Jakes car caught fire!

CJ

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi All,

Just been speaking to Martin who owns the rollers and it seems that the problem was the oil return line, it had been too close to the exhast, and it seems that it had been like it for quite a while.

Whilst they were doing the first run they noticed some smoke from the engine bay and shut the car off, there was a small flame on the pipe which was put out quickly without any damage to any other part of the car or engine.

As I am typing this a new pipe is being made and will be fitted at which point the mapping will start again.

As you might imagine if this had happend on the road Jake may not have noticed the smoke and the outcome could have been very different.

Perhaps now is the time for all us single bods to check our oil feeds and returns as no matter how secure we think they may be there is always the chance that something can come loose.

Hi All,

Just been speaking to Martin who owns the rollers and it seems that the problem was the oil return line, it had been too close to the exhast, and it seems that it had been like it for quite a while.

Whilst they were doing the first run they noticed some smoke from the engine bay and shut the car off, there was a small flame on the pipe which was put out quickly without any damage to any other part of the car or engine.

As I am typing this a new pipe is being made and will be fitted at which point the mapping will start again.

As you might imagine if this had happend on the road Jake may not have noticed the smoke and the outcome could have been very different.

Perhaps now is the time for all us single bods to check our oil feeds and returns as no matter how secure we think they may be there is always the chance that something can come loose.

Bloody hell! Very lucky Jake!

What sort of pipe was it? Rubber/braided/other? Was it a hole in the hose, or a leaking fitting?

Glad it's nothing more serious! :thumbs:

Hi All,

Nice to see you have got guys who keep an eye on things as they do the work in case something like this crops up. Good work!!!

Hi All,

shit hope the car is ok

;)

I just spoke to Jake and can confirm that he is fine and, as greg said, the car is not badly damaged.

I will leave him to post up (in his own inimitable style) his description of what happened . Needless to say, he just had me in stitches with his description! :D

there was a small flame on the pipe which was put out quickly without any damage to any other part of the car or engine.

Glad it was nothing major.

I think most of us must've been there with tweaking engines... or is it just me that managed to get flames off their engine? :innocent:

(Did the oil on the manifold thing with the kit)