The mkiv Supra Owners Club

South East Meet- 11th January 2004- 2PM

Supragal

Guest suprageoff

Thanks gals & guys for the meet. It was good meeting you and seeing some great Supras and others. You were very welcoming - appreciated.

It was a shame about the car park being too busy - never mind.

Michelle had a problem with her Supra when we got back - seems to be OK now but I'll post that in the Tech section.

Thanks again,

Geoff (TanZX) & Michelle.

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good meet everybody.

Those who left should've stayed 'round - when everybody went to Japspeed, most of the regular Supra crew stayed and went and had some drinks in the pub.

There were still people coming, and leaving all day.. saw a few Supras/Skylines/WRXs turning up hours after people started moving (well, after security told us to get out - but stuff 'em, we were using the facilities of the pub) so was a shame it was broken up.

Still, was a nice meet, and a good time had I think :)

I have no idea who I ended up following out of the place when people were convoying to Lee-On-The-Solent about 7pm-ish, or if they were going to the L-O-T-S but I ended up miles out of my way enjoying burning down the road westerly, with at least 4 others.. swung round at a junction, went back the other way only to overtake Green Supra as he was turning off :thumbs:

Anyway, top stuff and look forward to the next one.

-p

Hope everyone had a good day? The traffic was terrible I'd hate to see Southampton at rush hour! We eventually made it into the car park and had a good look round. Some nice looking cars. The Mazda RX8 was nice with a friendly owner too. I think it was Mandy's silver aerotop with the crazy ice install that looked the part. And plenty of other nice machines on show as expected.

I got stuck in the queue to leave the car park trying to follow some people to Japspeed in which time Greens Supra and nice S2000 and a few cars I wanted to look at came in so I turned round and went back into West Quay carpark. Got a wave whilst I was queuing from a lady in a nice gunmetal facelift which I believe was Amazing grace. (Sorry if that's totally wrong!)

Realised Supra Gal is the same Rosie I went to uni with (small world) and meet Nick she was with that I also went to uni with! Also got to meet Oxy briefly. Probably meet some others too but its difficult to tell who's who on a day like this.

Went for some dinner at Frankie and Bennys (bad service) came out and there was a good few Supra's left in the car park but no one in sight. Tried to find the Japspeed place but ended up getting rather lost around Southampton and ended up heading home after that.

Didn't see another jap car all the way back to Brighton but still a good day.

Adrian

I have to say excellant meet, Shame car park was busy. But it felt like a meet that went well to me and some really nice cars there. Must be close to record Supra turn out and skyline boys came out in force as well followed closely by the scoobys

Enjoyed convoy there and back. Suprised Dangerous Brain kept up on way back wit his speed limiter. I also managed to lose some dead weight i had in my car on way there as well :p

One car was clamped and had to pay £20 to have clamp removed...it was a celica

Originally posted by whitesupraboy2

Suprised Dangerous Brain kept up on way back wit his speed limiter. :p

One car was clamped and had to pay £20 to have clamp removed...it was a celica

Hey upstart nova kid not only did I keep up I turned off at ringwood only to find the spur road blocked by the police after an accident (hope it wasn't one of ours on their way home) Burned back down the dual carriage way and I beleive I actually passed your ass albeit up the inside lol.

Great meet all, again shame the car park was so busy but at least we got lucky with the weather. I reckon if half the crew hadn't taken off for japspeed the ones that turned up later on wouldn't have fit in. Major laff @ the celica gettin clamped I reckon the guy probably went round trying to get a clamp on our cars but couldn't cos our wheels were 2 big so he picked on a ickle celica instead the bully lol.

Were some awesome motors there and the mrs has said she quite liked the daddied up black RX7 so who knows!!!

The most amazing moment I reckon was when we left after the pub and at one point on the dual carriageway out of soton the only car type I could see both in front and behind in both lanes were supra's which look ultra cool at night with lights on. It was like summat out of gran turismo.

Apologies to OXY after almost performing a doughnut right next to ya exiting a roundabout in soton trying to follow timwildmans line off the damn rbout oooopsy.

Cool meet all roll on the next one.

Originally posted by whitesupraboy2

I also managed to lose some dead weight i had in my car on way there as well :p

Oooh, harsh :eek:. Made her walk home too, you cad! I think we should officially hold SteveW2s beer dept fulfilled after that mammoth round he bought. On second thoughts, it was only soft drinks...

It was a cool convoy out of Southampton. Oh, and sorry to whoever it was I pulled out in front of in the outside lane after a numpty pulled on to the dual carriageway right in front of me! Dunno what was going on on the spur road.

Hey guys, just got back :)

Sorry I was so late getting there so missed all the hassle from security and stuff- was convoying down with boys from TOC and one of their bonnets flew up on the m3 and mullerd his windscreen/roof etc. Thanks for waiting for me at Fleet though :)

ToyotaSupraUK- I had no idea it was you Adrian!! Couldn't believe it when I saw you there!! lol

On the plus side I think Nicks been swayed from getting an RX7 into getting a Supe :thumbs:

From what I could tell there were loads and loads of cars there, shame no-one realised that there was some ship there or something that people wanted to look at (weird) hense there being no parking spaces...

Agreed on the not wanting to see Southampton in rush hour- what a nightmare!! Lots of very cool cars, and Tanx- hope you and your missus will come to more- nice 300 :)

For those of you that didn't sneak off early (naughty!) we had some drinks and then went for a convoy as planned, was hilarious as everyone followed the bournemouth boys onto the M27 West when we needed to go East, so turning round and getting back together was interesting!!

Everyone needs radios! What a difference they make! :D

Think I've thought of a place for the next one so we need to decide if we should make it a Monday night thing again?

i thought some followed us but were some good blasts happening on M27 and did enjoy it, the noise from the cars was awesome!

If it a monday night i just cant do, due to work commitments...i have to look my best and it hard enough as it is!lol

She wanted to walk home by way, she said u go off and play with ur friends and their cars! patronising or wat! lol

So wheres the plan for next one rosie?

Good meet , shame about the congestion , the Kamelion one is owned by a guy called Leon , he says hes gonna be joining here , nice fella and the car looked well , running a 100 shot of NOS as well , lets hope he shows up !!!

Dude:flame Dev

Originally posted by Branners

Yep, I went out of the carpark (eventually) and queued all along the road, then couldnt find anybody who knew where they were going so I buggered off home.

Nice meet though, shame it was so busy with other cars but it certainly got the attention of the boy racers.

Well done to the organisers.

JB

We (me and S2000 blokey) did exactly the same, what a bag of shite.

WSB2- you have woman trouble?

I wanna suss out the potential meet place more first to decide if we should do a Sun or Monday, Sundays better for most but it's always gonna be busier for parking so I want to check it out first. I'll try and get down there next Sunday if I'm not too mullered from my birthday celebrations!

Originally posted by Supragal

WSB2- you have woman trouble?

I wanna suss out the potential meet place more first to decide if we should do a Sun or Monday, Sundays better for most but it's always gonna be busier for parking so I want to check it out first. I'll try and get down there next Sunday if I'm not too mullered from my birthday celebrations!

Those 30'th bashes can be a bugger Rosie !!!!:innocent:

Originally posted by dude

Good meet , shame about the congestion , the Kamelion one is owned by a guy called Leon , he says hes gonna be joining here , nice fella and the car looked well , running a 100 shot of NOS as well , lets hope he shows up !!!

ive got some articles in jap performance magazine on this car. it sounded bloody lovely when he started it up and roared off didnt it. im sure i remember reading somewhere its his girlfriends/wifes car.

didnt get to speak to you dude every time i came near you, you were talking to someone. i was going to take your car for a spin when i noticed you had left keys in boot lock.

some pickies here Ok thats the link to the pictures out of the way. Theres a couple of your's in there blackmax.

Were did you all go? I thought there was a change of plan when every one rushed off in the Bournemouth direction. I got to with in about 5mins from home before we turned back only for me to get lost :conf:

Still had a top KFC which made up for it!

Coulpe of very good looking cars there, esp. phill's, and leons.

Originally posted by leett

ive got some articles in jap performance magazine on this car. it sounded bloody lovely when he started it up and roared off didnt it. im sure i remember reading somewhere its his girlfriends/wifes car.

didnt get to speak to you dude every time i came near you, you were talking to someone. i was going to take your car for a spin when i noticed you had left keys in boot lock.

Wish you told me i spent ages looking for them , If the blackjax was working i wouldnt have been worried but after Matty h has worked his magic on sat it will be unstealable ....allmost !!!!