The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Complaints Regarding THOR Racing

mawby

I have now given up and feel i should worn others Only decision still to make for me is wether to bother with legal action or not.

On the other hand even if i dont take legal action, will the company then take me to court for liable???

I'd be more worried about the spelling police myself :D

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mawby, you've done a great job handling this matter in such a professional manner. Hats off to you guy :)

Can't make much comment towards Thor, I've purchased a few of their products before and none of the recent threads in the last few years will stop me buying from them in future. I would never have used their services (to far away) so the threads have no impact on whether I would use them in future.

However, due to their actions I think their trader membership here should be revoked.

If I have a problem with the service someone has offered me. I go directly to them, speak to them. If that does not get me any where, I will wirte a letter explaining my grievance. If that do not produce the desired effect, I wire another letter explaining that if the matter is not resolved, I will have no option that to resport to legal proceedings. If that does not work I go to a solicitor. This may be time consuming but is likely to yeild a satisfactory result.

At no point would I consider venting off on a public forum about it, as it is between me and the service provider and my case is unique.

The majority of members will not know that Pete was a significant contributor to the forum for many years. I believe his business involves working a vast range of performance vehicles not just MKIV's, I am not surprised he does not have much time for forums these days.

At no point would I consider venting off on a public forum about it, as it is between me and the service provider and my case is unique.

I agree with what you have posted but out of curiousity, if the service provider was a trader on here and you did take them through the whole legal route, would you at the end of it all inform the members of the forum?

As I stated the hypothetical situation would be specific to the particular contract I had with the provider. This would be very situaton specific, but I doubt I would go public on a forum due to what usually kicks off. Howver at trader renewal, I could leave a comment. Such as "Had to legal action against XXXX to achive satisfactory service. This would leave readers and mods to draw their own conclusion. The mods would know what I had written so could contact me for more details.

Looks like the issues with this particular situation have been resolved time to move on.

That's using the tools that the forum provides and in a perfect world I think you are totally correct.

However say there are 10 months to go until this hypothetical companies renewal comes up, could you in all good conscious not share the information with the rest of the club members?

But then it’s all hypothetical, it’s way past my bedtime and tomorrow there will be a much more exciting thread about something else :D

Mawby, you've done a great job handling this matter in such a professional manner. Hats off to you guy :)

Can't make much comment towards Thor, I've purchased a few of their products before and none of the recent threads in the last few years will stop me buying from them in future. I would never have used their services (to far away) so the threads have no impact on whether I would use them in future.

However, due to their actions I think their trader membership here should be revoked.

After thinking about this further - ban the c*nts

How dare they issue legal proceedings against the club they themselves are members of. If they wished to participate in the scene they should respond to messages and in the very least justify their actions (or lack of them) to members.

They appear to have no problem posting in Dictator Martins supra club (aka tumbleweed forum), but seem to be afaid to post here in the Supra owners club.

Anyone know if Thor or Martin F's dictatorship will be at JAE ?

How dare they issue legal proceedings against the club they themselves are members of. If they wished to participate in the scene they should respond to messages and in the very least justify their actions (or lack of them) to members.

:amen:

Shows a total lack of respect for the members that have provided them with so much custom (for very little recent club input).

There might be a little tongue in cheek there. :)

Well, Thor I want to speak to for tech reasons (nothing to do with any forum posts).

I tried to talk to Martin F once before but he just wasn't interested and in fact was damn rude, seemed like a right c*nt... got no interest in speaking to him again.

I've got to post, I know it will do no good, but I can't bite my (keyboard) tongue ;) anymore.

From what I see of the situation with the previously mentioned trader, and this has got to be said bearing in mind I don't know all the facts, is that the postings on the forum occurred after the trader continually failed to answer emails from the complainants, both the ones in this country and the ones in the USA.

Ignoring PITA customers is not a sensible thing to do in any situation. Ignoring them when they've got direct access to lots of your potential customers, and can put their case, rightly or wrongly, to those customers, in the best light to obtain sympathy, is professional suicide.

I've got to post, I know it will do no good, but I can't bite my (keyboard) tongue ;) anymore.

From what I see of the situation with the previously mentioned trader, and this has got to be said bearing in mind I don't know all the facts, is that the postings on the forum occurred after the trader continually failed to answer emails from the complainants, both the ones in this country and the ones in the USA.

Ignoring PITA customers is not a sensible thing to do in any situation. Ignoring them when they've got direct access to lots of your potential customers, and can put their case, rightly or wrongly, to those customers, in the best light to obtain sympathy, is professional suicide.

Yep totally agree with that and Paul E's comment about 'PR'

Let him try sue us, Ill quite happily put a few quid in for legal costs as im sure others would too...

I dont know Pete Betts or what kind of person he is, I do remember seeing his name on the original Supra site in the 90's think he had a mk3 then, never had dealings with Thor....

I think we deserve an apology from him as a club if he is to continue trading on here..and documented evidence that our fellow Supra owners stateside reach an agreement...then we can all move on ...untill the next time lol.

"think twice, speak once" is an old saying.

Mentioning legal actions, heated comments and making threats is a sure way to alienate people -and make enemies even- where you had none.

I hope this sad incident blows out, irrespective of the truth behind the issue (which has been forgotten by all sides in the process)

At the end of the day I think it's down to Pete/Thor.

They fu*ked up.

If they concentrated on their PR more, and perhaps sorted out issues as they were arising, then the people who felt agrieved wouldn't have posted in the first place.

So in my eyes they fu*ked up twice. The original fu*k up, and then the fu*k up on the PR front.

To then threaten the club with legal proceedings is in my opinion yet another fuck up. Knowing that it was their fault to start with, if it were me, I would have been bending over backwards to sort issues out once it was raised on the board.

What would have cost him more? The money's he's now going to lose down to the fact that most of us won't touch him with a bargepole, or the cost of maybe turning around and saying "yes it was our fuck-up, sorry we've not sorted it previously and we've not replied to your messages. To resolve the issue we would like to supply the correct items and give the customers involved a full refund". Even if he made a loss on the particular items he was supplying at the time, he'd go a long way towards mending some bridges.

That's how I'd run my business. Look at the long term. Pity Pete doesn't think like this, as he's someone who's technical input is very much appreciated and an asset to the club.

Pity.

After reading 10 pages of this, I think Nod should be running Thor and not Pete - PR can make or break your business, think theres a lot of broken Thor bits lying around this community now, and isnt it amazing when companies realise what they have done they jump in with the solicitor threats :clap:

After reading 10 pages of this, I think Nod should be running Thor and not Pete - PR can make or break your business, think theres a lot of broken Thor bits lying around this community now, and isnt it amazing when companies realise what they have done they jump in with the solicitor threats :clap:

From my experience with Nod's PR I suspect that might not be the way ahead :)