The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Project WIDEBOY is go !!!!

dude

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey dude few quick questions :(

are the screws removed once the panels are bonded ?

wants this filler called thats used first, as i will be starting my wide kit fitment soon. i've been told to use tiger seal to bond on the kit and then to have the screws removed :)

hey dude few quick questions :(

are the screws removed once the panels are bonded ?

wants this filler called thats used first, as i will be starting my wide kit fitment soon. i've been told to use tiger seal to bond on the kit and then to have the screws removed :)

The black stuff that doesnt crack is UPOL SMX it is very adhesive and can be used to bond on the wings BUT you dont get a lot of working time to get it all in place so i used Tiger Seal which goes off over night , the screws are then removed and the SMX applied , this will fill all the holes and form a crack proof skin over the join of the wing allowing the easy sand filler to be applied , the important part is cutting the original wing !!!!

Dude :devil:

Has it really taken 14 months?

You actually use screws to put the kit on :eek:

Al didnt want to take the car back till he's got his license back so i agreed to store the car for him , now is the right time to carry on , it will be finished just as he can start driving again .

Screws !!!!! How else do you think you hold the wings in place ???Rivetts could work but same difference and im all out of skyhooks , plenty of coats of paint should cover the screws ok but ive arranged them to say TRD 3000 in braille just in case !!!! :eek:

Dude :devil:

How cheap is 'cheap' dude? Just roughly?

Fitting is no problem, as i could do it myself! Result!

Andy

No doubt paul will be along shortly or check out his site , but i can vouch for the quality of the kits both these guys sell , dont take this the wrong way but do you do bodywork your self ????, if you go with it and get stuck give me a ring .

Dude :cool:

Cheers, dude, but Im totally confident. Fitted a few widearch kits, and fitting an Equiss kit to a E36 BMW at the weekend, so feel 'qualified; enough for the job. Thanks for the support though, mate!

Andy

No doubt paul will be along shortly or check out his site , but i can vouch for the quality of the kits both these guys sell , dont take this the wrong way but do you do bodywork your self ????, if you go with it and get stuck give me a ring .

Dude :cool: