Hovis and baps demands. Acceptable?

Jake

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

the moderators are all seeing....and the members are all self moderating most of the time so Im sure everybody will behave on this now ;)

JB

So when a newbie female offers to post up pics of herself you'll all be shouting 'nooooo!' we're not like that here!!! :rolleyes: :p

kidding. i'll go along with that but its up to you mods as well to keep an eye on things before they get out of hand?

Thanks JB

Linda x

Absolutely not, I'll continue to request a "Hovis shot" for validation if I feel it necessary.

I certainly won't be wrongly using "Hovis" in an attempt to view norks though, that's just sad.

You better hope you use it in the right circumstances then.

JB

How? By removing the Cling Film? :rolleyes:

:rlol:

I've not actually met him yet, should I wrap myself thoroughly in a shapeless black bin liner and wear dark glasses when I have to? (Actually, where is he? how could he not be on the thread after reading the thread title?? :confused: ;)

:rlol:

I've not actually met him yet, should I wrap myself thoroughly in a shapeless black bin liner and wear dark glasses when I have to? (Actually, where is he? how could he not be on the thread after reading the thread title?? :confused: ;)

:D Poor Ed is keeping a low profile and thinking of ingenious ways of getting around this new Anti-Yeast Based Ruling. I have every faith in him finding a loop hole ;)

So when a newbie female offers to post up pics of herself you'll all be shouting 'nooooo!' we're not like that here!!! :rolleyes: :p

kidding. i'll go along with that but its up to you mods as well to keep an eye on things before they get out of hand?

Thanks JB

Linda x

No, its up to the members to moderate their own posts and avoid putting off new members. Our role is to take action when a member fails to follow the rules.

For a while now I have been extremely uncomfortable with how new female members are welcomed to the club, but didnt want to step in as nobody else seemed to have a problem. Turns out others do have a problem and so it stops now.

JB

Had internet probs all day so just caught this. I remember the days when it first started it was fun and a good laugh. Unfortunatly I became a mod and with that comes responsability (not spelling & grammer obviously :D)

I think it is used to early, some people on here are game for a laugh like me with Kopites editing of my pic :D. You cant tell the personality of a person within 3 posts.

But some are not and may not understand the humour especially when joining a new club.

No, its up to the members to moderate their own posts and avoid putting off new members. Our role is to take action when a member fails to follow the rules.

For a while now I have been extremely uncomfortable with how new female members are welcomed to the club, but didnt want to step in as nobody else seemed to have a problem. Turns out others do have a problem and so it stops now.

JB

nuf said :salute:

You better hope you use it in the right circumstances then.

I presume the moderators and forum owner are educated enough to spot me doing so.

I don't see why an innocent internet tradition should be outlawed as a result of misuse by a minority of members.

Agree. Ok, i'm all for a bit of fun and light hearted banter, but the shocking private messages from some tug happy members to a very close (long story!) female member once she posted a picture REALLY pissed me off and made a bad personal situation a hell of a lot worse. I guess i'm my own worse enemy in that respect, i talked her into posting a picture in the first place. :rolleyes:

Well said Jez! See what can happen. If anything you should of been happy about the reaction she got.. You shouldn't have let it get to you. Can understand where your coming from.

Apologies to jezzybabes!! .....

Lots of websites do this actually. Barry Boys for example demands Birds Custard for anyone claiming to own something exotic like a Ferrari or something.

m.

S'true, and that started as a joke as well. Some guy claimed to have such & such a car, someone asked him to take a picture of a tin of custard placed on the road where the photo was taken, and we were all gobsmacked that he went to the trouble of buying a tin of Birds and hosting the photo.

To be serious. I do think the Hovis thing presents a bad image. If we binned it it would also reduce the mass scrum every time a new female signs up. A few polite hellos and welcome will do, not every member saying "Hi Babe" or something.

I am sick and tired of all this politically correct bullshit!

People should be aloud to say how they feel/think, but should also be prepared to take responsibility for their actions, most girls don't seem to be bowled over by requests to see their tits etc, in actual fact they are probably going to piss themselves at the number of tits posting up!