The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Who makes the best exhaust manifold?

Noz

Has anyone ever seen any flow analysis done on exhaust manifolds.

Before posting your favourite part supplier who you get a hard on over when you've hardly bought anything from them, is there any actual data showing a performing manifold out there?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Swampy442 said:

Bit unnecessary baiting there lol. Turbo or non turbo? Generally speaking more expensive manifolds are better designed, manufactured and finished than ebay stuff like XS Power etc. You only have to look at billet collectors and manifolds to see that

Lol totally baiting lol but just didn't want the usual replies man!

Turbo mate!!

Oh yeah for sure. I guess my question is has anyone does any flow testing. Aside from the build quality. What about their function. Angle size etc.

My xs manifold looks like turd compared to some of the prettier more expensive designs. But I've ported it and it's not falling apart just yet. Curious if anyones ever actually reviewed tube length / size and WG location.

Saw a video on RAD industries and they had shorter runners on the last cylinder(s). Considering they get hotter I'd have thought they'd try and keep the exhaust temps lower with a larger tube not smaller.

• 2 months later...
21 hours ago, SupraLEDrears said:

Viktor Soara from Soara performance has some of the best manifolds I've ever seen. I've ordered one from Ukraine and it's a heavy bastard but a masterpiece at a third of the cost from the big brands.

Oh wow. Any links. Not heard of them.

21 hours ago, evinX said:

Id take a look into the Real street manifolds

Didn't know they even made any. I'd love to compare all the high ends manifold flow wise. Especially from a pressure viewpoint.

Be so cool to compare them all.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Noz said:

Oh wow. Any links. Not heard of them.

Didn't know they even made any. I'd love to compare all the high ends manifold flow wise. Especially from a pressure viewpoint.

Be so cool to compare them all.

Check their FB page. They posted their newesr one last week and im sure they will have all the data you need

• 3 weeks later...

I feel you...happens in many car communities. The worst are millenials....

I've got a nice Greddy manifold and T88 under my bed that I've been saying I'll fit 'next year' for the last 3 years now 😅 I never get friggin time, yet I insist on waiting for that period when I do have the time, as it will be such a fun job, bodging it all together with a big hammer rather than sending it away to a workshop.

31 minutes ago, Celicasaur said:

I've got a nice Greddy manifold and T88 under my bed that I've been saying I'll fit 'next year' for the last 3 years now 😅 I never get friggin time, yet I insist on waiting for that period when I do have the time, as it will be such a fun job, bodging it all together with a big hammer rather than sending it away to a workshop.

Bodging it together with a big hammer, what’s wrong with duck tape? Sticks like sh#t works wonders too, especially on engine leaks…

1 hour ago, Celicasaur said:

T88 old school man those beasts are legends.

I've not seen many millennials doing it to be fair. It's usually an emotional response. Ask who could fit a single turbo setup and you'll get recommendations from more BPU owners than you can shout skyline at 😂 like a flock of birds praying on us NA owners! 🤭

10 minutes ago, mattdavies said:

https://www.realstreetperformance.com/artec-performance-stainless-steel-cast-t4-twinscroll-manifold-for-2jzgte-dual-tial-mvr-flange.html

These look interesting. Will be interested to see what the results are like when they come out. could be the best of both worlds 

That looks pretty decent. Shame they don't do a GE version 

7 hours ago, Noz said:

True though lol some proper fan boys on here with lots of advice on tuning whole running BPU 🤭

The thing is, you seem intent on finding the absolute cheapest way of doing things. Designing and testing products costs time and therefor money, copying and manufacturing doesnt. Ergo top level manifolds are well built, last and perform well but cost big bucks, and ebay copies are poorly built, flow badly but are cheap. Thats the bottom line. Applies across the whole range of tuning stuff.