The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Curry

Dnk

On 1/26/2021 at 5:00 PM, Frank Bullitt said:

Couldn’t get much worse! You seem to be really getting into this, what’s your best dish? Tried a Butter Chicken yet?

I think my best dish is my chicken Madras, not tried butter chicken, so many curries so little time lol 

I've worked my way through most of the menu at my local restaurant but don't go hotter than Madras, Vindaloo is 

just a tad too hot for me.

I'm looking forward to be able to go back in the kitchen there with Amin the owner and his chef Mr Ali, it's a joy to watch them cook, it looks so simple :)

• 3 months later...

Thought I'd bump this and throw in my latest attempt, chicken Madras with Pilau rice. Got myself an aluminium pan recently, which does seem to make a difference to the curry.

Tried to make a more colourful pilau rice, like my local takeaway does, but may have overdone it with the green food colouring!

PXL_20210508_164448461.jpg

PXL_20210508_170153641.jpg

PXL_20210508_160438433.jpg

PXL_20210508_162603347.jpg

PXL_20210508_170143902.jpg

PXL_20210508_170436020.jpg

• Like 3

I'll do much less colouring in the rice next time, normally just boil the rice with spices and turmeric in the water, fried it first with garlic and ginger and then boiled it down/ steamed it which was much better.

The Madras was very nice, possibly a little too much Chilli thrown though in but still managed it. Made the wife a butter chicken as it would have blown her head off!

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

How are the curries going gents ?

Do any of you use a tikka marinade ? any recommendations for a good pre made one or simple homemade version

Sadly not allowed to ask this on the curry club face book pages I'm on 

1 hour ago, Dnk said:

Do any of you use a tikka marinade ? any recommendations for a good pre made one or simple homemade version

Why, is that being 'Curryist' ?

17 minutes ago, Annabella said:

Why, is that being 'Curryist' ?

The person who's page/group it is wont allow other peoples curries etc to be discussed as its his business.

I kind of get it but he puts videos etc on facebook that are foc to watch so don't get why i cant ask if anyone uses 

pre made tikka marinade, my problem is the moderation on there now so I've left.

Plenty of other places to get info

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

8 hours ago, Dnk said:

Not done many curries over the past year, but I have recently made a new batch of base gravy so I can get back on with it again

For the tikka marinade I have the below video bookmarked from a YouTube channel I follow, looks fairly straightforward, just need to get my a*se into gear and start cooking again!

• Like 2

13 hours ago, jim_supra said:

Not done many curries over the past year, but I have recently made a new batch of base gravy so I can get back on with it again

For the tikka marinade I have the below video bookmarked from a YouTube channel I follow, looks fairly straightforward, just need to get my a*se into gear and start cooking again!

Looks good but so many ingredients 

I've found some pre made marinades so might give some a try 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Just knocking up a Malaysian paste for my next curry in my Ninja, seems to work quite well 

5 Bullet Chillies, 4 Shallots, 5cm piece of Ginger root, 5 Garlic cloves, 2 Lemon grass stalks, T spoon of Turmeric, 2 table spoons of Olive oil

Almost forgot the Ginger ffs lol 

IMG_1113.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
On 6/11/2022 at 5:36 AM, Dnk said:

Just got this from a guy on facebook so will give this a go in the future.  

Tikka marinade + cooking .jpg

287106918_10160673254971388_5897243822969070307_n.jpg

That looks amazing - will definitely be giving it a try. Thanks for sharing the info! I've never had much success with making my own curry, but that one looks pretty simple to folow. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Wombattle said:

That looks amazing - will definitely be giving it a try. Thanks for sharing the info! I've never had much success with making my own curry, but that one looks pretty simple to folow. 

Look on youtube

I follow a few chefs on there, watching them make the dish makes it so much easier to make your own

This guy is one of my favorites https://www.youtube.com/@AlsKitche 

• 3 months later...

A totally spur of the moment snack yesterday.

The Scallops were from Tesco's and quite small but were decent quality.

They work well with Black pudding.

My own sauce worked better than expected, 1 frying pan, black pudding lightly fried in olive oil and remove from pan, then fry the scallops, once turned I sprinkle black pepper, salt and chilli flakes, remove from the pan once you get both sides seared, add a splash more olive oil to the pan with a decent knob of butter, once the butters melted add 4-5 chopped cloves of fresh garlic and lightly fry, then add 1/4 of a cup of white wine, reduce and use a flat spatula to move round the pan, then add lemon juice and simmer, no 7 on my electric hob, then add the scallops back to the pan and cover using the spatula 

Throw onto a plate and enjoy  

Going to buy some Canadian Scallops from Sainsbury's which look a lot larger 

To give an idea of size the back pudding is approx 50mm diameter

e02200e6-6d94-4072-a2ad-c839ac7c65b6.jpg