The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Curry

Dnk

Nice, need to make a new batch of base. made a batch of ginger and garlic paste the other day, hands stunk for ages from peeling Garlic!

what are the spices you've got?

I'm being a tad lazy and bought ginger paste and garlic paste which seems to work quite well, i doubt its as

good as using fresh though

RAPESEED OIL

BROWN ONIONS

CABBAGE

RED BELL PEPPER

GREEN BELL PEPPER

TOMATOES (i used tinned which works fine )

CARROTS

SALT

TURMERIC POWDER

PAPRIKA POWDER

CUMIN POWDER

CORIANDER POWDER

GARAM MASALA POWDER

GARLIC PASTE

GINGER PASTE

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

Looks great, what are the dried chillies you are using?

For the garlic & ginger paste all it is is equal quantity of garlic and ginger (i measured the same quantity out in an old plastic pudding pot), a good bunch of fresh coriander, and half a green pepper, then blitzed with a bit of oil and some water to loosen it up.

Thank you, looks like they're out of stock, but saved the seller for future. Turns out there's an indian food store near me so might venture to that.

Thank you, looks like they're out of stock, but saved the seller for future. Turns out there's an indian food store near me so might venture to that.

That'll be your best bet, sadly none by me.

Edit, i've actually found a place and will go have a look when i need to stock up

• 2 weeks later...
I use these guys for my spices - https://www.spicesofindia.co.uk/

Just been on there to order several items and sadly most not available :(

Found it all at this place https://www.theasiancookshop.co.uk/

My next curry is going to be King Prawn and Mushroom Bhuna but hotted up a tad and

using fresh Prawns

A few items that i need to add to my spice cupboard, Cassia bark, Methi and Asian bay leaves :)

• 3 weeks later...

Next curry prepped and ready to cook later.

I do it this way then i don't forget anything :)

Just got to make a pot of mixed powder with

Paprika ---------3 tbs

Curry powder --4 tbs

Tumerik --------3 tbs

Cummin --------3 tbs

Coriander -------3 tbs

Garam Masala --1 tbs

IMG_7671.JPG

My King Prawn Bhuna/Madras :) it turned out really well but needed a tad more heat which i shall fix next time i make it

The tea ball infuser i use for the Cardoman pods and saves me trying to find them later, works well :)

IMG_7673.JPG

IMG_7679.JPG

IMG_7680.JPG

IMG_7681.JPG

IMG_7682.JPG

IMG_7683.JPG

IMG_7685.JPG

IMG_7686.JPG

IMG_7688.JPG

• 1 month later...
I am going to start experimenting in Thai food, we are going to be moving home in the future and my kitchen right now is tiny. Big kitchen so I can get the craft on at cooking.

I've cheated and used Blue Dragon sauces and think they're pretty good and easily played

with if you fancy more heat, garlic, sweet, sour etc

This is my Thai Green curry with a little extra Kashmiri Red chilli powder i got off Ebay

Was really very nice and for £2.70 for the meal kit its pretty cheap and very quick, just add rice etc

I did another 2 nights ago and used the Red curry kit with King Prawns and that was great

Was given some more lessons at my mates restaurant the other night and the guy in charge

of the Tandoor was showing off his skills

This was my Garlic & Coriander Naan which was perfect but doubt i'll ever make them that well

without a tandoor

IMG_7758.JPG

118985625_4009153182433192_6543374205040178015_n.jpg

This is my Thai Green curry with a little extra Kashmiri Red chilli powder i got off Ebay

Was really very nice and for £2.70 for the meal kit its pretty cheap and very quick, just add rice etc

I did another 2 nights ago and used the Red curry kit with King Prawns and that was great

Was given some more lessons at my mates restaurant the other night and the guy in charge

of the Tandoor was showing off his skills

This was my Garlic & Coriander Naan which was perfect but doubt i'll ever make them that well

without a tandoor

Can we have a rate my plate flaming of those pictures lol