Project WIDEBOY is go !!!!

dude

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Jake

Typical ! I've just changed it.

I know it's not all exciting putting paint on work, just Paul's comments made me laugh.

Thats why they call him laughing willy.....................if you saw his willy youd laugh !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dude:flame Dev

Dude,

A question about the rear arches....

Do you cut back the original arch to a point near the blend area and then bolt the arch on, or do you leave the "old" arch as it is and simply bolt the new one on-top? If so would that not leave a nasty 2nd wheel arch a couple of inches under the new outer one?

Can't wait to see this finished. Am looking forward to good deal on the "package price" paul mentioned. ;)

Regards

• 4 weeks later...
Originally posted by albundy68

project wideboy is...

...stop. :)

any more pics dude? we nearly lost this thread its been so long!

:baa:

Im not posting anymore pics untill i have the rear wings bonded on and thats not gonna be for a week or so at least !!!:(

If my single doesnt turn up im haveing the whole of the bank holiday on it and should have the rear wings on and in primer

Dude:flame Dev

Hi dude

Sorry i missed your call was away racing and occasionally being a dumb ass left my mob at home.

Speak with you soon about my project as im still drawing a blank in the midlands to find a bodyshop i trust to do the work.

Most of my project parts are on there way so i need to get someone sorted very soon or i'll be supraless for most of our summer if we get one that is.

Regards

Dunk

cheers bobbeh, yeah its flying by, but every nice sunny dry day (like sunday) feels like a kick in the teeth not being able to cruze in the supe.

which is bizarre i allways expected getting to work/getting the shopping would be a problem but that parts easy,

Still ill be back next summer,

dunk, im guessing youve discovered dudes lack of space in his PM box like me,

:)

• 1 month later...

Yeah you mised CJ's car , since Al unfortunatly got an enforced bus pass its getting done as and when , am now waiting for service parts to arrive via CJ when he can pick them up from Al , as soon as they arrive and are fitted its all go again .

dude:flame Dev

what???

ive got a supra???

really???

been so long since ive seen it that i barely remember...

Paul E's sending a stack of stuff to you next week dude, including lines, pads, TRD fuel cap (bling), and oil filter,

And CJs picking up my brakes, TRD steering wheel, and boost guage next week, then terry s is gonna bring em down,

then you should have all you need for the service'in (anything else you need just get it n stick it on the bill)

are you still putting those tein coilovers on it????

then Emin might be cummin by at some point to fit my TRD taco/speedo dials!!!

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

• 10 months later...

Moth balls removed and Project wideboy will be coming to a conclusion !!!!! If Al can EVER decide on a colour , he's getting 2 choices this week , and we reckon the original Lambo purple will look the part but the final choice is his (unless i just do my normal and choose myself !!! :eyebrows: )

heres some progress pics , when the rear wings go on we need to gut the arches out so that clearance is there for the wider wheels but the 2 skins need to be joined together and then in turn joined to the new wing so that the whole lot is sealed as much as possible , the cavity between the new wide wing and the old normal wing will be filled with expanding foam to give a very solid result that will be resistant to cracking/flexing etc , this bit looks gruesome but my new plasma cutter made short work of it :D

Dude :devil:

wheelarch cut.jpg