Hovis and baps demands. Acceptable?

Jake

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Good point! As a new (ish) member I have noticed that any new female members "Hello" or "Hi" introductory posts have brought everyone out of the woodwork.

If everyone were treated as individuals things would be a lot easier. In fairness though I have never thought about the problems faced by the female members of the club.

H.

I am convinced that the average Supra owner on here has litle to no sex life, and vents their fustration on new female members.

i think its only a few that seem to get over excited when a girl/woman signs up on here. i guess to the regular and long standing members they know its just for fun or whatever but it gives the newbie a bad impression.

as for the other bit.. i am very outgoing :D

I am sick and tired of all this politically correct bullshit!

People should be aloud to say how they feel/think, but should also be prepared to take responsibility for their actions, most girls don't seem to be bowled over by requests to see their tits etc, in actual fact they are probably going to piss themselves at the number of tits posting up!

Excuse me? You obviously have not been on the receiving end of some of this. If your comment as above is anything to go by, I don't think you will get too many members siding with you.

Of course we should all take responsibility for our actions but some people do not know where to draw the line and it can become quite offensive. I actually find the way you refer to women as quite offensive and doubt your attitude would be such if you were standing in front of one of us discussing the gist of this thread?

I actually find the way you refer to women as quite offensive and doubt your attitude would be such if you were standing in front of one of us discussing the gist of this thread?

Trust me, it would be, what you see is what you get with this particular gentleman.

Lets not get too carried away by this.

Those who PM girls that they don't know and ask for pics are just wrong!!...

However in some contexts the word "Hovis" is just meant as a joke and should not be taken to heart.

Quite agree mate! It seems this has started off as a general thing to prove the validity of a statement and is now being treated as a way of harassing women.!!:rolleyes: Weird.!!

I do think this is getting a bit silly now though. There are far more offensive things said on this forum than the Hovis situation.

At the end of the day, treat people how you would like to be treated and you can't go far wrong.

H.

Quite agree mate! It seems this has started off as a general thing to prove the validity of a statement and is now being treated as a way of harassing women.!!:rolleyes: Weird.!!

I do think this is getting a bit silly now though. There are far more offensive things said on this forum than the Hovis situation.

At the end of the day, treat people how you would like to be treated and you can't go far wrong.

H.

Cheers mate, I'm glad I'm not on my own on this....I can understand why people would be offended if the Hovis thing gets taken a little too far, however...when used in humour by people like Ed (...without people like him, this forum would get old very fast) it should just be received as it was intended...as a cheeky, harmless little comment.

H.

couldn't agree more with what you said. maybe it is time to sort some of the more offensive stuff as well.

as a general comment on political correctness, i find so much these days being brought under the banner of being PC/non-PC. most is irrelevant to that, as it is more to do with how you would expect to be treated, as you would treat others. how many thinking it is innocent fun, would like their partner asked this out in public, 'hi show us your....", yes, you can hit the guy who is asking, but still makes the partner feel uncomfortable, i expect.

it is all well and good knowing who someone is on forum, and yes it is ok to know if they are male or female, as i think most are inquisitive. but to really push things and keep being persistant just gets too much i am sure, and whats the point anyway, it is not a dating site, but a forum for like minded car fans.

Cheers mate, I'm glad I'm not on my own on this....I can understand why people would be offended if the Hovis thing gets taken a little too far, however...when used in humour by people like Ed (...without people like him, this forum would get old very fast) it should just be received as it was intended...as a cheeky, harmless little comment.

yep, spot on, Ed is a special case, (in the nicest possible way) :D he sure brightens it up around here

I am sick and tired of all this politically correct bullshit!

People should be aloud to say how they feel/think, but should also be prepared to take responsibility for their actions, most girls don't seem to be bowled over by requests to see their tits etc, in actual fact they are probably going to piss themselves at the number of tits posting up!

You're not going to make many friends with statements like that. Especially not female ones. What if was your daughter/wife or girlfriend who was asked by some lary bloke they'd never met to get their tits out, just so you can leer and letch?

While I do enjoy the harmless side of the hovis style threads... I do think it would put off some potential / new members. This forum has a great social atmosphere and is packed with helpfull people who provide excellent advice and really know their stuff. However...

I've visited several other Jap car forums via cross links on threads etc. and it does seem that we have a bit of a reputation...?

Perhaps threads that are likely to cause offense should be in a paid up members only section with a big 'at your own risk' disclaimer on it?

I'm not a big fan of the nanny state but if Racist comments aren't tolerated on here, should sexist ones? It is a public forum after all...

Plenty to think about.

I can understand why people would be offended if the Hovis thing gets taken a little too far, however...when used in humour by people like Ed (...without people like him, this forum would get old very fast) it should just be received as it was intended...as a cheeky, harmless little comment.

couldn't agree more with what you said. maybe it is time to sort some of the more offensive stuff as well.

Are people under the impression that this thread was started only in objection to the Hovis thing? It wasn't. It's the general harassment of female members that is in question.

Example: Recently a girl made her first post in the New Members section. Within a few mins somebody posted

"Keep your eye out for local events so I can check you out!"

How likely is somebody to go to a local meet so that a member can check her out? I'd run a mile if I was her.

Are people under the impression that this thread was started only in objection to the Hovis thing? It wasn't. It's the general harassment of female members that is in question.

Example: Recently a girl made her first post in the New Members section. Within a few mins somebody posted

Jake, yes, a perfect example of what not to do. I can see why that is wrong. :(

But we are treading a fine line between what is now seen as harassment and what is said in jest.

For example. If a girl that we knew well, who was good humoured said "hey just got back from my holiday and took some great pics" and then a member who knew her well said "Hovis", I would consider it a joke. It's not really a request to see her boobs, it's just a silly comment.......I'm finding it hard to express what I mean into words now...like I said, it's a fine line.

How likely is somebody to go to a local meet so that a member can check her out? I'd run a mile if I was her.

Apologies Jake, maybe I have wandered a bit! I have made my points about treatment of people whoever or whatever they are. The bottom line is "Would you say it to someones face and not expect a smack in return."! I felt that a couple of posts had indicated that the Hovis thing was to stop and that this was part of the whole attitiude to females thing!. Sorry if am mistaken.

I feel if the Hovis situation was a little better explained in someway, it would be easier for all involved. I came here 5 months ago and didn't have a clue what people were going on about. Once you get an apreciation of people humour then it's easier to take. If you look at most of my posts I am always having a joke but I would hate for someone to take it personally as I am just not like that.

H.

I think its a bit of that 'men are from mars, women are from venus' as in what is funny to a bloke may not be to a woman, but then it can work the other way too.. > I think you know what I mean....:)

I'm used to standing my ground and enjoy giving as good as I get so i just roll my eyes and think but thats not always the case for all females.

I've had some great laughs since I came on line on the forum and your a great bunch, and as they say, (or 2....or 3...:p > ) but they are a very small minority and harmless! ;) I can't wait to meet you lot when the events kick off :D