The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Complaints Regarding THOR Racing

mawby

Our hosts have been waiting 2 days for a reply from Pete, and I have been waiting 4 hours now. I have even seen Pete log on to the forum. Still no reply from him.

In Pete's complaint he suggests there are more than one or two threads which he has taken objection to. I will, however, play it safe and go hunting for the word Thor and start deleting stuff.

Suggest you lock and hide the threads. Experience tells me never to delete anything under these circumstances.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The normal procedure for a trader who has a problem is to contact me. I make a quick decision on the spot whether to lock/delete a thread or not, and then I consult the other mods to see what they think about it all.

Pete decided not to do this. Instead he took the time to go straight to our hosts, not once telling any moderator that he had a problem with a forum post. By going via our hosts he has made it an official complaint against the club, and as such has told our hosts.... well this,

So instead of contacting me, he contacted our hosts to tell them to contact me. Unfortunately our hosts only have my works contact details, hence I wasn't notified about this problem until this morning.

cheers, what ive put below is about the person who reported and not thor disclaimer out the way

Im saying the person who did this was very under handed and sneaky, do we really want a person like that on here, hell no.

Down with that company i cant mention

we have enough good traders on here now to be picky

Just so I'm clear.

1. Your happy to let Thor continue trading on here and having banners

2. Your now goign to DELETE all the bad comments

So in newbies eyes, he is just a regular, good trader?

1) Am I smiling?

2) I am going to delete two threads which I am aware of as being potentially problematic.

Please remember my initial post contained this "unless you have documented evidence to back up your claims". A statement is not libellous if it is true and can be proved.

If were now on about bad spelling and grandma then there are many other replys in this thread that has them.

What's your gran got to do with it?

I think all the threads should stay untill Thor can prove the work they did was to the correct standard. This isn't a club for traders it's a club for owners.

You wouldn't make it at being a professional mediator.

1) Am I smiling?

I hoped you were.....

Also in my mental image you are sat behind a formica table with a picture of an airship on it. To your left is a set of brass fire tools, to your right an umbrella stand fashioned from the hides of forty dragons. You are wearing a large top hat set at a jaunty angle.

The window is slightly ajar.

I hoped you were.....

Also in my mental image you are sat behind a formica table with a picture of an airship on it. To your left is a set of brass fire tools, to your right an umbrella stand fashioned from the hides of forty dragons. You are wearing a large top hat set at a jaunty angle.

Actually I am... smiling that is. It takes a lot before my sense of humour goes... hence my little I Robot joke.

Your description of me is pretty accurate. Well I'm sat behind and table and the window is open! :)

I hoped you were.....

Did you GM a game of Dungeon's and Dragon's I played in Rotherham in the early 90's?

Did you GM a game of Dungeon's and Dragon's I played in Rotherham in the early 90's?

Not that I remember but my spirit guide might have?

I was probably too busy handing out detentions and 'pages' to 1st year students because I thought their silly dice game was a bit tragic ;)

*turns to page 10 while rolling a golden orc*

MMM well this is not going to be doing business any good at all. IMO some of the things said in various threads have been a bit OTT. It only takes a question mark over a traders abilities or customer services for that business to start taking a hit. So in all seriousness its one thing to stand and shout from the roof about bad workmanship etc but its a whole nother thing to stand up and prove it. In most of these cases a dodgy trader will back down and sometimes vanish, a good one however will rightly get a p*ss on about it. How an individual businesman deals with his p*ss on is up to them. There are some ways that could be perceived as better than others. In this case as far as popularity is concerned perhaps a more personable approach would have been better. From a club point of view it is in our interest to be 100% sure that the allegations made are completely true and factual (lets face it p*ssed off punters are well known to exagerate their cases) so we can make an unbiased descision about using a trader or not.

I hoped you were.....

Wow you could give JK Rowling a run for her money with that stuff!

Pete has now contacted me and told me which thread was causing him concern. I have deleted that thread. Unfortunately Pete has stated that he still intends to seek legal advice against the club unless the original thread author presents him with written accusations and evidence. :(