The mkiv Supra Owners Club

North West - Previous Meets

Ian Ian

Waht date for Mascrat replacement  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Waht date for Mascrat replacement

• Same day as Mascrat and stuff the management
    • Different Date to Mascrat - Then people can do both :(
    • I'm never going back to Mascrat (In a Jap Car)!

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bloody nowhere now. They failed it's MOT! After telling me before xmas to get a set of front tyres & rear brake pads for the MOT, I get them done and they fail it on rear tyres, headlight alignment, emissions and abs & fog light telltales not working. Drove it home and found my speedo is dead, so it looks like they've not put the dash back properly. It's been through 2

MOT's without cats and passed fine so I sold 'em last year.

Not fecking happy

Bloody nowhere now. They failed it's MOT! After telling me before xmas to get a set of front tyres & rear brake pads for the MOT, I get them done and they fail it on rear tyres, headlight alignment, emissions and abs & fog light telltales not working. Drove it home and found my speedo is dead, so it looks like they've not put the dash back properly. It's been through 2

Not fecking happy

you got a pm bud..;)

Not fecking happy

Yikes dont like the sound of that matey good luck in sorting it out ;)

Cheers

Ian

Not yet, hopefully the auto elecetrician will be coming in the next few weeks to take it away on a trailor and try to find out which wire is dodgy and replace it. Prob gonna be a fairly big job tbh. :(

Piggin eck Gaz you aint having much luck with this soop, if there,s owt i can do just ask mate.........before you ask tho i aint no good with electrics confounding thing electicity you cant see it ! LOL

Cheers

Ian

i usually just leave as soon as i've finished work, say between 5.30 & 6 (so get there for about 6.15 - 6.45) can never really guarantee what time i get away for but if you're meeting gill & i can get there in time i'll come & meet you guys on the way

meaning "get there" is that haydock park bud, if it is... we will see you there...

No mate still got the same one, i sent you one on New Years eve but as far as i can remember (a fair amount of alcohol has been consumed recently though) i havent had any off you. Might be worth checking my number (07725 186187). If you have sent any and ive not replied, my apologies i was prob too pissed to stand upright let alone opperate the small keys of my phone with my pigs tits for fingers. :D

P.S. i wont be there as i doubt my car will be running (god im getting used to saying that) :(

nope the numbers the same as what if got in my contacts list dunno wots goin on bud, sorry to hear your not coming, do you want picking up, if do call me on mob bud...

Not fecking happy

:imsorry: ...

Not fecking happy

I've got a second cat if you wanna borrow it for the MOT mate. I've just had mine taken off :D The first one will be going too as soon as my new manifold turns up :)

Cheers Rob, it looks like it'll be next month now before I can think about getting another MOT though, as I'm broke and can't afford the rear tyres. I'm still fuming, if I'd have known they would fail it on all that shit (most of which is a result of the car being stripped for the respray) I wouldn't have wasted 300 quid on front tyres as my new rims should arrive at the end of the month.

Very soon there will be a set of stock 16's for sale with brand new Goodyear GSD3's on the front if anyone is interested.

Guest dave-m

I have a pair of rear tyres still on the rims i damaged, they are 17" think they are 255/35/17 budget tyres like but will pass an mot. but by your post i think you have 16" if not mate your welcome to them

:) Paul, ive a set of 16" standard wheels with decent tread if you want to borrow them for the MOT ;)

Cheers

Ian

Cool, cheers Ian. I need to get the headlights aligned, find out what's going on with my dash (and possibly the ABS if it's not just the warning light that's faulty), the horn fixed and a rear foglight conversion done first. And I'm broke. Hopefully my mate will be able to have a look at the wiring this weekend for me and get the horn & fog light sorted. After that, I really have no idea what's happening, everything's just plunged into chaos right now; I'll keep you all informed as I plough through the mess.

Full Revs

Animal

Paul,

I've got 3/4 of a fog conversion you can borrow for the MOT mate. Have got lights, looms, and relays just missing a switch, and wiring from dash to lights (you'll also need a telltale bulb to show when the fog is on) and the pull up resistors to prevent the bulb fail light illuminating if some monkey presses the brakes with the fogs on. literally pennies from Maplin - just don't ask me to do the wiring as I don't know how it works at that end :D Let me know if it'll help.

Mike