The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The Nurburgring Trip

AJI

Ok mate have you got a URL have deleted other thread will post new thread in AM

Kate booked it so I don't knwo what it's called - I think there is only 1 travelodge on the M2, I shall just take a look and come back with an URL, 1 sec.... :)

EDIT - ok here we go, doesn't seem to have any rooms left at the cheaper rate any more though, sorry bud :(

http://www.travelodge.co.uk/find_a_hotel/hotel/hotel_id/53/MedwayM2

I have no idea what it's like or what is in the area, so nobody kill me if it's not as good as the Ashford one - just wanted a cheap bed for the night :)

Not looking forward to getting up at 4:?? AM :eek:

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thought you was convoying with me !! So sod you then....................

Tom... were you really thinkin of driving all the way down to Dover that early in the mornin?

Why not convoy down on the Thursday night and stay at the Travellodge? Its a really early ferry on friday.

I'm doing a monster trip from Cumbria with a few cars from my area.... setting off at 7pm on the Thursday night and arriving at Dover for about 3am Friday morning !! Hopefully get a couple of hours sleep before getting woken up by big exhausts ! ;)

Steve... no, the other one. Yeah mate, I'm near the border.. stone's throw almost. It's actually fastest for me to jump on the A46 east towards Dusseldorf to the A61 towards Koblenz. There's another way to the ring right off the A61 that's a better drive than taking the A1. Door to gate for me is just under an hour.

The Hotel we are stopping at is around 90-100euros for three nights. Thats 30-33euros per night or about £22 per night. (going from last year's prices).

The closer to the 'ring you get or the more luxury hotel you get the more dearer it goes generally speaking.

AJI, is there still an option to get in at that price? I mean, it kinda seems silly staying less than an hour from the house, but I don't want to miss the party.

BTW, I'm taking the BMW to the ring tomorrow to do a few laps with the wife. The supra needs an oil change and tune up so she gets to stay home in the garage.

I'm doing a monster trip from Cumbria with a few cars from my area.... setting off at 7pm on the Thursday night and arriving at Dover for about 3am Friday morning !! Hopefully get a couple of hours sleep before getting woken up by big exhausts ! ;)

Aji,

give me a meet point down the road and time will trundle down with you.

So I've just returned from a day at the ring and man was it busy. It was closed when I got there mid day. Apparently a couple of bikers and a car got together and there were two fatalities. We (wife & I) went to eat and got back around 4:30 and it was back open. Jumped on, and did a cautious (not according to my wife), yet spirited first lap. First impressions: Holy $hit, there's a lot of traffic, man there's a lot of elevation change, and the only thing in common with GT4 is the order of the turns. Some fast bikes and GT3s out there and the hearing in my right ear is lesser from my wife screaming in fear. Did two more laps through the evening and had a great time. The big BMW is far too heavy and rolls too much for that track. Supe should be better, but there's no way I'm taking it out there without the bigger front brakes. 8 lap ticket cost me 108 Euro. There were a lot of accidents and I saw the yellow flag on all three of my laps. If you're gonna' booze the night prior to driving, I highly recommend a ton of water before bed and the morning of. Driving that track really takes it out of you.

As for the DBs, I heard some cars that were loud, but not really loud. My recommendation is bring a baffle and don't rev it in the parking lot or at all until you're 500 meters down track. That's all I can tell you dude.

Tom,

We are going down the M6 and then onto the M1.... a few of us guys from my area want to try out the M6-toll at full whack speed !! ;) And at the sort of time that we'll be travelling on it should be perfectly quiet.

I take it you'll be coming down the A1/M1 ? If so then you'll be able to meet up with us at J15a on the M1 just north of Northampton.

I know is a bit of a lonely travel down until that point but unless you want to travel across country to the M6 I think that will be the easiest place to meet.

Let us know what you think.

Cheers.

Tom,

We are going down the M6 and then onto the M1.... a few of us guys from my area want to try out the M6-toll at full whack speed !! ;) And at the sort of time that we'll be travelling on it should be perfectly quiet.

I take it you'll be coming down the A1/M1 ? If so then you'll be able to meet up with us at J15a on the M1 just north of Northampton.

I know is a bit of a lonely travel down until that point but unless you want to travel across country to the M6 I think that will be the easiest place to meet.

Let us know what you think.

Cheers.

OK, well I am off on the 29th so free for anything.... might drive down to the Midlands and take it from there..

I'm such a dumbass... I reaslied today that I've had this for a while!

I have a turn-by-turn guide for the 'Ring written by some racing driver chap in PDF form if anyone wants it? It's 28 pages long, in full colour with drawings of all the corners and descriptions of the ideal line through them - plus the potential 'gotchyas'. Interesting reading even if like me you won't be going absolutely balls-out. :D

If anyone wants a copy just drop me a PM with your email address and I'll send it on :)

Steve

If you print that off and bring it along, that would be great.

I think I have 99% of the corners sussed in terms of the correct racing line for my Supra, but it will be interesting to see another driver's perspective.

The only one I'm not 100% sure on is at what point do you chuck the car into the karrusel.

Last year I tried a few different options but my wheels were catching the arches so I could push as hard as I wanted.