Hovis and baps demands. Acceptable?

Jake

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

No i'm not Pete you must forgive my dry sense of humour, for one i have had a few, but i find some peoples comments are very vociferous and i have been drawn into quite bad arguments on here and there should be no need for it there are two sides to every story and i feel that every post now is open to abuse, so have taken to not asking technical questions on here now, although i drive an Aristo i feel i f i ask som ething i will be told to pis off because i drive an Aristo etc, so as a newbie it must be quite daunting, i am relatively good at fighting so would not fear the face to face as much as the keyboard so to speak!!

cheers

matt

I am not pc but the hovis thing is a bit of a nonesense and there is no real need for it

Which aspect of it?

Several uses have been discussed.

however if people met me in reality it may be different, after all you should not believe everything you read

I generally read non-fiction but haven't come across anything about you, what am I missing out on?

I am not pc but the hovis thing is a bit of a nonesense and there is no real need for it, it is very easy to hide behind a keyboard and monitor, just like paedophiles do, some people need to grow up, if the site gets a reputation for it then it is hardly a worthy one, i mean it is only after being on here for the last year i realise how much of a twat i would have been thought to be when asking about buying a supra, there are a lot of good people on here but also a lot of not so good and i think even in the year i have been a member the sites reputation has surely declined

Comparing anyone here to a pedophiles is rather rediculous! The vast, vast majority of people here are members because they're firstly car enthusiasts and secondly because they love their Supra's. The actual number of people who post regularly is VERY small compared to the 'real' active membership. It's just the noisy, chatty few (like myself and many others in this thread) appear to give the majority view.

One other thing, cheer up dude, not everything Supra related is a bad/negative experience ;) :p

Really?

Harmless and funny - 37 votes

Should not be allowed - 15 votes

The only thing people seem to agree on is that it could "put off potential Full Members" and that it's childish.

Given the thread has had 2,334 views I'd say that the only thing it really shows is that apathy is as prevalent as ever ;)

The majority of club members do not wish to "put off Full Members" I trust you do agree with that?

To be honest guys and ladies, I could care less what you think of me. When you meet me at a meet and we have a beer or turn a few laps on the ring, then you can decide whether you like me or not. If you don't, so be it, that's your choice and I respect that. Just as I ask you to respect me and my opinion, which is just that.... an opinion. I think if we did that for each other more, we'd all be better off. I've met some great people here and if someone outside our club doesn't like us, then who cares. I'm not here to impress non-members. I'm here because I love my car and like to spend 26.3% of my time conversing with people I find interesting. I couldn't find a loaf of Hovis here if I wanted to, but I honestly don't care if someone else wants to go find it. Just don't rudely badger new girls for pics. It just isn't nice. Should I have deleted this? Probably. Oh well.

btw: IMHO this club continues to grow and grow every year and get better and better too.

Well said Ed :)

Though the membership is growing, the vast majority of newbie’s joining are sensible, literate, friendly and good characters. It just the very few morons (that tend to be most vocal) that give a bad impression to the semi-newbs ;)

The pessimists always say the club is going downhill... same as every other club in existence... its been the same here since I joined (funnily enough :innocent: )

Edit, sorry JB, took too long replying!