The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra TT Auto, Factory Example

AC93

Hello everyone,

After 4 years it is time to tell my TT Supra due to the purchase of my first property. The car has been absolutely faultless, most reliable car I have ever owned, engine is a masterpiece and the gearbox albeit not DSG behaves better than new Jags, BMW's and Range Rover auto boxes I've had, they're proper slush boxes!

Make: Toyota

Model: Supra

Year: 1994

Mileage: 95,500 (was converted from kmh to mph and de-limited by Whifbitz last summer)

MOT remaining: August 2020

Service history: Almost full, folder full of receipts.

Car's location: Bedfordshire/Buckinghamshire

All original

2 keys

Active Aero front spoiler (factory option, works perfectly)

Logic sound system (factory option)

Full OEM interior (nothing has been painted or cut out, original finish)

Glass headlights (rare)

17" OEM staggered TT wheels (refurbished last year, with original centre caps)

Uprated Whifbitz side mount intercooler

Electric windows

Electric mirrors

Footwell lights

Door handle green key hole light

ABS (factory option)

Traction control (factory option)

Cruise control (factory option)

4 Pot larger front brakes

Cat 1 Alarm and immobiliser

SRD autobox cooler

Parts serviced, receipts for everything:

Cam cover gaskets

Air con re-gas

Gearbox service - (Seal, gasket, filter and oil)

New OEM radiator + cap

Fuel sender unit

Coilpack clips

SRD anodized black metal under-tray

New crank pulley

Whifbitz decat pipes

---------------------------

Service - Oil + filter, air filter, coolant and engine flush, spark plugs - 14.07.2016

Service - Oil + filter, coolant (new radiator), diff oil - 12.03.2017

Service - Oil + filter, air filter and spark plugs - 22.05.2018

Service - Oil + filter, air filter and spark plugs - 26.04.2019

Cambelt/ Waterpump inc. tensioners, idler, thermostat, crank seal, coolant and cam seals - 08.04.2017

Power steering flush - 17.04.17

Service - (Plugs, oil + filter, air filter, fuel filter, rocker cover seals and washers, cam cover outer hoses, 4x nuts and 12 bolts, BOV hoses, coilpack clips) - 12.06.2017

Goodyear Eagle F1 Tyres - 20.09.2017

Idler pulley & tensioner - 21.06.2018

Brembo front discs and pads - 02/11/2018

Only ever run on super unleaded, been washed and waxed regularly. The paintwork is like glass, incredibly clean and has a lovely sparkle in the sunlight. Folder absolutely full of paperwork during my ownership and the previous owner,, been meticulously maintained and is a labour of love. Very clean underneath, no welding or rot spots, been properly treated and can send a video of the underneath if needed.

Bad bits:

Drivers seatbelt doesn't retract as smoothly as it used to

Scratch on right hand corner of rear bumper

Front end is original and hasn't been sprayed so has 'character' showing stone chips

Thanks,

PRICE - £21,000

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600 (1).jpg

s-l1600 (2).jpg

s-l1600 (3).jpg

s-l1600 (4).jpg

s-l1600 (5).jpg

Edited by AC93 (see edit history)

Clearly not, MOT fail.

How are people coming up with these prices?

They are just following the trader trend? I'm pretty sure this car was up for sale when I sold mine many months ago, so is not attracting huge interest as frankly are any that are up for sale? I mean there was once a really low amount of Supra's for sale country wide, now the numbers being advertised has increased, the prices have increased, but I don't think in the uk demand has really increased.

It seems most people are convinced that now £20k autos and £30k manuals is the new norm but I don't really buy it, however if the sellers all stick to the high prices then the bottom line will be, that's what you'll need to pay!? After all a sub $30k hardtop tt auto in the states is a bargain?

Apologies for this in the for sale thread, it looks a nice car and is in the middle range of current asking prices, not running it down in any way just responding the pricing trend.....appreciate that this may not be the appropriate place to do that, sorry

Apologies for this in the for sale thread, it looks a nice car and is in the extreme top range of current asking prices, not running it down in any way just responding the pricing trend.....appreciate that this may not be the appropriate place to do that, sorry

Edited for you. Ill always hark back to my immaculate 98 TT Auto I sold last year for 15k. Sold.

Is your battery secure?

My mistake, wrong engine bay photo uploaded, will get it updated when I next get on a PC!

Clearly not, MOT fail.

How are people coming up with these prices?

There's a few TT autos cheaper and there's a few more expensive. For me to get another OEM one in the same spec and condition for much less would be a struggle...

Of course always open to sensible offers :)

• 1 month later...
Deposit taken :)

Nice one, hopefully you are happy with what you got for it from the buyer? That’s all that matters really. :thumbs:

I’m sure the new owner will enjoy it as it does look like a nice example for sure. :)

All the best,

Pete :)

Nice one, hopefully you are happy with what you got for it from the buyer? That’s all that matters really. :thumbs:

I’m sure the new owner will enjoy it as it does look like a nice example for sure. :)

All the best,

Pete :)

Yep extermely happy with the price thanks. Was never in a rush to sell, but happy enough, just been serviced and will get detailed for the new owner upon collection.

May possibly the most expensive J-Spec TT auto sold? :confused:

How did you manage to get a deposit on the car in this current time ? did someone view it ?

Video calls and lots of photos and emails.. the buyer is in Europe and will be flying over after lockdown. He was due to fly over last month but his flight got cancelled as it was 2 days after lockdown was announced! So he has sent a deposit to secure it. If it falls through there is another person lined up state side who will take it...

He's just one of those people who is always lucky....unlike some of us!:(

Haha, it's a good car at the end of the day, it sold itself! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Always fraught to ask others what price they want to tell you they got for their car. Few will ever venture 'i got way less than what i wanted'.. And yet the probability of that happening is much higher than the situation of 'I got far more than I wanted'. Perhaps a good indicator is the fact that some better specced gz models at the same price don't seem to be selling whilst that fairly schmick gz Aero top for sale at a dealership for several months now can't sell and it's as low as 24k. I've bought over 200 jdm cars since the late 90s. Ive seen market up and downs many times over. Nobody need believe me that the jdm market was in a bubble and that has now burst in a massive way... But that is surely the case. Broadly speaking, Supras were the biggest bubble, however r34 gtr vspecs specifically have gone insane. Prices arent unravelling yet... They're simply stalling. Eventually people will realise they've made ill timed real estate purchases, or will lose their jobs, or much of their business income, and it will all head backwards. Americans put a fire under gtr and supra prices.... But that will reverse as it did in 2007 to 2009, 1998 to 2002, etc

What you moving onto now? shame to see another member go

I have another Supra! :D,

Forged NA-T 6 speed, VVTi head swap that will finally go for mapping after lockdown. Had it for 2 years, been slowly building it so I'm not going anywhere just yet! :lol:

What did you get in the end for the car? Would help knowing for pricing similar spec cars for other members

The car sold for £20,000, it will be going abroad on Monday morning :)

Always fraught to ask others what price they want to tell you they got for their car. Few will ever venture 'i got way less than what i wanted'.. And yet the probability of that happening is much higher than the situation of 'I got far more than I wanted'. Perhaps a good indicator is the fact that some better specced gz models at the same price don't seem to be selling whilst that fairly schmick gz Aero top for sale at a dealership for several months now can't sell and it's as low as 24k. I've bought over 200 jdm cars since the late 90s. Ive seen market up and downs many times over. Nobody need believe me that the jdm market was in a bubble and that has now burst in a massive way... But that is surely the case. Broadly speaking, Supras were the biggest bubble, however r34 gtr vspecs specifically have gone insane. Prices arent unravelling yet... They're simply stalling. Eventually people will realise they've made ill timed real estate purchases, or will lose their jobs, or much of their business income, and it will all head backwards. Americans put a fire under gtr and supra prices.... But that will reverse as it did in 2007 to 2009, 1998 to 2002, etc

End of an era. But I got what I wanted, and the person at the end of the day is getting a good, rare specced OEM car that will live a little longer elsewhere.

The market is the market, JDM 90's turbo cars have all rocketed as they turn 25 (Evo's, Pulsars, Charade GTTi, Soarers, Supras and Skylines), plus getting rarer/cooler. They will eventually level out and only the cream of the crop will sit at the top end.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.