The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Fuel Price

formatzero

Lots of things going against fuel and energy prices at the moment. I fully expect to see over £2 a litre for standard petrol in the coming months as the war in Ukraine carries on and there are more embargo's on Russian oil. Thankfully I work from home so fuel prices don't hurt me too much but that's countered by soaring energy prices which are a much bigger issue for most people.

yes, that's it.... a single catastrophe with the fuel prices....., one has to think clearly, as bitter as it sounds,,,,,. what do we have to do with the Ukraine war?.......as brutal as that may sound....., nothing, absolutely nothing....., that is entirely a matter between the Urakine and Russia. ...., if this war had broken out in Mongolia....., the media would hardly be reporting and such price increases, in any field, would never happen.How stupid...., heavy weapons for Ukraine......., how hard it is to understand where this is leading ????
sad, sad , sad, these many poor people who are now losing everything....

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Anyone with a diesel car as their main drive, with space and a few £thousand in cash could do worse then buy a tank and fill it with white diesel. The tank usually pays for itself on the first fill and  having your own pump is happy days as anarchists close down fuel distribution centres. Its one of those investments that I wish I had done decades earlier.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, rider said:

Anyone with a diesel car as their main drive, with space and a few £thousand in cash could do worse then buy a tank and fill it with white diesel. The tank usually pays for itself on the first fill and  having your own pump is happy days as anarchists close down fuel distribution centres. Its one of those investments that I wish I had done decades earlier.

Any idea on the cost of it in bulk? im looking at the tanks and have the space, my daily and mrs van are costing a fortune. 

15 hours ago, rider said:

Is it really that simple  ? Looks like you need to get a license if over 275 litres and i'd guess you cant just use any old tank 

Another issue is you become a target for it to be nicked 

2 hours ago, The Raven said:

Any idea on the cost of it in bulk? im looking at the tanks and have the space, my daily and mrs van are costing a fortune. 

I bought a bunded fuelling station of 2,500l capacity for around £1600, its less if you go smaller and more if you go larger. I was seriously thinking of going 7000l but that does get expensive to fill and it'd be 4 years supply for me. The wholesale price isn't actually that different to the cheapest retail price, usually no more than 5p lower. You are just hedging that the price isn't going to drop significantly and will likely go up. if it were to drop I would just start buying at the pumps until it went back above the purchase price. I bought at 97p and 1.36p per litre. Savings on the first tank load almost paid for the tank and the second is saving me 50p/l at the moment.

I've sailed through the no fuel at the forecourt issues and helped out the family by fuelling their cars. So it has been a sound investment for me and a god send for the wider family in times of fuel shortages but as they always say, investments can go up as well as down. 

I live on a large acreage farm property so I can put tanks pretty much anywhere I want. If you live in a town semi then you need all sorts of planning these days to meet building regs to ensure you have the correct minimum distance from the house. If you have a LPG or heating oil tank in a modern house setting then there is no reason you couldn't get planning for a bunded diesel tank to. Though its clearly not going to be an option for everyone. 

1 hour ago, The Raven said:

One of them told me he would rather let them have it than deal with the damage they do to get to it.

That's like Cat thefts, they often cut after both cat joints and so it's multiple exhaust parts not just the already very expensive cat that need replacing 😞

43 minutes ago, Scooter said:

That's like Cat thefts, they often cut after both cat joints and so it's multiple exhaust parts not just the already very expensive cat that need replacing 😞

If the vermin find out you have say 1000 litres of diesel in a tank it'll be the same.

The only tricky bit they have is the time it would take and the containers req to move it.

Saying that you can get tanks cheap enough, pop them in a van and who'd know, the pump is the problem looking at what's available but still doable at 40L p minute. 

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Dieter said:

filled up on Sunday with Super Plus for 1,83 ...... Profit these corporations have already made so much......, I don't think they care at all

Thats not bad, super or 97/99 here is £2.06 in my area.

Most of it is fuel duty. I believe the retailer only makes 5/10p profit.

24 minutes ago, Ric said:

Thats not bad, super or 97/99 here is £2.06 in my area.

Most of it is fuel duty. I believe the retailer only makes 5/10p profit.

Yes duty and vat get the biggest slice, time that changed and they get the cash from other sources but hitting the motorist is a cash cow.

Where will they go when we are all electric ??? 

fuel duty.jpg

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)