The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My single turbo install

RobSheffield

Time for a small update (more to come tomorrow and through the week)

Spent a little time this weekend on the car, mainly looking at the dash for now, whilst i await parts ordered.

On that note i am pleased to finally be able to say i have ordered the injectors (which are currently being flow tested), Resistor pack, fuel rail, organised fuel line supplier (once i know specific sizes/lengths when i decide where my FPR is going) Also ordered from BL the oil line kit and T4 flange gasket.

I have the manifold heat wrap, and clips, i simply now need to actually confirm the order on specifically sized fuel line, sort an air filter out, buy an ECU, get it mapped and fit all the bits once they arrive (ought ot be a week or less now!)

A few piccies for the meantime!

This was my engine bay before hand...

and currently as of today

and one from a mid december test fit, half polished comp cover etc.

Most parts are test fitted ONLY at this stage so in the event of glaring errors, please only PM me to let me know so as to keep thread clean and not make me look like a fool :rlol:

Main items completed are

Twins removed

Intake and lower runners removed

Vacuum tank and fuel press. dampener removed

Engine bay cleaned, sanded and painted black

HKS DLI fitted

lower intake runners bead blasted

RLTC fitted, digi adjuster sunk into dash, Defi controller sunk into dahs, 6 AEM control buttons sunk into dahs, AEM AFR guage sunk into steering column shroud, new defi in car Fuel press guage fitted

Polishing and chroming of inlet manifold, comp cover, water elbow (incl trac removal and water 'nipple' removal)

All i really need now is ECU, fuel lines and to finally fit it all (yeah right :p )

I am setting myself the reasonable target of JAE being its first major show, hopefully after some short journeys to ensure its all ok :p

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It always looks really scary when you've got it stripped right down doesn't it?

I was convinced that I'd never remember where all the looms went to and that I'd be left with a big bowl of bolts.

Talking about bolts, how'd you get on fitting the exhaust manifold nuts? Mine were a nightmare. I got the guy who did my pipework to mod the manifold slightly to give my enough space to get the nuts and a spanner in there.

Best of luck!

It certainly does Tony :)

I am most definately worried ill have lots left over, but i should be ok :D

I am going to slightly trim the exhaust stud since it came out of the block with the nut. they all need a darn good clean anyway :)

Is it finished yet.... huh.... huh... :ecstatic:

Nice one Rob :thumbs: enough of the bling already, get the damn thing put back together :p

• 1 month later...

Pretty much all the parts have turned up now, big thanks to Andy Hannah, Colsoop for the polishing and Kev O for sharing import duty and shipping :)

Most of the parts arrived today, im only short a few clips and bits now, so ill be getting on with getting it all fitted up over the next few days.

Tonight i soldered my injector pig tails and resistor pack into place (pics to come tomorrow), removed the stock fuel line and routed my new -8 braided line front to rear, i then refitted my newly cleaned and polished HKS suspension and refitted the wheels and took the car off the blocks its been on for the last 6 months!

To say im excited is an understatement!

An obligatory parts pic :D

Getting there Rob!

Do you have a parts break down of the what you used for the tank to fuel filter? Are you using the stock fuel filter or Aeromotive (I should probably know this, but I forget right now!)

Basically Homer

90 degree 'bulkhead fitting' and nut

Approx 3.2 metres of -8 braided hose

1 -8 straight connector

I will be using the aeromotive filter sir, and you have a PM :)

Basically Homer

90 degree 'bulkhead fitting' and nut

Approx 3.2 metres of -8 braided hose

1 -8 straight connector

I will be using the aeromotive filter sir, and you have a PM :)

Get dry breaks to go either side of the fuel filter. It's what all the cool kids are doing. That way you don't get petrol in your eyes when you go to change the filter ;)

Get dry breaks to go either side of the fuel filter. It's what all the cool kids are doing. That way you don't get petrol in your eyes when you go to change the filter ;)

Well, i was going to do that, but 3 things stopped me

1 - I dont REALLY want to line Mr Aeroquips pockets THAT much

2 - Im trying to make my old Toyota fast, and putting 3 ton of fittings on might not help - i only have one turbo, not like you fast folk with 2 :p

3 - Its unlikely ill change filter that often, its not like i drive the car or anything :rolleyes:

Youv got till the beginning of Aug to get it finished Rob - or i will have passed my test before you have got her sorted!

And how embarrising would that be - me proving you wrong :D :D

Pfft, Do you have a Supra?

Whats that? An Audi...oh well, not feeling quite as embarrassed now ;)

Pfft, Do you have a Supra?

Whats that? An Audi...oh well, not feeling quite as embarrassed now ;)

I would applaude you for that come back Rob - that wasnt a bad attempt except for the fact iv sold the Audi :p

Are you at JAE fella? Think i might blag a lift with Ian now hes got the bomex bumper and spraying sorted.