The mkiv Supra Owners Club

GR Yaris

Faye

• 2 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, SPG said:

A friend of mine took delivery of his last week and he said it’s a little animal, he also selected the circuit pack. 

Do you think you’ll get much sleep tonight? 😁

No, no sleep at all!! Everyone who has got hold of one so far seems chuffed to pieces, I'm so glad we ordered when we did, lead times now seem up to May/June time 

1 minute ago, Thorin said:

Everyone seems to love them. Looks great, especially in red. I've just been driving one in Gran Turismo, and now really want one!

They've definitely been well received and deservedly so, I haven't found anything I don't like yet.   I know some have complained about a few small things but our only comparison is with relatively old cars ie the supes and this little fella is a lovely addition to the family.  He's been named "Beastlet" 

If anyone is looking at getting one orders are now looking to be fulfilled by June due to popularity. 

On 12/2/2020 at 3:42 PM, Faye said:

OMG this little car is so much fun.  A lot of power through the gears and great handling.  We've already piled on 100 miles just going round the country lanes.  Love it! 466639304_PXL_20201202_1147508972.thumb.jpg.8dbf315f61fed30d000985b2e6855967.jpg

PXL_20201202_114832413~2.jpg

Great colour choice :) 

47 minutes ago, far said:

nice to see some old school members are still on here. Scooter, Thorin, Faye

Not exactly sure why I came on here. Looks like the MKIV is still live and kickin' 😁

Hey!   Nice to hear from you , hope all is well with you :)

• 2 weeks later...

very nice indeed- congratulations :)

I test drove one last week, in black with the circuit pack- absolutely fabulous piece of kit, grip really isn't the word- and it uses every single horsepower from the little 3 pot. Tempted to sell up and put my name down........

car fans & yaris haters- this only shares the lights and aerial (shark fin) with a 2020 yaris, everything else is bespoke- even the rear half of the floor is corolla...........

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I ordered mine at the start of December but I've got to wait 'til June, The test drive did it for meand I ordered it the next day. I'd previously test driven an alpine a110 and S version, the alfa Quatrifoglio and a mkv supra. The GR yaris was the most fun.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Robbie said:

I ordered mine at the start of December but I've got to wait 'til June, The test drive did it for meand I ordered it the next day. I'd previously test driven an alpine a110 and S version, the alfa Quatrifoglio and a mkv supra. The GR yaris was the most fun.

What spec did you go for? 

• 1 month later...

Well Faye your thread must have resonated with me on a deeper level as I’ve also placed an order for this little pocket rocket. Lead times have increased massively so it’s arriving in the first few months of the new year. 

I went with platinum white and the circuit pack. 😁

• Like 3

On 2/21/2021 at 2:47 PM, SPG said:

Well Faye your thread must have resonated with me on a deeper level as I’ve also placed an order for this little pocket rocket. Lead times have increased massively so it’s arriving in the first few months of the new year. 

I went with platinum white and the circuit pack. 😁

Awesome, that's quite a wait! 

It’s actually a welcomed delay as the Wife is pushing for a bigger house which should mean I’ll have a barn or outbuilding to keep my cars under cover. 

Ive already started ordering parts, simple bits at the moment like a riser for the rear view mirror to lift it up 25mm, due to the visibility people have mentioned in the reviews.

Once lockdown is over my friend is going to lend me his Yaris GR so that I can look into making up some better arch liners, as I believe the stock ones don’t cover a fair section of the arch. 

Super excited though 😃 

• Like 2

I'm sure the time will fly, we had our order in last March so sort of know how you feel.   

Is this a keeper?  If so may be worth looking into some kind of underseal, the guy who did ours was surprised at the lack of protection underneath.  

26 minutes ago, Faye said:

I'm sure the time will fly, we had our order in last March so sort of know how you feel.   

Is this a keeper?  If so may be worth looking into some kind of underseal, the guy who did ours was surprised at the lack of protection underneath.  

Yeah I’ll be looking to use this as my new daily driver and will be keeping it for the long term hopefully. I’m a bit of a Toyota Fanboy 🤓,so was super excited about this project when the details were released.

I think I’m going to get the underside sealed in a clear under seal. My friend had this done and it looks great. 

I’ll also be getting PPF done when it arrives as I don’t much fancy paint matching the Pearl paint. 

• Like 1