My single turbo install

RobSheffield

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i live with mammy and daddy also lol moved out with a ex moons ago didnt work and cost a fortune i pay nothing my teas cooked and my washing is done most importnantly my car is in a garage all the time so why move out lol

Do they let you have sex wherever and whenever you want with the multitude of women you no doubt attract with such a pad? :D :p

I'd be buying a bigger car if I were you! ;)

..but, yeah I can see why you'd stay put, it's an easier life with the folks.

edit : Sorry Rob I'm carrying on the hijacking.. I'll stop now.

Anyone is welcome to come take a look if they like, the more the merrier etc.

I rather think that Martin found my comment to Gaz 'sanctimonious', and i can see perhaps where that might come from.

Yes i live at home with my parents (cheap gag by the way), i dont see any point in struggling to meet a mortgage payment at this stage in my life, while im young i am going to enjoy life a bit.

Nic, i didnt do a compression or leakdown test for 2 reasons, firstly the car is only a 49 thousandish mile car, secondly, it was running lovely at the time i removed the twins, no smoke, plenty of boost, ran fine. i just decided to do it.

Why don't we have an "I can afford to go single because I still live at home with mummy and daddy" register?

ive gone single, and i have my own pad :tongue:

Its taking shape mate, all pretty easy going once you've got them twins off.

Mines up and running now, at last :) typical its just coming into the winter to experience the power of a single :blink:

Rob

I'm sure Martin's little dig was just a leg pull. I don't think there's any need to be offended mate.

I used to think that too Jake, now im not so sure.

How much do you hope/expect to get done over the holidays?

Today i replaced my bootlid struts (not much to do with going single :p ) and removed my inlet manifold and fuel rail.

In the freezing cold its a case of little and often, but im enjoying it, and learning a lot about what is where.

Tomorrow i plan to do a bit more, and start removing the pressure tanks and charcoal cannister, and possibly get the manifold and turbo 'test fitted'.

I have a LOAD of othr little jobs to do to the car too, new brakes and braided lines, wire up my cruise control system, fitting the AFR guage and fuel pressure guage, ECU to source and fit, the list is very much endless!

good luck with this Rob, wish i had the skill to tackel that kinda job on my own.

well done mate. enjoy ;)

I wouldnt say its skill as such. Having the space, time and self confidence is a major factor here! A lot of people just wouldnt want to do this, i think it stems from being northern and disliking paying others to do work for you :p

Good tools also help a LOT. When removing the twins i was relying on normal spanners, since i removed them i invested in a set of good ratchet spanners and they make any job a breeze!

Oh gawd, you guys.

Of course it was a leg pull. Apart from it being the season of goodwill to all men (except Supra-Lover) it's also just possible that Rob is one of the nicest Supra owners around so there is just no way it was meant as anything other than a sarky comment.

*note to self: don't forget to use smileys next time*

Merry Christmas Chaps.

are you going to bypass the thottle heater while its in bits

I was looking at that last night now i have stripped the inlet down.

Im going to remove the TC (sub throttle control) plate (butterfly)

Just a thought, have you considered repainting the engine baywhile you've got a bit of room to work? Satin black maybe?

Yes Jake. I have a litre of black left from when i painted it, im working towards painting the engine bay now!

Looking good so far Rob. Keep the pics and updates coming. I'll be doing it myself someday.

BTW, I moved out when I joined the military in 1993. Sometimes, I really miss living with my parents. Especially once you live out of the country and only see them once a year. You never know it until they start dying on you, so enjoy them while you have them, and tell them often how much they mean to you. Sorry for continued hijack.