The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Project WIDEBOY is go !!!!

dude

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Branners

thats low at the front and its sitting on a plank of wood, that front will be dragging along when its finished wont it?

JB

Its not as low as it looks , im sure it will be fine !!!!:thumbs:

Just for Ash heres the pic you wanted (maximise for full effect)

Dude:flame Dev

the matt harwood experience2.jpg

Would you be able to use any parts of this kit individually? Or mix and match with other kits?

For example, the nose cone without the wide front wheel arches.. I love this kit, it's my favorite by a long way (I have a blue aerotop TRD widebody Supra as my computer desktop background) but there's no way I'll ever be able to afford it..

So would the nose cone work with, say, c-west side skirts, and lose the whole widebody bit of it (ie front + rear arches)?

Or indeed would the skirts work without the wider front+rear arches? I'm just thinking of people who combine other nose cones with veilside skirts, or veilside cones with other skirts, etc etc.. Or is this the type of kit that will only work with its own complimentary bits?

This will look damn sweet when it's finished. I had been dreaming of a beep blue/purple TRD widebody for my next Supe :)

Thanks

-p

• 3 weeks later...

To cheer Al up a bit heres a progress report , ive been fitting removing etc the front panels to modify mounting holes so as to get some decent gaps , its getting there but doesnt make for good photo oppertunities , ive now movewd to the nose and had a struggle to get it all to bolt up as it should as Als has had a little tweak here and there !!!, if it was a normal kit this would not matter but this one is so accurate that just a gnats out means it doesnt all bolt together , still after some mods and redrilling and lining up its getting there , heres some bits of the fornt nose and air ducting and bracketry

Dude :flame Dev

big al 031.jpg