The mkiv Supra Owners Club

South East Meet- 11th January 2004- 2PM

Supragal

Top meet :D Shame it took us so long to get there :( And the convoy from in the eve got many lost!

Headed off about 7:30 from Lee-on-Solent up the A32 home through Alton - quiet, cool road - man what a great blast! Shame when I hit the A31 the heavens really opened making it almost impossible to see :eek:

Good to see everyone again, but I think we missed quite a few :(

Nick's certainly choosing wisely!!! ;)

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by leett

ive got some articles in jap performance magazine on this car. it sounded bloody lovely when he started it up and roared off didnt it. im sure i remember reading somewhere its his girlfriends/wifes car.

didnt get to speak to you dude every time i came near you, you were talking to someone. i was going to take your car for a spin when i noticed you had left keys in boot lock.

It wasnt you asked me about portsmouth was it !!!!! if not that must have been John K , Tall ...... very Tall !!!:cool:

Dude:flame Dev

Can't really say anything that hasn't already been said. Great meet, nice to see some old faces and so many new ones too. Traffic and parking was a pain, but at least we all got in there in the end. Hopefully the club has made a good impression with other clubs about our ability to organise good meets. I know the events moderator on TOC was certainly interested in getting a lot mkivsupra.net members along to their meets.

Here's my contribution to the piccies.

Hopefully see some of you at the next meet.

Cheers,

Lee :thumbs:

Originally posted by dude

It wasnt you asked me about portsmouth was it !!!!! if not that must have been John K , Tall ...... very Tall !!!:cool:

Dude:flame Dev

no mate, could have been johnk. i met him and he was very tall. i was in black leather jacket(not neo-style)with my mrs and two kids

Originally posted by Scooter

oh and Bobbeh say what you feel man, quit sitting on the fence :D

yeah well, 240 miles of wasted journey really.. however the convoy down from Fleet was fun :) So that made it a good laff.

I just felt we got there way too late and the amount of traffic was ridiculous. My m8 who works down there couldnt believe how busy it was and when we eventually got to the carpark everyone was leaving.

We left trying to follow some people thinking they were moving to some other place but no.. so we went home. Meh. :sly:

Originally posted by Bobbeh

yeah well, 240 miles of wasted journey really.. however the convoy down from Fleet was fun :) So that made it a good laff.

I didn't see you there, damn.. shame, you should've hung around with the rest of us. Was a top day for us .. :D

It was a last minute decision to come.. I was with my m8 in his Red S2000. And we basically entered car park, swung around the frist roundabout we came to and left cos we thought it was over. Oh well. :blink:

Boleny and Gaydon should be much better hopefully.

It was a last minute decision to come.. I was with my m8 in his Red S2000. And we basically entered car park, swung around the frist roundabout we came to and left cos we thought it was over. Oh well. :blink:

Ah, damn! That would properly suck, I didn't realise you left straight away.. definitely a waste of a journey then!

I was worried I was going to end up doing the same.. with all the crap from the motorways up my windscreen, I could no longer read ANY signs at all and got totally lost.. then thought of calling on Millhouse's Southampton knowledge and he led me there :)

What time did you arrive? Security told people to leave about 4:30 or 5 ish I think?? Loads of us stayed though, but I think only the Supra peeps.

-p

Didn't realise you were in the 2k - that was a good run down wasn't it ;) :D

Originally posted by pulse

What time did you arrive? Security told people to leave about 4:30 or 5 ish I think?? Loads of us stayed though, but I think only the Supra peeps.

We left , maybe around 3.45pm or something around then. Basically, we saw more cars going out than coming in and people talking through windows like it was either being moved on or ended etc.

it wasnt me you were following was it? when i left i had a red s2000 follow me. i took wrong turn and turned round in pub car park and back onto m27.i noticed s2000 turned round at same time but didnt think for one minute anyone would be following me. i was in storm blue uk spec with odd taillights.

ROFL Yeah it was haha

im pissing my self laughing now. i kept accelerating away,slow down and then you would appear again so i would accelerate away again. you should of got my attention in the pub car park. i left early cause the kids were cold. SORRY:twak: :D

Kewl the bbs is finally up again.

Yesterday was great, despite all the problems. It was great to meet a couple of new people, Mawby, Ash Willis, etc.

Cant wait till the next meet :)

Will try and make Westenders at the w/e but im not promisin at this stage.....

Yeah, it was a good laugh yesterday. Always nice to see the M3 swarming with Supras on the way down. Nice to finally meet some of you too (#1 Adam, Paul E, Dude etc)

It's a shame it all got split up. I followed everyone off to JapSpeed (which was an ar3e to find!), but it sounds like it would have been better to hand about now!

Anyway, got some pics up here:-

Bouncing Bullet Gallery. Not sure what was going on with the focus in some of the pics :innocent:

Cheers, J :cool:

I had a good time all in all apart from loosing the dam convoy on the way to gosport or wherever the hell it was ! :p

Going passed an unmarked T5 at 90+ wasnt the highlight of my day either.

Well I think this could have been the mother of all meets if it had been tweaked a little and it hadnt been so busy in both the car park and en-route

Good to meet everyone that I did.

Dude it was me that asked you about portsmouth.

I just have to say Southampton traffic isnt usually that bad even in rush hour, it was that damm boat and everyone wanting to look at it. Same happened when the Orianna first came in.

As for the clamp, bad luck, id have gone home got my tools and cut the damm thing off.

What was goin on with the site today?? been dying to post up!!

Great meet, Some lovely motors there and good to catch up with the majority.

I had a very eventful trip home to say the least!! First of all i was following everyone, then a few got muddled up and i ended up following a red supe and a white supe (think it may have been Whitesupraboy)to Bournemouth, but then turned round and met up with Rob B again. We decided to make our way back, he was following me and i managed to miss the M3 exit!! Rob didnt so i tried catching him up, to no avail i must add cos he ended up missing the M25 turn off!! :p Anyways, a white scooby pulled up next to me on the M25 and kept overtaking and then undertaking, so i just floored it big time. He tried to keep up but couldnt, think he bottled it in the end. I ended up hitting 150mph and thought id best slow down. 2 minutes later i saw flashing blue lights in my rear view and to say i shat myself would be an understatement!! :( I pulled over to the middle lane and he went straight past me! (how fortunate)

Then a few miles up the road ive seen hes pulled over an Audi TT (phew!!!), just as i saw this an amazingly good looking blonde in a clio pull up next to me and gives me the thumbs up!! (wasnt sure if it was for me or the car, probably the car!! lol) and for the majority of the way home i was car flirting (just overtaking each other) Shame she didnt pull into Clacket Lane services :(

Ah well maybe next time!!

Anyway Great meet, gonna try and make this weekend, if not see you next month. :thumbs: :thumbs: