The Nurburgring Trip

AJI

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just a thought Aron/everyone - when/where are we meeting up on the trip over? Ian R and I (and our passengers) are staying at a travelodge the night before (well, part of the night before ;)) - where will we meet the rest of you?

Shall we swap mobile numbers Aron?

We shall all meet at the car park before the ferry terminal.

As you go through Dover you keep heading for the Ferries.... there will be a car park before you pass 'the point of no return' so to speak. (just trying to go from memory here, but you pass a fuel garage on the left and the car park in not too far along the road from there).

Myself and the group of cars that are convoying down with me should already be there. So you should find us easily.

Just look out for a Silver Supra, a black GTfour, a silver GTfour and a blue scooby.

I aim to be there quite early, say 4am(ish)...the ferry boarding time is 6am and as long as you get there before 6am you should be able to meet up.

I'm about to PM you my mobile number...

Nice one chaps :)

Ian R has said that he'll lend me a radio and I'll PM you my mobile number too, Aron. Ian and I are both in Silver Supes - his is a loud NA-T and mine is a stock RZ with the anthracite (grey!) wheels.

One other quick question - regarding petrol - how many miles will we be travelling over in France/Belgium before we'll stop - if fuel is noticably cheaper over there (is it?) I don't want to waste money by filling up over here the night before - money is tight at the moment :( plus I want to save every possible penny to spend on tracktime ;)

I can't wait for this! :)

fuel in France is not much cheaper than here (if at all), so its best to fuel up before the ferry. (might be an idea to chuck some crappy 95ron fuel in as all we are going to be doing is motorway cruising - until we get there of course!)

We should be travelling for about 2-3hours before the first stop, and then another 2 hours before the 2nd stop and then 2 hours until we get to the 'ring.

As mentioned, we should be arriving at the 'ring at (or just after) mid-day. (1pm-2pm area - depending on amount of time spent at the stops - we may aswell get something to eat at one of them).

Fuel in Germany is about 4p-5p cheaper than here (I think - maybe corrected on that one) but the best place is Luxemburg... but we aren't going that far south.

Guest SupraNikolai

well ill be there for sure 10am monday! so anyone staying till then look for the dork probably wearing this hat or some kind of Toyota t-shirt...

SupraNikolai - we may not have enough time to get any laps in on the Monday, but we are planned to get a few souveniers from the garage shop just outside the track at around 10am-11am before we set off back to Calais to catch the ferry.

If you are around at this time come over and say hi.

(p.s. - quite a tidy hat actually!)

Ok all. I'm back from Lincoln and my liver survived! I'm checking the post to see if all my parts have arrived. I've scored two airboxes and have a third on the way. Hopefully, one will work. Also, my braided lines are coming for my U.S. fronts. I'm a bit worried though. If I put them in tomorrow and drive around, will they be ok for the Ring on Saturday? I don't think I'll make it down until mid-morning Saturday, but the wife and I want to stay with everybody Saturday night. What hotel are you in and are there any rooms available? I'll make the reservation tomorrow. So excited. My 2nd time to the ring, but the first time in the Supra. It will be crowded. Don't kid yourself. Best laps are early in the morning. AHH-aristo.. nice ride mate. a good friend had one in Okinawa when I was there. I drink Gin as well and will try to remember to bring a bottle. Extra-Dry Gin Martini's? I've played Rugby and soccer, but prefer Rugby (inside center myself). Italy's win pissed me off. F*cking diving-@$$ pu$$ies. Hope to see you all Saturday. Somebody please PM me a mobile number.