otherwise for the poor lass if she buys Happy Shopper bread for example.

so, safe to say that the request for Hovis stops from today?

Absolutely not, I'll continue to request a "Hovis shot" for validation if I feel it necessary.

I certainly won't be wrongly using "Hovis" in an attempt to view norks though, that's just sad.

I imagine it is off putting or intimidating to the fairer sex.

However if someone posts a picture of themselves and people doubt the validity of said picture i don't think a hovis request is unfair. just like that kid who had a lamborghini and all sorts of other exotica (allegedly) people asked for a hovis shot to prove he had what he said he had. (not quite the same but you see what i mean)

On pain of death :hunter:

Be interesting to see how its going to be stopped though...:confused:

One day ban for violators?

It's embarrassing to be associated with that kind of behaviour so I don't think it's too strict at all. The voters have spoken.