AJI

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So my first post.

At first sorry for my bad spelling,hope you understand everything.

meet Aaron at the ring this weekend.

think photos will come this evening!Was nice.

Speak not so good but understand everything.Was a nice evening at the Sonneck.

thanks for the spin on the Ring.

Crazy Englands!:D try to share the video i take somewere but i cannot prommis(?)!

So that´s it.

bye mark

Oops what happened to Martyn?! Hope its not too serious, he was telling me last weekend he'd just got it all sorted/tuned :D

Not to bad front passenger and rear wing took most of the impact but the guys at the ringhaus managed to pull it out and it doesn't look that bad at the mo more body damage but chassis seem to be intact

Great weekend guys. Those of you that couldn't make it really missed out. Great seeing old friends and meeting new ones. I damn near ran out of gas on the way home. Good thing I had a gas can in the garage full of super-plus. I'll post some pics and vids later.

As usual Envy don't worry about the hours posting take the water why don't you?

aron, is still on way home, ferry around 8pm ish, so will not see this til he gets home, I have pictures to post up and will do. Just back from another 5 trips around the ring, this is ace what a fantastic weekend.

Only bad part has been it has been 2 groups?

And it has been a them and us type of weekend. Not what I signed up for but, hey it happens

Probably post pictures in the morning before we leave to come home.

Big thanks go to Lucy and Kate for all of the photo's they took.

Just checking in.

Finally arrived back home after another monster drive from Germany to Cumbria !

Its 02:40 on Tuesday morning and I'm still wide awake.

Anyway... the weekend was absolutely brilliant ! Great to meet new faces both English and German Supra owners.

I did many laps round the 'ring and got round with only one slight scary moment..... and it had to be the very final lap I did aswell !

I saw the UK Supra guys head out onto track and I had one lap left on my ticket. I followed them out and caught them up and got some really good video footage of them going round the 2nd quarter of the track.

The camcorder battery was flashing and this means only 30seconds of power left... so I went to pass them to get a fly-by shot of them all...

on braking into Bergwerk corner you are supposed to come down from 5th to 3rd gear (via 4th obviously).... but instead of catching 4th it went into 2nd !

Instant rear wheel lock up and a scary angle pointing towards Steve R for a moment, but it was recovered more or less as soon as it happened (I've actually made that mistake before I have to admit). Just involves planting the clutch back in and firing on some counter-steer. But yeah... apart from that all went perfect.

The German Supra owners had some very tidy cars indeed and Honey (Katrin) tells me there are lots more where they come from. I invited them over for a meal at our Hotel and we got along very well. I also took them out for a flying lap round the track with sideways action thrown in for good measure.

Sorry to see both the RX7's get damaged, and really glad to see there were no injuries.

I've got loads of camcorder footage and lots of pictures which I will get sorted over the next number of days.

I agree with Jspec, more of you guys should plan to go over there... the area is great and the track is awesome.

Well that's enough from me for the time being, I'm gonig to see if I can get to sleep !