The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Who makes the best exhaust manifold?

Noz

10 hours ago, Big Supes said:

The Grannas Racing manifold is a serious contender for me. They run the same style on Orange Man Bad. Enough said. 

https://www.grannasracing.com/collections/exhaust-manifolds/products/grannas-racing-2jz-gte-gen-r-t4-divided-twin-scroll-exhaust-manifold

This is insane. Can't believe I had never seen this.

I'd be curious if the open T4 flange single gate also positions the gate downwards. Only as i prefer to see it in the bay. Though I know that creates inefficiencies.

Think you've found my next manifold mate! 

2 hours ago, Mike2JZ said:

Keep in mind with American manifolds that they don’t have a steering column in the way. So make sure he has photos of it fitted in a RHD setup otherwise you may find that you don’t have clearance for wastegate or large downpipes

Joel has confirmed the 60mm wastegate version fits on RHD cars with no problems. They're going to test fit twin wastegate next. 👍

2 hours ago, Noz said:

This is insane. Can't believe I had never seen this.

I'd be curious if the open T4 flange single gate also positions the gate downwards. Only as i prefer to see it in the bay. Though I know that creates inefficiencies.

Think you've found my next manifold mate! 

Yeah, I share the same disbelief at how their stuff isn't out there more, although their GR700 kits are pretty popular these days and, for that reason, maybe people see them as more of gearbox swap shop when they've got a lot more R&D and experience to offer. 

No idea on the wastegate position, but it's worth sending Joel a message. He's a super helpful dude. 

13 minutes ago, Big Supes said:

Yeah, I share the same disbelief at how their stuff isn't out there more, although their GR700 kits are pretty popular these days and, for that reason, maybe people see them as more of gearbox swap shop when they've got a lot more R&D and experience to offer. 

No idea on the wastegate position, but it's worth sending Joel a message. He's a super helpful dude. 

Yeah he's quoted me already on a gearbox swap. Sadly my current build went over budget and absorbed the funds I had to spend.

They don't advertise so hard the other stuff. But I'll definitely give it a go. Everything else seems to expensive.

4 hours ago, Noz said:

Yeah he's quoted me already on a gearbox swap. Sadly my current build went over budget and absorbed the funds I had to spend.

They don't advertise so hard the other stuff. But I'll definitely give it a go. Everything else seems to expensive.

Ah, good stuff.

We all have a budget. We present them to our Supra's and then they laugh and say ".. and the rest!". 😅

Yeah, Joel seems a hands-on busy dude and maybe neglects marketing parts outside of the T56 swaps. 

They're very reasonably priced turbo kits. 👌

I've already told him I'll more than likely be back in the new year for a one.