The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New supra owner

Mark Hawker

Just trying to get some sensible insurance quotes through and then she will be coming out to play.

Definitely seems a good place to get a get a lot of useful information and a good bit of networking 

I am currently looking for some new front windows as they have some heavy scratches in them, and pointers for best place to look?

Any help would be much appreciated 

If you are changing out the door glass don't throw your old glass out as they are discontinued and removing scratches is an easy fix. A lot easier than trying to find the windows for a Supra. 

There are plenty of videos online on how to sort deep scratches, the main thing is to keep the glass temperature below 60C when working out scratches is to avoid the risk of thermal expansion stress and fracture. I worked on one of my cars rear screen and its not a ball ache. I bought all the materials needed off eBay from pads to cerium oxide powder.

• Like 1

Thanks for all the advice and recommendations.

Got insurance sorted through Reis motorsport and finally took her out, and all I can say is WOW what a motor

The window scratches are quite bad but am hopeful of sorting them out as it’s basically the only bad part on the car, and yea looks near on impossible to track some down 

6 hours ago, Mark Hawker said:

Thanks for all the advice and recommendations.

Got insurance sorted through Reis motorsport and finally took her out, and all I can say is WOW what a motor

The window scratches are quite bad but am hopeful of sorting them out as it’s basically the only bad part on the car, and yea looks near on impossible to track some down 

Did you get an agreed value? If so, it would be helpful if you could share the agreed value and spec. My insurance is due next month and I'm looking at branching out to see who can offer me the best agreed value as well as cover.

On 3/28/2021 at 11:10 PM, Tyson said:

Did you get an agreed value? If so, it would be helpful if you could share the agreed value and spec. My insurance is due next month and I'm looking at branching out to see who can offer me the best agreed value as well as cover.

Yes I got an agreed value of £40k

spec wise it’s a big turbo 6 speed manual with a lot of modifications which I’m still currently finding out about all of them. 
But it is in extremely good condition all round and as clearly been built and maintained to a very good standard so a lot of credit to the previous owner 

On 4/8/2021 at 7:27 AM, Peter P said:

Congratulations Mark, looks like you got yourself a lovely example with some nice mods. :) 

Enjoy, and hope you can get the window scratches sorted. 

Looks stunning in white with the black wheels. :cool:

Thanks mate, I’m very happy with it 🤙🏽

• Like 1

On 3/30/2021 at 8:37 PM, Mark Hawker said:

Yes I got an agreed value of £40k

spec wise it’s a big turbo 6 speed manual with a lot of modifications which I’m still currently finding out about all of them. 
But it is in extremely good condition all round and as clearly been built and maintained to a very good standard so a lot of credit to the previous owner 

What did you need to provide to get that value?