The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hovis and baps demands. Acceptable?

Jake

GOOD NEWS!!!

This afternoon I have castrated myself which should put an end to the sexual harassment within this club from me. Sorry if I have upset anyone, it wasn't intended.

Just a bit of fun and wasn't ment to harm.

Can also point out that I'm not the phantom PM'er.

Thats wrong. Plain and simple.

I guarantee, if the rolls were reversed, I would run a mile.

With apologies to all females, and anyone else I may upset.

Sorry

Ed :( a.k.a sex pest

:innocent:

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

GOOD NEWS!!!

This afternoon I have castrated myself which should put an end to the sexual harassment within this club from me. Sorry if I have upset anyone, it wasn't intended.

Just a bit of fun and wasn't ment to harm.

Can also point out that I am not the phantom PM'er.

Thats wrong. Plain and simple.

I guarantee, if the rolls were reversed, I would run a mile.

With apologies to all females, and anyone else I may upset.

Sorry

Ed :( a.k.a sex pest

:innocent:

Good lad Ed.

I see when I PM'd you to tell you to make that statement, you listened!!;)

You may have rescued your credibility mate!!:D

H.

Jake, yes, a perfect example of what not to do. I can see why that is wrong. :(

But we are treading a fine line between what is now seen as harassment and what is said in jest.

For example. If a girl that we knew well, who was good humoured said "hey just got back from my holiday and took some great pics" and then a member who knew her well said "Hovis", I would consider it a joke. It's not really a request to see her boobs, it's just a silly comment.......I'm finding it hard to express what I mean into words now...like I said, it's a fine line.

I agree completely. You can get away with being a lot more cheeky to people once you know each other a bit but doing it to new members gives a bad impression. Anything that puts folk off joining is a bad thing for the club. (Unless they're txtspk typing idiots in which case they should be hounded out IMO :D)

*GIANT HUG FOR ALL*

In my eyes now:

Hovis request with car or after outrageous claim = ok.

Hovis request (not demand) only after post #69, if a pic has already been offered or posted without prior request and with the understanding of what a Hovis request is while doing so in a kind, professional manner seems,.... ok I suppose... but Mods should prune and warn where necessary.

Concensus?

God, I hate the letters P-C, but for the greater good of the club?

Now it looks like we're almost at the end of this thread .... I have managed (so far) to hold fire, but I just can't ......

I work sometimes in the very distateful area of investigating "On line Grooming" and other paedophilia related activities.

I AM NOT saying anything like that goes on here but I am it seems, far more sensitive to perception and interpretation of on-line language than some here.

There have been instances recently when I have been embarrased to be a member of this forum and certainly have wondered how some comments were received by the new member.

You are just as liable for the language you use on this forum as you would be in your place of work to a female colleague verbally, the consequences are different but none the less just as attributable.

I whole heartedly agree with some comments on this thread and also don't think we should go overboard in the other direction thus losing the comedy atmosphere.

All those that have said "Do unto others...." etc. I agree and is probably the best rule of thumb.

Now it looks like we're almost at the end of this thread .... I have managed (so far) to hold fire, but I just can't ......

I work sometimes in the very distateful area of investigating "On line Grooming" and other paedophilia related activities.

I AM NOT saying anything like that goes on here but I am it seems, far more sensitive to perception and interpretation of on-line language than some here.

There have been instances recently when I have been embarrased to be a member of this forum and certainly have wondered how some comments were received by the new member.

You are just as liable for the language you use on this forum as you would be in your place of work to a female colleague verbally, the consequences are different but none the less just as attributable.

I whole heartedly agree with some comments on this thread and also don't think we should go overboard in the other direction thus losing the comedy atmosphere.

All those that have said "Do unto others...." etc. I agree and is probably the best rule of thumb.

A voice of reason. Well said henk :thumbs:

But have you ever worked with a woman who was a complete potty mouth? I have...it's weird. And as soon as the tables get turned like that, all the blokes in the office who normally "give it all that", suddenly turn into scared little mice.

It just shows it can cut both ways.

Interesting statement, did you not feel obliged to say something in the thread in question?

If you feel strongly about something speak up at the time and help put a stop to it, jumping on a bandwagon at a later date just indicates weakness and a love of the gang mentality IMO.

But have you ever worked with a woman who was a complete potty mouth? I have...it's weird. And as soon as the tables get turned like that, all the blokes in the office who normally "give it all that", suddenly turn into scared little mice.

It just shows it can cut both ways.

i have a potty mouth lol

and i always manage to shut men up lol

hense y women dont like me lol

Interesting statement, did you not feel obliged to say something in the thread in question?

If you feel strongly about something speak up at the time and help put a stop to it, jumping on a bandwagon at a later date just indicates weakness and a love of the gang mentality IMO.

I am saying something now (clearly and concisely) in the relevant thread asking for feedback. I have refrained from "starting something" in a new members first post as that hardly puts this forum in the best possible light.

I believe my post above was open and honest nor do I think I demonstrated any "Gang mentality". As for "Weakness" I'm not even going to grace that with an answer.