The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Complaints Regarding THOR Racing

mawby

Firstly I dont have a problem with thor, but this kind of thing sureley means that if anybody has a problem with a company that is not resolved to their satisfaction and want to warn other people before spending their hard earned if something should go wrong then we just have to shut the f*** up, wrong as people have said frredom of speech... very slippery slope IMO

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Firstly I dont have a problem with thor, but this kind of thing sureley means that if anybody has a problem with a company that is not resolved to their satisfaction and want to warn other people before spending their hard earned if something should go wrong then we just have to shut the f*** up, wrong as people have said frredom of speech... very slippery slope IMO

If the claims can be substantiated then there's nothing to worry about is there? Say what you like if you can prove it with hard evidence.

If a member mouthed off a load of unfounded nonsense specifically to hurt any traders reputation resulting in loss of trade - then what do you expect the trader to do? (Not that I'm saying this is whats happened here, I've no idea)

Might be a good idea to lock this then before something is said that qualifies for the above:blink:
I will be keeping a very close eye on this thread. Stopping "libellous, inflammatory, or potentially reputation damaging" posts is one thing, stopping freedom of speech is something completely different and I see no need for that.

Just remember, it wouldn't take much serious legal action to shut the club down so it really is just best avoided for all our sakes n'est pas?
Unfortunately not. Hopefully the threat of legal action will be dropped when I remove the thread/post causing the problem.... when Pete tells me which one(s) it is.

Can anyone point us in a NON libellous way to why this post was put up ? I was about to book my motor in for a fuel setup. I have always founf Peter to be honest and suitably priced....Would like to no more before I commit to my car being setup ?

Can anyone point us in a NON libellous way to why this post was put up ? I was about to book my motor in for a fuel setup. I have always founf Peter to be honest and suitably priced....Would like to no more before I commit to my car being setup ?
"I'm sorry. My responses are limited. You must ask the right questions."

Unfortunately not. Hopefully the threat of legal action will be dropped when I remove the thread/post causing the problem.... when Pete tells me which one(s) it is.

I can't believe you can't or won't guess.

I maintain that under threat of legal action, an over-the-top defensive solution remains your best action until suitable information becomes available to you.

I can't believe you can't or won't guess.

I maintain that under threat of legal action, an over-the-top defensive solution remains your best action until suitable information becomes available to you.

Our hosts have been waiting 2 days for a reply from Pete, and I have been waiting 4 hours now. I have even seen Pete log on to the forum. Still no reply from him.

In Pete's complaint he suggests there are more than one or two threads which he has taken objection to. I will, however, play it safe and go hunting for the word Thor and start deleting stuff.

Our hosts have been waiting 2 days for a reply from Pete, and I have been waiting 4 hours now. I have even seen Pete log on to the forum. Still no reply from him.

In Pete's complaint he suggests there are more than one or two threads which he has taken objection to. I will, however, play it safe and go hunting for the word Thor and start deleting stuff.

Don't think it is too hard to guess which are the threads he doesn't like and one of those should have been stopped very early on, but wasn't!

Just out of question why are the hosts involved? Surely they get involved later on?
The normal procedure for a trader who has a problem is to contact me. I make a quick decision on the spot whether to lock/delete a thread or not, and then I consult the other mods to see what they think about it all.

Pete decided not to do this. Instead he took the time to go straight to our hosts, not once telling any moderator that he had a problem with a forum post. By going via our hosts he has made it an official complaint against the club, and as such has told our hosts.... well this,

Would you please contact the domain owner/s and ask that they remove discussion content about our company and cease any further inflamatory discussion or we will have to begin action against the web domain hosts to shut the site down.

So instead of contacting me, he contacted our hosts to tell them to contact me. Unfortunately our hosts only have my works contact details, hence I wasn't notified about this problem until this morning.