The mkiv Supra Owners Club

South East Meet- 11th January 2004- 2PM

Supragal

Originally posted by Trig

I had a very eventful trip home to say the least!! First of all i was following everyone, then a few got muddled up and i ended up following a red supe and a white supe (think it may have been Whitesupraboy)to Bournemouth,

Yeh it was me, i did wonder if any of you were ever gonna turn around!! lol but it nice drive along the motorway and A31 to bournemouth and easy enough to go back along! good little sprint Trig we werent hanging around :p

As for car flirting....you gotta love it, just dont do it when a girl is sat in passanger seat they arent impressed :innocent:

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Catching up on some posts as I haven' been able to get on here until now.

That was probably my fault that about you lot following us to Bournmouth, couldn't be bothered to wait behind all the cars parked in line and started to drive off with the B'mth lot behind me!!! Thought we had a good convoy back, couldn't see very well though as was always at the front:D

Feel better now I have sttled my drinks debt to you (nagging:D ) peeps. Got off lightly though, even offereed Rosie, Ash Willis and a few others drinks but got away with those as well:D

Just as well the traffic was busy, you little N/a's didn't get a chance to try it on. WSB2, I know you were gonna give it a go, why punish yourself though;)

It was a good laugh in the pub though and a very enjoyable day, persuaded me to keep the Supe for a couple months longer at least:)

Originally posted by far

I had a good time all in all apart from loosing the dam convoy on the way to gosport or wherever the hell it was ! :p

Hey far.. your exhaust wobbles a bit.. something might need tighening up down there, other than that it goes like stink :thumbs:

The reason why I left cause I was told security were kicking us out.:( Japspeed was towards the docks but I think many people went towards the city centre including me until I met up with a bloke driving an FTO. He had just got back from shopping and just so happened to be beside me when I got lost so he showed the way.:thumbs: Here's to the next one!:eyebrows:

Well I've finally managed to get on here, been trying all day :(

Fantastic turn out and yes the bloody traffic has been mentioned a few times, I hope this doesn't put anyone coming down again, it's not usually like that! :eek:

Got my pics sorted today, can be seen here

Great to see some new people along, met CJ and Gordon F [thanks for letting me out in the queue] and good to see the usual people :thumbs:

Gonna seriously think about next Sunday :)

Cool meet everybody. Yeh definetly cool...I was freezing. My friend who picked my up in his Vitara had the top off! I mean what was thinking! We looked like a right bunch of _____!

Nice to put some names to faces. Top car James. Oh yeh did I tell you that one of you reverse lights is out (just kidding):p

I was impressed with Mandy's mobile disco aswell! Nice rear build :thumbs:

I felt bit like a kid in the arcades with no money not having my supe with me.

Definetly look forward to the next meet. Nobody order any traffic next time! Think that took out the potential.

Nice to see me Supra mates again, despite continually slapping the ass off of me 400 (ish) horses against the forces of meterological resistance.

The Elements and everything were against us all...and some stupid twat had decidid to plonk a ship the size of a South London Council Estate in the middle of it all (which didn't help)

With Supragal at the Helm and Millhouse and Ashley Willis at Supra Traffic Control we were zoned in and landed eventually.

Bit too late ta meet the people I've never met (nev mind)

Cheers To Rosie (Supragal) for everyfink and Mawby for takin us to that really nice pub with blazing fires, Amazing Grace for the offer of her spare Woolly, and Ash (Oxy) for stopping when my comms antenna took off at 130 leps on way back lol.

Highlight of the day for me was a load of kids in the passenger seat of thier Dads £90k AMG Merc leaning outa window shouting "Wow nice car mate" and puting thumbs up, whilst their Dad was trying to shut em up lol...RESULT

I'd also like to thank my Producer my agent and the good British public for driving 'shit cars' in the fast lane and holding the Convoy up.

:cool:

Originally posted by Green Supra

Highlight of the day for me was a load of kids in the passenger seat of thier Dads £90k AMG Merc leaning outa window shouting "Wow nice car mate" and puting thumbs up, whilst their Dad was trying to shut em up lol...RESULT

I spoke to this guy, he was asking about the traffic, and it if was because of the Jap car show :) - Nice chap and car.

Anyway, here are some pics from the day.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/robert.pogmore/southampton/DSC02335S.JPG

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/robert.pogmore/southampton/DSC02334S.JPG

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/robert.pogmore/southampton/DSC02333S.JPG

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/robert.pogmore/southampton/DSC02332S.JPG

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/robert.pogmore/southampton/DSC02331S.JPG

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/robert.pogmore/southampton/DSC02330S.JPG

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/robert.pogmore/southampton/DSC02337S.JPG

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/robert.pogmore/southampton/DSC02336S.JPG

nice pics. is the pic of the back of my car before or after you realised you were on your way home. LOL

Yup.. i was getting desperate :D

Apart from the last one of the QM2

Haha, lets just say I was inspired by the Architecture Southampton had to offer :p

Originally posted by Bobbeh

Cheers fella :) Had to get one of yours in there hehe.. I liked your wheels, interesting design.

:D Cheers :) They are some weird jap make (Longchamp XR4 - sounds like a ford!!!), can't find out anything about them and haven't seen any others, but they are 17s and fit over UK brakes so that was a result!

On a different note, the thing that was good about the convoy was a fair few different makes that could have sparked rivalry, but everyone was letting people out etc - was good to see :) :thumbs:

Originally posted by Scooter

Did anyone see big Steve W once we got down. He was following me down but i never saw him in /around the car park?

Yeah I saw him Scoot - he came back to the pub later on aswell I think.

Bobeh nice pics dude :thumbs: didnt realise you where in the s2000 !

Originally posted by Supragal

Actually Si, I meant to say those wheels looks wicked! Love it on the mway when you can read the "Supra" on the calipers as they spin...

Also, Kev, I like your new wheels too :p

Did ya mean my wheels Rosie ?

If so cheers....yep Kevs are cool, well nice.

:love: :love: :hug:

a great turnout but a shame that there were traffic and security related problems that led to people leaving the meet half an hour after it 'started'. Next time we need to clear it with the owners that we are bringing 100+ cars to a meet in their car park. Common courtesy really.

Fleet services looks a great place for a Sunday meet. Easy access, massive car park, plenty of food, optimax and a nice bit of road to run the cars up and down.

Shame about Southampton. I left to go to Japspeed, got lost and went home :(

Great to see you all!!!

Ash and I were late leaving home giving birth to chess men that we were going to meet at the Fleet Services late and miss everyone,phew... we were so glad that peeps were running late, although So sorry Rosie that your bunch had such an unpleasant experience on the way there! Had so much fun on the motorway on way down to S'hampton apart from plonker in white van who pulled into outside lane just as I was steping on the peddel chasing Hisupe and Ash who were traveling swiftly away. Many thankx to the peeps who took the pics(Bobbeh and Suprapunk) who got some great pics of my baby. Lovely to meet new peeps in the pub Ashley Clair Millhouse Rob C and everyone else. So pixxed off I had to leave early but my alarm kept going off even after I disarmed it! Went to garage today I need a new battery so will pick it up on friday. Lets do this again really soon. Sorry to have missed Paul E James Arup and others well next time. See ya all.x