The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Curry

Dnk

Anyone making their own ?

I made my first yesterday, a Madras and its not come out too bad, i made enough for possibly ten portions

as my neighbors all said they wanted some so in at the deep end lol

I had a search through recipes online but there's so many variations

Mine i'd like with a bit more sourness in it but not sure how i achieve that yet

IMG_7297.JPG

IMG_7309.JPG

IMG_7310.JPG

I have done from the ground up curry, i love the prep work but i get fed up with the waste. So unless its a special occation i will use a base sause and then pervert the hell out of it.

Nice colour to yours. :thumbs:

I did enjoy doing it.

Thanks it does look nice and tastes maybe 8/10, i shall do another for sure

I've made a few curries using recipes off the Latifs Inspired Youtube channel, and they have come out really well.

It's all restaurant/ takeaway cooking so is all relatively quick to do, though needs some pre-prep like having a ''base gravy'' that restaurants/ takeaways use for all curries. I make it and freeze in in portions ready for cooking.

I've made a few curries using recipes off the Latifs Inspired Youtube channel, and they have come out really well.

It's all restaurant/ takeaway cooking so is all relatively quick to do, though needs some pre-prep like having a ''base gravy'' that restaurants/ takeaways use for all curries. I make it and freeze in in portions ready for cooking.

I'm getting a lesson from the chef in my local restaurant, i'm good friends with the owner who is also

and excellent chef and thinks it will be interesting to see what i can create, we had a chat last night while

i was collecting my takeaway, the madras he does for me is sublime along with just about everything else i

have there.

Mine if i'm being honest is nothing like his but on a plus side my neighbors thought it was very nice

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

I'm the same, mine aren't exactly like the ones i get from takeaway, but people seem to like them!

From what i've seen on the youtube channel even things like the tomato puree, garlic and ginger paste that restaurants use have lots more ingredients added into them which will add to the flavour. i'm going to be making batches of those at some point to see if it takes mine up a level.

• 2 weeks later...

First book i've bought in a long time and will attempt a few dishes in the near future

I got a takeout the other night and had another good chat with the owner and he's

giving me some inside info on what they do to make my Madras so delicious :)

He bought this out while i was sipping my Cobra waiting for my takeaway

First dish in the book i'm going to try is the mussels dish

IMG_7379.JPG

IMG_7378.JPG

104219506_678462216051083_1540285025311373845_n.jpg

IMG_7396.JPG

I have done from the ground up curry, i love the prep work but i get fed up with the waste. So unless its a special occation i will use a base sause and then pervert the hell out of it.

Nice colour to yours. :thumbs:

This, it’s the mess it creates more so that waste. I have an older book from the same guy image

Edited by Spunkmeyer (see edit history)

Yes not surprising it’s an old book

Basically you make a batch of the base and add spices etc depending on dish

I’ve been in the kitchens when I go India and goa and its basically same they do

Big pot of the base sauce by the cooker and ladle it in

Tried to find pics but can’t find them

Yes not surprising it’s an old book

Basically you make a batch of the base and add spices etc depending on dish

I’ve been in the kitchens when I go India and goa and its basically same they do

Big pot of the base sauce by the cooker and ladle it in

Tried to find pics but can’t find them

Yes i think i've cracked the base sauce, i ran it by the curry house owner and he said its

pretty much what they make

Getting the spices right for each dish is where i need to concentrate my attention

Made my next batch of base sauce, 3 litres :)

Now to make a new improved Madras after i've been shopping for a couple of spices :)

Nice, need to make a new batch of base. made a batch of ginger and garlic paste the other day, hands stunk for ages from peeling Garlic!

what are the spices you've got?